Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I wish I bought the RA405 instead of the RA338.

RA338 will be the weakest link. These are my last performance mods...just hoping it'll get me sub 3.5s and 11s.

Q60 RS400 AWD, AMS Ecutek Tune, AMS FDP, AMS HE, AMS Auxiliary Tank, Invidia Gemini CBE, Stillen CAI, Add W1 V3.3 OCC and rolling with staggered 20s Verde V99 Axis wrap in Michelin AS/3 Plus

·
Registered
154 Posts
I wish I bought the RA405 instead of the RA338.

RA338 will be the weakest link. These are my last performance mods...just hoping it'll get me sub 3.5s and 11s.

Q60 RS400 AWD, AMS Ecutek Tune, AMS FDP, AMS HE, AMS Auxiliary Tank, Invidia Gemini CBE, Stillen CAI, Add W1 V3.3 OCC and rolling with staggered 20s Verde V99 Axis wrap in Michelin AS/3 Plus
My sales guy told me definitely to go with the 405 especially if you plan to upgrade turbos later (which I do).

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The car made good power on a very hot (high 90s) humid day 480 WHP / 520 T.

I'll do some pulls with dragy in the coming days.

Reactions: QFittyRS

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Is this with 93 or E mix? Great numbers.
Blue is 93 and Red is E.

Q60 RS400 AWD, AMS RA500, AMS Injectors, RA338 HPFP, AMS LPFP, AMS FF Kit, AMS Ecutek Tune, AMS Catted FDP, AMS HE, AMS Auxiliary Intercooler Tank, Invidia Gemini CBE, Stillen CAI with AEM filters, Add W1 V3.3 OCC and rolling with staggered 20s Verde V99 Axis wrap in Michelin AS/3 Plus

Reactions: QFittyRS

·
Registered
839 Posts
Blue is 93 and Red is E.
Pretty much comparable to my #'s on a DynoJet AWD dyno on 93 pump gas - 437 WHP / 502 WTQ on Seb's 1.3 bar map.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Pretty much comparable to my #'s on a DynoJet AWD dyno on 93 pump gas - 437 WHP / 502 WTQ on Seb's 1.3 bar map.
Yes. So does that mean there is no benefit running the AMS HPFP and LPFP on 93. Or the hot humid weather played a big factor on dyno? Aslo, I'm running bigger/heavier wheel setup than OEM.

Q60 RS400 AWD, AMS RA500, AMS Injectors, RA338 HPFP, AMS LPFP, AMS FF Kit, AMS Ecutek Tune, AMS Catted FDP, AMS HE, AMS Auxiliary Intercooler Tank, Invidia Gemini CBE, Stillen CAI with AEM filters, Add W1 V3.3 OCC and rolling with staggered 20s Verde V99 Axis wrap in Michelin AS/3 Plus

·
Registered
839 Posts
Yes. So does that mean there is no benefit running the AMS HPFP and LPFP on 93. Or the hot humid weather played a big factor on dyno? Also, I'm running bigger/heavier wheel setup than OEM.
Hot but more importantly humid weather will negatively impact the final WHP & WTQ #'s. According to Seb, the AMS LPFP is most important for running corn, not necessarily increasing WHP & WTQ #'s. On the AMS RA338 HPFP and stock injectors, the HPFP helps to increase the torque at lower rpms. I would think the AMS Injectors will increase WHP at the higher rpms.

Running in hot weather is a factor, but higher humidity really is a bigger impact to the air density going through the engine. I would bet if you re-run the dyno in December/January with air temps in the 60s and humidity around 50%, your #'s would probably be at least another 20-30 WHP & WTQ (best guess).

As for a heavier wheel & tire package, I dyno'd on stock Red Sport wheels and Dumflats - something like 62 lbs each. Yikes! Yeah, I've put money into everything else on my Q - BBK, suspension, etc., while I waited to "burn-down" the Dumflats. Well, they are at that point, so I'm now deciding if I should go Flow-Forged ($) or Forged ($$$). In the meantime, my stock Red Sport wheels will likely get some Michelin A/S 3+'s to get me through the PNW Fall & Winter months while I make a decision on LW summer wheel & tire set.

Reactions: DAV4COOL

·
Registered
219 Posts
So does that mean there is no benefit running the AMS HPFP and LPFP on 93.
The HPFP and LPFP still benefit 93 octane; while they do not increase the peak horsepower and torque, they help to reduce the dropoff of power at high RPMs due to insufficient fuel flow that can occur with the OEM fuel pumps.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I don't understand why all these dyno graphs are given in STD. The whole point of having the operator/tuner convert them to SAE is to compare apples to apples. Comparing numbers with different dynos is hard enough due to various config setup items for the respective dynos, but it can be WAY off when you start comparing dyno graphs in STD.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The car made good power on a very hot (high 90s) humid day 480 WHP / 520 T.

I'll do some pulls with dragy in the coming days.

These are my best time so far with 1/2 tank E70.

Z1 Subframe Collar, E85, more practice plus dragstrip should push it to the 10s.

You can check out the dragy video on my IG @Fairlady_Q.

Reactions: Malmby
21 - 32 of 32 Posts