Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Infiniti Q60 3.0t Premium
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a situation where I’m not sure if it’s as simple as it seems.
I own a 2017 Q60 premium with around 36K miles, I was thinking about getting these parts and tune done early next year:

Stage 3 AMS package-
•LDPs
•HE
•ECUTek connect tuned by Racebox
•Intakes
•FI resonated exhaust

Now I’m thinking of adding Stage 2 turbos to the list.

my questions are these:
I’ve heard a lot of people saying the year model has the turbos with bad seals that cause oil leaks.

1) Will upgrading the turbos fix this issue in any way? (If not is there a fix or better seals)

2) Once I purchase the turbos, is there anything else required other than what was mentioned for them to be installed and work?

3) AMS Performance only states how much power would be produced by upgrading those Stage 2 Turbos (574whp) but doesn’t state if that includes any other upgrades, anyone have an idea how much whp would be produced from installed the list of parts from above (including the stage 2 turbos)?

thanks for any feedback as usual!

·
Registered
512 Posts
If you're talking about the Pure Stage 2 turbos, those run best on E85, so you would also need the fueling upgrades necessary for that: LPFP, HPFP, flex fuel kit, and flex fuel sensor. Possibly injectors as well.

I would assume that the numbers they quote would include all other upgrades from lower level packages as well.

Reactions: UNLEASHED

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,964 Posts
The upside of Pure Turbos is Stage II is good power increases. The downside is turbo lag off idle, and boost bump happens around 4-4.5k rpm, not great for a daily driver. I still have stock turbos, but the 500 WTQ is available from 2-5k rpm. Makes for a great dig response, and not terrible from a roll, either ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The upside of Pure Turbos is Stage II is good power increases. The downside is turbo lag off idle, and boost bump happens around 4-4.5k rpm, not great for a daily driver. I still have stock turbos, but the 500 WTQ is available from 2-5k rpm. Makes for a great dig response, and not terrible from a roll, either ;)
Since your Q60 is a 2017 but a red sport while mine is premium, do the seals on those turbos differ? And if not have u had any issues or found a fix?

that’s my main concern atm

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you're talking about the Pure Stage 2 turbos, those run best on E85, so you would also need the fueling upgrades necessary for that: LPFP, HPFP, flex fuel kit, and flex fuel sensor. Possibly injectors as well.

I would assume that the numbers they quote would include all other upgrades from lower level packages as well.
You may be right, don’t know if I wanna go that route and put that much into it.
Might just stick to other parts and call it a day for now we’ll see.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,964 Posts
Since your Q60 is a 2017 but a red sport while mine is premium, do the seals on those turbos differ? And if not have u had any issues or found a fix?
AFAIK, the seals are the same for the 300-hp & 400-hp. The difference is the 400-hp spec'd turbos have the speed sensor for measuring impeller speed, which gets fed back to the ECM to actuate the wastegate when approaching over-boost conditions.

My theory on turbo seal failures is with the 300-hp (non-speed sensor) turbos, with or without a tune (think JB4), it's possible to create too much boost which leads to not designed-for higher impeller speeds, resulting in bearing and/or seal failure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you go with Pures go with the AMS R338 HPFP, LPFP, and Injectors to save yourself future headaches with popped stock injectors. I’d do it if I were you if E is readily available for you in your area.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Another thing to consider is that lots of companies have turbo upgrades in the works right now with the new Z out, so waiting a bit may give you more and better options.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That’s true I completely forgot, thanks for the reminder!
The Z1 Turbos won't be out for another 7 months. ( I asked at while I was at Z1)

They perform much better on 93 than the pure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts