Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts
A lot of businesses are afraid of liability so they just refuse to provide certain services. Many motorcycle shops won't patch tires even though the owner's manual states that tires can be repaired. They'd just rather sell you a new tire. They also won't install any part that wasn't purchased or ordered through them.

·
Registered
199 Posts
When the partnership comes to better fruition, it's implied it'll be the same as with any OEM or genuine accessory part approved for use on Infiniti vehicles and installed by an Infiniti trained technician: a limited warranty will exist. The limited warranty with any genuine part is pretty much the same and that is against manufacturer defect.

I don't suppose you might have some rough estimate when that fruit may come to bear?

I've had the car for one year now and I'm josening for a tune. I don't track it and I don't beat it up or even drive it everyday but I sure would like to give it a little more now.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
It looks like the AMS Performance website is now selling the performance tune for the Q60 for $1050.

https://www.amsperformance.com/prod...-q50-aftermarket-mods-alpha-performance.html/

See attached Dyno below:

I am assuming that since this is claimed to be a collaboration between Infiniti and AMS Performance, it has the tacit approval of Infiniti and it will not void the warranty?

Also on this website, other items are listed as future products that are in development including intercoolers, intakes, down pipes, etc but the tune is the only one that can be presently purchased.

Obviously $1050 is a bit pricey but if my assumption is correct that it won't void the warranty, it may just be worth it.
While a bit pricey, there is some peace of mind that comes with using AMS: it is well noted the partnership being built between them and Infiniti. With such a partnership, anyone with a slightly know how on how this stuff work can likely assume AMS has the upper hand over other tuners as they will have better access to proprietary information rather than having to reverse engineer it. Better starting ground.

Plus, like Z1 Motorsports, AMS has a solidly built reputation. They're not new to the game.

I was looking at this dyno sheet (late in this thread) and really like what the did with the torque. Even though less in max than the original tune, they're hitting peak torque quickly and staying their for quite a while rather than having to build up to it, touch it, and drop it.

A lot of businesses are afraid of liability so they just refuse to provide certain services. Many motorcycle shops won't patch tires even though the owner's manual states that tires can be repaired. They'd just rather sell you a new tire. They also won't install any part that wasn't purchased or ordered through them.
Perfect analogy. Very true.

I don't suppose you might have some rough estimate when that fruit may come to bear?

I've had the car for one year now and I'm josening for a tune. I don't track it and I don't beat it up or even drive it everyday but I sure would like to give it a little more now.
Unfortunately, no. I wouldn't know who to ask, honestly. Nismo is only on the front of parts, not really working with dealerships. My assumption is this will take awhile considering all that goes into it. Infiniti has to be willing to set parameters on what they'll except. Then, there's other logistics: will there be an onsite tuner, outsourced to local shops, a dyno, would there be factory-led training courses on how to tune, etc.

My belief is once it's hammered out, it'll lay the groundwork for a long future partnership where AMS may become synonymous with Infiniti, like Shelby is with Mustang.

·
Registered
359 Posts
i have a feeling im going to regret asking this lol :nerd:

How does the tune affect the drive mode selector or vice versa?
The drive mode selector just changes steering, suspension, traction control, and throttle response. It doesn't have any real control over boost, valve timing, etc.. So there should be no difference really with the drive mode selector (i.e. you'll still have to mash the pedal harder to get to full throttle in Standard than you will in Red Sport).

·
Registered
194 Posts
Based on that post tune dyno graph our engine would love some slightly larger turbos. It's falls on its face up high. Impressive improvement.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is anyone actually running this? I'm debating this, AMS HE, Infiniti Performance axle-back and calling it a day on the car.

I'd like to see some 3rd party reviews/dynos.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Is anyone actually running this? I'm debating this, AMS HE, Infiniti Performance axle-back and calling it a day on the car.

I'm getting it I'm working out details with them now. I have to get my hardware installed first, like the down pipes that have been sitting on my bench for, oh, about 8 months now. I'll offer a review when completed but don't wait on me.

Anyone want a Stillen intake? Sell it to you real cheap.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Infiniti Q50 Forum - View Single Post - 3.0TT Related - AMS Performance & Infiniti USA team up to create "RED ALPHA"

I was debating it too until I had the opportunity to experience the brutal acceleration of the above car in person. It is sick and no wonder AMS is selling a driveshaft upgrade. I have the heat exchanger on the shelf waiting til it warms up a bit to install. I'm about to pull the trigger on some lower downpipes and a catback exhaust before I let AMS tune it. I will also have to look at some brake upgrades because the stock brakes on the Premium are inadequate.

·
Registered
32 Posts
New member here.
I chatted with InifintiUSA Consumer Affairs last night about this very topic. Their response was if the mod broke it, it's not under warranty. Seems reasonable. I asked if the burden would be on Infiniti to prove the mod broke it. The answer was "Yes". Seems reasonable.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've taken the plunge on this Alpha Q60 Tune for my wife's new Luxe. Work is underway on the heat exchanger and calibration should begin tomorrow. I'll post on her experience once we get it back here to Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I hope I don't have to worry about the warranty and the AMS tune. My purchase was a little unusual. I live in Pittsburgh but purchased my wife's Q60 Luxe in Barrington, IL about 19 miles from AMS. The dealership had that 800hp Red Alpha beast on display not too long ago. This will be my wife's daily car. She won't be racing or abusing it, just the occasional getting away from the persistent tailgaters.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Day 1 impressions:

My wife's 2018 Q60 3.0T Luxe AWD arrived today from Chicago. The car went directly from the dealership in Barrington to AMS for the upgraded heat exchanger and ECU calibration. I had it trailered home from the dealership after the tune. My concerns about the drivability of the car after the tune have been laid to rest. It is very well behaved on back roads and through housing plans. It starts immediately and idles very smoothly. I think the only time the RPM's went above 2,000 today were for a brief minute when merging onto the interstate. Between 2 - 3,000RPM's the pull was very impressive. At this point I would highly recommend it to others considering an upgrade to their 300hp 3.0T.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Day 1 impressions:

My wife's 2018 Q60 3.0T Luxe AWD arrived today from Chicago. The car went directly from the dealership in Barrington to AMS for the upgraded heat exchanger and ECU calibration. I had it trailered home from the dealership after the tune. My concerns about the drivability of the car after the tune have been laid to rest. It is very well behaved on back roads and through housing plans. It starts immediately and idles very smoothly. I think the only time the RPM's went above 2,000 today were for a brief minute when merging onto the interstate. Between 2 - 3,000RPM's the pull was very impressive. At this point I would highly recommend it to others considering an upgrade to their 300hp 3.0T.
You tuned it before the engine was even broken in? You're braver than I...

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts
Reactions: Coahman

·
Registered
32 Posts
You tuned it before the engine was even broken in? You're braver than I...
Yep, like Bevo Horn says..........wife's car :laugh: I actually didn't even test drive the car at the dealership :eek:

I did check with AMS about only having 6 miles on the car. They didn't have any concerns. Afterwards, I learned that it's not that uncommon. For me, it saved me trips back and forth from Pittsburgh to West Chicago.

The good folks at Motor Werks Infiniti worked closely with Chris at AMS to coordinate the logistics of getting the car from and back to the dealership.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Day 1 impressions:

Day 7 impressions:
Wife drives it daily and loves it. No issues so far but there's less than 300 miles on it. I've driven it a total of 3 times and have to say the AMS tune was worth every penny. The torque is really impressive - night & day difference between it and the 3.0T Luxe AWD I rented from Hertz. My installation was the basic ECU calibration. No EcuTek cable or bluetooth. No additional maps.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts