Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ordered a FI CBE. Pushed my tune back to July until after the exhaust comes in so I can just do it all at once. Patience is a virtue, right? 😂

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Ordered a FI CBE. Pushed my tune back to July until after the exhaust comes in so I can just do it all at once. Patience is a virtue, right? 😂
Congrats. Did you mention you'll install it yourself or get a shop to do it?

Reactions: NINaudio

·
Registered
248 Posts
Congrats. Did you mention you'll install it yourself or get a shop to do it?
AMS is going to do it all. Since they were already going to install the LDP, they aren't charging me any extra to install the exhaust. This all stemmed from me wanting to get the heat exchanger installed and my service advisor saying "Why don't you have AMS do it?" :ROFLMAO:

I went from only a heat exchanger to tune, heat exchanger, and expansion tank to tune, he, and LDP's to now tune, HE, LDP, and CBE.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I went from only a heat exchanger to tune, heat exchanger, and expansion tank to tune, he, and LDP's to now tune, HE, LDP, and CBE.
Yes, it's called "Mod Fever".

No vaccine available... but to quote @Bevo Horn - "Mods are fun".

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yes, it's called "Mod Fever".

No vaccine available... but to quote @Bevo Horn - "Mods are fun".
So true. Although, this is the most I've ever had done all at once. Back in NJ it was always buying mods piecemeal, then bringing a bottle of jack to my mechanic friend's house, install the part, and have a few drinks. Took longer in the end, but it was definitely cheaper.

·
Registered
242 Posts
You will already be there with the car up on the lift and the exhaust out, why not throw in the one-piece driveshaft while you are at it? :whistle:

·
Registered
248 Posts
You will already be there with the car up on the lift and the exhaust out, why not throw in the one-piece driveshaft while you are at it? :whistle:
Cause I'm already $3.5k over budget for what I was going to spend! lol

Man, you guys might be even worse than the audio forums...😂

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Registered
248 Posts
Car goes in tomorrow. I'm excited to pick it up on Tuesday!

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Registered
1,371 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Good luck and report back!
Haven't been this excited about leaving my car somewhere since the last time I had a killer audio system installed in one. 🤣

Reactions: Maximus400

·
Registered
16 Posts
Haven't been this excited about leaving my car somewhere since the last time I had a killer system installed in one. 🤣
How are these cars doing with all the mods and RWD? Just curious as I am looking for a Q60 myself.

·
Registered
248 Posts
How are these cars doing with all the mods and RWD? Just curious as I am looking for a Q60 myself.
The subframe bushing collars are supposed to help with traction, but we'll see if I need more sidewall/tire for better traction once it's all said and done.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
A better way of controlling axle wind-up and squirreliness <sp?> of the rear end under acceleration & braking is installing the Traction Arms, such as these from SPL Parts:

Rear Traction Arms Q50/Q60

Our SPL Parts TITANIUM Series Rear Traction Rods (RTR) eliminate the mushy rubber bushings on the stock links to reduce toe change in the rear suspension under hard acceleration/braking and when going over bumps. This provides more stability and predictability to the rear suspension for tighter handling. Our traction links are length adjustable to allow the rear suspension bumpsteer characteristics to be adjusted and tuned to your exact requirements.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The subframe bushing collars are supposed to help with traction, but we'll see if I need more sidewall/tire for better traction once it's all said and done.
Heck, I said forget RWD I want AWD. So I finally found a 2017 AWD Platinum Silver with low miles. Changing all the fluids for peace of mind and just ordered a lot of mods to get me going. Was at my local infiniti dealer and they had the last Alpha HE in stock for a good deal so ended up picking that up as well as other goodies. The addiction is real :)..haha

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Maximus400

·
Registered
248 Posts
With the subframe bushings and launch control I have experienced almost no wheel spin from a dig. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
101 - 117 of 117 Posts