Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I asked for an RMA because I am getting no response but magically Davcool has the fix. I have other friends in Facebook groups with the same issue with no fix yet as well.
You should reach out to Blackhawk77 on the Q50 forum. He has AWD and apparently his AWD Controller has been working well (just updated the thread with some new drag #'s):

AMS Syvecs Infiniti Q50 / Q60 AWD Controller review

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,800 Posts
I sent you a message to send me the files and it looks like you are ignoring me. I thought this forum was for members to help each other and share. I guess not.
Easy now. Not everyone checks their "PMs" regularly. Your dissatisfaction should be directed at the retailer that you paid, not forum members.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You should reach out to Blackhawk77 on the Q50 forum. He has AWD and apparently his AWD Controller has been working well (just updated the thread with some new drag #'s):

AMS Syvecs Infiniti Q50 / Q60 AWD Controller review
Received the AMS update which addressed an issue for some folks that the AWD was binding at low speeds. I updated my box per the instructions 2x to ensure the upgrade was done and I still have the same issue with auto-shift in manual mode NOT working on my RedSport car. Of course, my friend has a car with no paddle shifters from the factory that it works in. The only difference is he doesn't have a cable on pinout 34(beige wire) and I do.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
... and I still have the same issue with auto-shift in manual mode NOT working on my RedSport car.
Well that's disappointing...maybe I'll call AMS and tell them I won't buy it unless they fix the Auto-shift Red Sport issue, since I have a Q60S, too.

Reactions: Maximus400

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well that's disappointing...maybe I'll call AMS and tell them I won't buy it unless they fix the Auto-shift Red Sport issue, since I have a Q60S, too.
I was all excited about this auto-shift feature :(. It did fix the low-turning rear tire 4x4 screeching issue i had. Good idea my friend :).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Q60 RS here. I'm only able to down shift in manual mode. Seems theres a bug that the upshift is locked down to Syvecs controller even if not WOT.

I know someone that his car didn't came with OEM paddles and he is able to shifts (up/down) in manual mode.
How is the update doing for you? Is your auto-shift working correctly on your Redsport after your update? Mine is still not working.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Update

I purchased this Syvecs box on 9/30. Almost a month later and i still have the initial problem with no resolution as of yet. To top it off this thing is so fragile the usb port came off completely.

My friend Delvis said the first day he got his Syvecs box his came off so easy and i was trying to keep my usb cable plugged in for this reason. I unplugged it because Syvecs told me to and sure enough it came out attached with the cable.

Stay Tuned folks as I asked for a replacement and RMA this one.
View attachment 25117
Me too the cable is plugged in all the time to avoid damaging the connector on the module.

What's the reason why Syvecs told you to remove it?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Me too the cable is plugged in all the time to avoid damaging the connector on the module.

What's the reason why Syvecs told you to remove it?
They told me it would probably cause the box to go into bootloader mode at startup. I will look at it while driving to check that.

Thanks for your response and my apologies for coming strong. I am just frustrated as i bought this box on 9/30 and it still does not work as advertised :(.

·
Registered
240 Posts
They told me it would probably cause the box to go into bootloader mode and to unplug it. I told them that is not possible since the box is not getting 5v from a laptop as it is not plugged in. I went to unplug it cautiously and it still broke :(

DO NOT UNPLUG your cable. 2 other guys had the same issue of the connector coming off. This seems to be a manufacturing defect on Syvecs part.

Thanks for the response.
Yeah I don't see it going into bootloader mode until you plug the USB to your laptop. Unless, the cable is just not a pass thru connection.

It'll be a while before you get the replacement. Its on backorder...a lot of customers are still waiting for their order since the release date.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yeah I don't see it going into bootloader mode until you plug the USB to your laptop. Unless, the cable is just not a pass thru connection.

It'll be a while before you get the replacement. Its on backorder...a lot of customers are still waiting for their order since the release date.
I was able to fix it so now can get into it via usb with no issues.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

I just noticed you have ESR rims. Do yours poke out any? I bought 19x9.5 +22 and it looks like they stick out a little.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Here a photo.
That looks Awesome. I am thinking my next set of rims will be 10.5 maybe. How do you like the BC Coilover setup? I was looking into them and my friend said to get the swift spring upgrade but it is $400 more. I am wondering if it is worth it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
That looks Awesome. I am thinking my next set of rims will be 10.5 maybe. How do you like the BC Coilover setup? I was looking into them and my friend said to get the swift spring upgrade but it is $400 more. I am wondering if it is worth it.
Thanks!

I have the regular spring. It's been great for cruising (all the way soft), HPDE (all the way stiff) and drag (in between).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Ok was working directly with Syvecs and we fixed the issue on our Beloved RedSport. I am thankful for Syvecs as they responded to me non-stop since I reached out to them. They helped fix this issue within 30 minutes of working with me on my laptop while making 3 runs. They Are an AWESOME company to deal with and when I buy my GTR I will be buying the Syvecs AWD box for that car without hesitation. This is an Amazing product and worth the money since it works as advertised. I am not happy with AMS as I spent thousands on ALL AMS parts for this car and their customer service is Lacking :(.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts