Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like the AMS Performance website is now selling the performance tune for the Q60 for $1050.

https://www.amsperformance.com/prod...-q50-aftermarket-mods-alpha-performance.html/

See attached Dyno below:

I am assuming that since this is claimed to be a collaboration between Infiniti and AMS Performance, it has the tacit approval of Infiniti and it will not void the warranty?

Also on this website, other items are listed as future products that are in development including intercoolers, intakes, down pipes, etc but the tune is the only one that can be presently purchased.

Obviously $1050 is a bit pricey but if my assumption is correct that it won't void the warranty, it may just be worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
can anyone confirm that this won't void the warranty?
It doesn't have Infiniti's stamp of approval yet. From my understanding, until you see the parts appear in the Infiniti eStore, assume it could possibly void your warranty. I'm sure there are others on this forum who could provide a more authoritative answer. Just my 2 cents.

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts
Reactions: di_parts

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey anyone have more input this setup? Is it pre packaged tune? Or you have to buy the license and then they tune your car remotely? The reason I question not every car will be modded the same way? So they can be a lot of variations factor in for correct tune.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hey anyone have more input this setup? Is it pre packaged tune? Or you have to buy the license and then they tune your car remotely? The reason I question not every car will be modded the same way? So they can be a lot of variations factor in for correct tune.
Yeah I was curious about that too. With down pipes, without down pipes, cold air intake, without cold air intake, and everything in between. I was going to email them with the questions. I assume it is a remote tune but not all tunes are specific to all vehicles for the reasons I mentioned so I was curious how that all worked, per customer.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm curious about this as well. I've had one other e-tune and by logging runs they were able to customize it to some extent. I"m in Toronto Canada and am contemplating a tune (if for no other reason than the get throttle override...but i mean also because of the power, though i have jb4 right now which is good for power).

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
You know that video was from last year, right? If the dealer will install it, there's your out.
That is still not an "out". If Infiniti sells it AND the dealers will install it AND there are no warranty disclaimers, then you have leverage.

Ford sells calibrations with performance parts for some of its cars. Really no reason Infiniti/Nissan can't. It just depends on how much their car about their performance loving fan base.

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts
That is still not an "out". If Infiniti sells it AND the dealers will install it AND there are no warranty disclaimers, then you have leverage.

Ford sells calibrations with performance parts for some of its cars. Really no reason Infiniti/Nissan can't. It just depends on how much their car about their performance loving fan base.
You realize that AMS Performance and Infinity have a relationship. Infinity now sells their heat exchangers. Pretty sure an Infinity dealership is not going to install anything that will void the warranty. Unless they have you sign a waiver that you're voiding your warranty by having them modify your car (and I don't see a dealership creating such a document), they're still liable. You don't have to take my word for it, ask @di_parts, he works at a dealership.

Now, for NISMO Racing and Off-Road parts there's this disclaimer:

New Vehicle Limited Warranty excludes damages resulting from racing or competition.NISMO Racing and Off-Road parts are sold "AS IS" without warranties, express or implied (including all warranties of merchantability or fitness for a paricular purpose), unless expressly prohibited from doing so by applicable law, in which case the warranty provided is the minimum required by law. Damage or failures caused by use of this part are also excluded from warranty coverage. See warranty booklet for details.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You realize that AMS Performance and Infinity have a relationship. Infinity now sells their heat exchangers. Pretty sure an Infinity dealership is not going to install anything that will void the warranty. Unless they have you sign a waiver that you're voiding your warranty by having them modify your car (and I don't see a dealership creating such a document), they're still liable. You don't have to take my word for it, ask @di_parts, he works at a dealership.

You're whole post reads of: "Not adding value just talking".

You realize that AMS Performance and Infinity have a relationship.
Yeah but that has nothing to do with anything I said. Unless the part is sold BY INIFINITI, ya know.. like the HE, that does not mean Infiniti supports it.

Infinity now sells their heat exchangers.
No crap, but also not really related to the topic of the tune.

Pretty sure an Infinity dealership is not going to install anything that will void the warranty.
Depends on the dealership. I know some dealerships that will install anything but make no warranty promises. Some VW/Audio dealers will install APR parts. They still don't guarantee the part doesn't break warranty.

Unless they have you sign a waiver that you're voiding your warranty by having them modify your car (and I don't see a dealership creating such a document), they're still liable.
Only if the install caused the issue. But thats still not the manufacturers problem then it's you vs the dealership for their poor installation quality.

You don't have to take my word for it, ask @di_parts, he works at a dealership.
And people at other dealerships will tell you different things. I had a Ford Dealer put on my BBk X-Pipe and catback while they were doing other work(rear gears and rear cover) on the car. Did I assume it voided my exhaust warranty? Yup. Did I sign anything to that effect? Nope.

Which is just like the one Ford Performance includes. They will ONLY warranty the Ford Performance part if it was documented as installed by a Ford dealer. They do not warranty anything done while at a track or if installed anyplace else.

I'm not sure what you were trying to explain, but you've not really told me anything. If anything parts of your post just repeated what I had said.

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts
You're whole post reads of: "Not adding value just talking".

You realize that AMS Performance and Infinity have a relationship.
Yeah but that has nothing to do with anything I said. Unless the part is sold BY INIFINITI, ya know.. like the HE, that does not mean Infiniti supports it.

Infinity now sells their heat exchangers.
No crap, but also not really related to the topic of the tune.

Pretty sure an Infinity dealership is not going to install anything that will void the warranty.
Depends on the dealership. I know some dealerships that will install anything but make no warranty promises. Some VW/Audio dealers will install APR parts. They still don't guarantee the part doesn't break warranty.

Unless they have you sign a waiver that you're voiding your warranty by having them modify your car (and I don't see a dealership creating such a document), they're still liable.
Only if the install caused the issue. But thats still not the manufacturers problem then it's you vs the dealership for their poor installation quality.

You don't have to take my word for it, ask @di_parts, he works at a dealership.
And people at other dealerships will tell you different things. I had a Ford Dealer put on my BBk X-Pipe and catback while they were doing other work(rear gears and rear cover) on the car. Did I assume it voided my exhaust warranty? Yup. Did I sign anything to that effect? Nope.

Which is just like the one Ford Performance includes. They will ONLY warranty the Ford Performance part if it was documented as installed by a Ford dealer. They do not warranty anything done while at a track or if installed anyplace else.

I'm not sure what you were trying to explain, but you've not really told me anything. If anything parts of your post just repeated what I had said.
I want to hear more about your experience with Ford because it's so relevant to Infinity :D

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts
At least learn to spell Infiniti.

Also your whole post said nothing counter to mine, so I'm still not sure why you quoted it.
I quoted it because I was responding only to you. If you don't understand how a dealership that accepts money to perform a service on a vehicle has the duty to inform the owner that the work performed will void the warranty and in neglecting to do so has no liability, I don't know what to tell you.

I need to teach auto correct how to spell Infiniti :laugh:

Reactions: di_parts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts

I like to cross my T's and dot my I's.

The details of all this I think are still being hammered out because the partnership is still in development and has not rolled out to all dealerships yet.

Warranty is a huge issue with dealerships because the dealer is the one stuck holding the proverbial bag if they cover something under warranty but corporate denies the claim.

If something is installed and there's a "catch," it will have to be in writing, somehow disclosed. The ultimate concern is with those who want to beat the snot out of there cars without consequence, no manufacturer will warranty this. The verbiage with how warranties work does not vary from a corporate aspect: if approved part is used and said approved part fails or causes something else to fail within the time frame of mileage of a warranty (whichever causing the expiration first), then it should be covered. But, if you want to tune and track your car, not happening.

My dealership, in the extreme rare cases of installing an aftermarket part, will expressly state part and labor is not covered under a warranty by us. Even if the part has a warranty from wherever it is sourced, the labor will be covered.

When the partnership comes to better fruition, it's implied it'll be the same as with any OEM or genuine accessory part approved for use on Infiniti vehicles and installed by an Infiniti trained technician: a limited warranty will exist. The limited warranty with any genuine part is pretty much the same and that is against manufacturer defect.

Make sense?

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
The verbiage with how warranties work does not vary from a corporate aspect: if approved part is used and said approved part fails or causes something else to fail within the time frame of mileage of a warranty (whichever causing the expiration first), then it should be covered.
To further elaborate on this point and the reason why people get varying information from dealerships.

1) The most obvious is lack of education or unwillingness to deal with a situation. As with any industry, there are those who will speak from a position of authority and make statement to shut down some so they may not have to deal with something or they simply were misinformed by someone else they work with.

2) Dealerships are accountable to not only clients, but, to corporate. Penalties do exist and are often excessively heavy. Should a dealership, for whatever reason, been hit hard in the past, they'll be more likely to walk on eggshells and avoid any potential issues at all costs, up to even some things that would seems trivial, like installing an exhaust kit.

While there extensive training exists for dealership personnel, just like going to school, not everyone absorbs it and not everyone adheres to it. Then, ultimately, there's management. Bad management typically leads to bad customer experience and vice versa.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts