41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,208 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
is q60 Red Sports worth $4k for dyno and ams upgrades?

I know the sport version and non sport version gain a lot from dyno tuning. I have no clue about the red sports. I am thinking of dyno tuning it and replace it with ams intakes, heat exchangers and downpipe all for 4k with install and tuning. Is it worth it, i've read that the gain is not that much. I got the 18 q60 rs(full option) for a really good price last september, I already spent a lot on the car just cosmetics though, chrome delete, carbon fiber stuff and helmholtz. now summer is near I'm thinking twice about the tuning. is it worth? any rs owners?thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,807 Posts
I know the sport version and non sport version gain a lot from dyno tuning. I have no clue about the red sports. I am thinking of dyno tuning it and replace it with ams intakes, heat exchangers and downpipe all for 4k with install and tuning. Is it worth it, i've read that the gain is not that much. I got the 18 q60 rs(full option) for a really good price last september...
Skip the AMS Intakes until you get tuned. Invest in LDPs, CBE, and a BT JB4. After that, you can get the HE, which allows repeated higher boost w/o heat soak concerns.

I rode around with the above setup for over a year, before I upgraded to an Ecutek tune, Full (Catted) DPs, and AMS Intakes. BTW, the intakes get ya 10-15 hp (when tuned) over the stock intakes, which are very good as-designed.

You should also work on the unsprung weight, i.e., brakes, wheels, and tires. The Z1 2-piece rotors save 10 lbs/front corner and 5 lbs/rear corner over stock. In addition, I've seen #'s like 60+ lbs/corner for the Red Sport wheels & Dumflats combination. Aftermarket wheels can be had for $600 each that weigh-in @ 21-23 lbs for a 19" wheel, and 24-28 lbs for a 19" tire (regular & RF), which will save another 10 lbs/corner. Better handing, steering, acceleration, and braking will be the result.

Note: I dyno'd my setup (see signature) last Fall on an AWD DynoJet dyno - 437 WHP & 502 WTQ.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Skip the AMS Intakes until you get tuned. Invest in LDPs, CBE, and a BT JB4. After that, you can get the HE, which allows repeated higher boost w/o heat soak concerns.

I rode around with the above setup for over a year, before I upgraded to an Ecutek tune, Full (Catted) DPs, and AMS Intakes. BTW, the intakes get ya 10-15 hp (when tuned) over the stock intakes, which are very good as-designed.

You should also work on the unsprung weight, i.e., brakes, wheels, and tires. The Z1 2-piece rotors save 10 lbs/front corner and 5 lbs/rear corner over stock. In addition, I've seen #'s like 60+ lbs/corner for the Red Sport wheels & Dumflats combination. Aftermarket wheels can be had for $600 each that weigh-in @ 21-23 lbs for a 19" wheel, and 24-28 lbs for a 19" tire (regular & RF), which will save another 10 lbs/corner. Better handing, steering, acceleration, and braking will be the result.

Note: I dyno'd my setup (see signature) last Fall on an AWD DynoJet dyno - 437 WHP & 502 WTQ.
thank you so much. i'll take your advice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Quick update on my wife's (now my) 2018 Q60 AWD Luxe with AMS Tune. It's been a little over 3 years and 30,000 miles and the car still runs like a beast. No issues with having it tuned with just 6 miles on it.
4 years and 40,000 miles on my 2018 Q60 AWD Luxe with AMS Tune. Still running great. No issues with having it tuned at AMS with just 6 miles on it. I did have to replace brakes and tires so far.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts