Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does the AMS tune have full use of the different modes(eco, standard, sport sport+) or is it just 1 mode?
Yes, the mode selector works the same after the tune in my wife's 2018 Luxe AWD.
The tune I opted for at AMS includes the heat exchanger and tune. No Ecutek cable with the tune.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Month 23 update on my wife's AMS tuned 2018 Luxe AWD. 19,000 miles. No issues. Stills runs like a beast. Would definitely do it all over again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Month 23 update on my wife's AMS tuned 2018 Luxe AWD. 19,000 miles. No issues. Stills runs like a beast. Would definitely do it all over again.
This makes me happy to see. I am ditching my JB4. And getting it tuned at AMS Monday. Looking forward to consistent power.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just saw yesterday they posted up their RA600 package on their website. Cranked 670WHP and 548lb/ft of torque out of a Q50 with "a few mods" lol

✅AMS Red Alpha Injectors
✅AMS RA405 HPFP
✅AMS Intakes
✅AMS Flex Fuel Kit V2
✅AMS LPFP
✅AMS Full Catted Downpipe
✅AMS Heat Exchanger
✅AMS Aluminum Driveshaft
✅AMS Aux Intercooler Tank
✅AMS Coolant Expansion Tank
✅Wavetrac Diff
✅Pure Stage 2 Turbos
✅MBRP 3" Exhaust

Who here is going first? :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,388 Posts
Just saw yesterday they posted up their RA600 package on their website. Cranked 670WHP and 548lb/ft of torque out of a Q50 with "a few mods" lol

✅AMS Red Alpha Injectors
✅AMS RA405 HPFP
✅AMS Intakes
✅AMS Flex Fuel Kit V2
✅AMS LPFP
✅AMS Full Catted Downpipe
✅AMS Heat Exchanger
✅AMS Aluminum Driveshaft
✅AMS Aux Intercooler Tank
✅AMS Coolant Expansion Tank
✅Wavetrac Diff
✅Pure Stage 2 Turbos
✅MBRP 3" Exhaust

Who here is going first? :LOL:
In if it will wheelie!

Reactions: shamilton273

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does AMS only provide tuning on-site? I eventually want to get the AMS tune, but I'm nowhere near the midwest.

Anyone get AMS tune, parts installed, etc. in the Los Angeles area?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Does AMS only provide tuning on-site? I eventually want to get the AMS tune, but I'm nowhere near the midwest.

No, they do remote tuning as well.

·
Registered
81 Posts

I had mine tuned remotely (in Louisiana) and all of my parts installed either myself or by Austin Infiniti (Texas). All in all the process took about a week logging with the new data files and sending them back and forth. I think we did about 8 back and forth until the final file.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Just got an upgrade.
I'll bite... Pure Turbos Stg 2, Deatchwerks 1700cc injectors, Spoolin' FX-180 HPFP, Racebox tune on E85?

·
Premium Member
2018 Infiniti Q60 SS
18 Posts
Is this AWD? AMS tuned me with just a heat exchanger. And got me to 506wtq...
Big torque on stock engines isn't always a good thing. I like to max tq at around your numbers on stock turbos/engine (to be honest even less) to help keep the engine alive. Tq can easily be increased by upping the boost early in the RPM range(around 3k is where you'll always see the peak number) but isn't always a good thing. I feel bad for the guys bragging about having 530wtq on stock engines....ticking time bombs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was shocked when I got my car back. And the dyno. I was like holy **** that’s a lotta TQ. we will see what AMS does when I go back next month. Ill be FBO. Minus turbos On their flex fuel kit. I’m thinking I’ll be about 530WHP and 515wtq.

Big torque on stock engines isn't always a good thing. I like to max tq at around your numbers on stock turbos/engine (to be honest even less) to help keep the engine alive. Tq can easily be increased by upping the boost early in the RPM range(around 3k is where you'll always see the peak number) but isn't always a good thing. I feel bad for the guys bragging about having 530wtq on stock engines....ticking time bombs.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
On their flex fuel kit. I’m thinking I’ll be about 530WHP and 515wtq.
Running ethanol blends on the VR30 requires aftermarket injectors, new OEM fuel rails, HPFP, and LPFP. Otherwise, with ethanol's low lubricity properties, the risk for a stuck fuel injector greatly increases.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Running ethanol blends on the VR30 requires aftermarket injectors, new OEM fuel rails, HPFP, and LPFP. Otherwise, with ethanol's low lubricity properties, the risk for a stuck fuel injector greatly increases.
i will have everything. HPFP. LPFP. Injectors. Flex fuel kit. Fuel filter. And fuel pressure sensor

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i will have everything. HPFP. LPFP. Injectors. Flex fuel kit. Fuel filter. And fuel pressure sensor.
Well done. It's no small coin for making power, especially on corn on this platform...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'll bite... Pure Turbos Stg 2, Deatchwerks 1700cc injectors, Spoolin' FX-180 HPFP, Racebox tune on E85?
Full RA600 kit, except for the 3" exhaust. I already had 2.5 Fast Intentions. However, that caused a bottleneck so switching to MBRP 3" exhaust this week and then retune with RaceBox. Results early next week. Shooting for 640-660.

Note: Do not do the MBRP exhaust if you're wanting a true 3" exhaust. Their exhaust is going from their 2.5" downpipes or factory to 3". Had to take the exhaust to a shop to remove the 2.5" flange and 2" of 2.5" pipe and replace with 3". AAM exhaust would be the way to go.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Getting tuned at AMS on May 6th. I'm excited!

Reactions: JonnyB

·
Registered
155 Posts
Has anyone put a catback exhaust on after getting an ecutek tune? I'm wondering if it would be necessary to retune after getting a CBE and if so how much of a difference could be expected?

81 - 100 of 107 Posts