Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I know that there are some people in the forum that use the Android Auto / Car Play module from smartautokits . Unfortunately they do not seem to deliver to europe.

So I saw that there are a lot of similar modules from chinese producers an I am wondering if anyone has experience with these.

They seem to be cheap and have more features. I saw this one, which even has Android Auto Wireless:
US $359.25 25% OFF|Screen Mirroring Interface Mobile Phone IOS Android Auto iPhone CarPlay for Infiniti Q50 Q60 QX50 Q50L|TV Receiver for Car| - AliExpress

What do you think? Has anyone experience with this one or any similar?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

·
Registered
1976 Q60 2.0T Sport RHD
30 Posts
I want this in my Q60 ....

Now I've seen a number of vendors selling this kit with a motherboard replacement. Up until this one, all in the US and not shipping to the UK.

Are they all the same thing with a single manufacturer being sold by a different retailer ? Or are they all different electronic vendors with their own individual take on a solution ?

I do have a work around for the shipping as I have a friend who lives in LA.

How might I identify a working solution and can anybody identify issues with me sourcing one in this manner ? I'm thinking of anything from customs, to US/UK compatibility such as networks and NTSC/PAL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
now this ! ...... This is virtually bionic !!!! WOW!
Yes, I also saw these. And it's the same thing, you can get them from US vendors (https://phoenixautomotiveinc.com) and you can get them from Aliexpress. But I rather like those I showed because they do not change the original aspect of the interior.
Unfortunately there do not seem to be any European vendors for these modules (except for one from Poland who does not deliver other countries).

·
Registered
1976 Q60 2.0T Sport RHD
30 Posts
That's the one I've been considering.

Look forward to hearing your experience.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have a 2019 Luxe. I bought the joyauto android auto and it works great. I had to remove the top screen and insert a video card. But I had it installed in an hour. Once programmed to my phone I was connected wordlessly. It uses the USB port and the iPod radio setting. The only thing i don't like is the phone calling. The microphone transmits a lot of feedback to the caller. I may need to relocate it.

·
Registered
1976 Q60 2.0T Sport RHD
30 Posts
Thanks for the info, it's great to have confirmation that one of these Chinese units actually does what it says in the product description.

The same vendor lists the same product on AliExpress and for us in the UK at least, it appears to be a much cheaper sourcing route than direct from their own website. No idea why that should be the case.

Does it work seamlessly with all the car controls etc. ?

Re. the mic, where have you located it ? A couple of install videos I have see position it inside the heating grilles.

Definitely on my list now of must haves now. The car head unit is awful for a car of this spec., especially now they have discontinued all the connected services in Europe after they pulled out of the market last year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All my controls work perfect. The actual unit either uses the touch screen or the console know control. I placed my microphone just above the top of the left vent. I plan on moving the microphone above my head in the headliner to get better voice reception. I will post some more pics later tonight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for sharing your experience. Looks great.
Mine should have been arrived on friday but unfortunately ir is now "Shipment exception. Delay beyond our control ". When it arrives I will also report back...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for sharing your experience. Looks great.
Mine should have been arrived on friday but unfortunately ir is now "Shipment exception. Delay beyond our control ". When it arrives I will also report back...
Received myine this weekend and installed it yesterday. So far I'm happy with it.

Positive:
  • Touchscreen is worked and the center knob also.
  • I'm using Android Auto and it works wired and wireless (had to activate wireless in Android Auto settings).
  • You can also mirror your phone screen with an app which is in the play store. Thetouch screen is also supported to you can ever play games (with a minor delay) and show every app in the upper screen.
  • In addition you can connect an usb stick and play videos from it (not tested yet by me).

Negative:
  • Unfortunately the next/previous track boutons on the steering wheel are not working.
  • The sound quality is not good. When you play music then the quality is good but if for example you use Waze the instructions are in poor quality. It seems to me that music is played using standard bluetooth but sound coming from the unit itself uses the headphone input.

I haven't tested doing a phone call but I read that this is done over bluetooth also and the mic (which I attached to a cable in the heating grill) is only for Google assistant / Siri... But as I mentioned - not tested yet.

·
Registered
1976 Q60 2.0T Sport RHD
30 Posts
So an update on this subject with my experience.

I bought the JoyeAuto unit through AliExpress.

The install is actually very straightforward, removal of panels etc.

However ...... and it's a big HOWEVER ...... I just can't get it to work in anyway whatsoever.....worse still is disables the touchscreen facility on the top screen.

Removed and re-installed ..... No change. I suspect the issue is with the additional PCB.

Raised a dispute with AliExpress and the vendor is not being particularly helpful. Just keeps stalling and insisting it is a problem with the install.

I have sent them a number videos and asked them to point out my error, but they seem unable to do so.

Bit miffed to be honest. See how the refund process works.

·
Registered
1976 Q60 2.0T Sport RHD
30 Posts
So an update on this subject with my experience.

I bought the JoyeAuto unit through AliExpress.

The install is actually very straightforward, removal of panels etc.

However ...... and it's a big HOWEVER ...... I just can't get it to work in anyway whatsoever.....worse still is disables the touchscreen facility on the top screen.

Removed and re-installed ..... No change. I suspect the issue is with the additional PCB.

Raised a dispute with AliExpress and the vendor is not being particularly helpful. Just keeps stalling and insisting it is a problem with the install.

I have sent them a number videos and asked them to point out my error, but they seem unable to do so.

Bit miffed to be honest. See how the refund process works.

Further update .....

It was one of the ribbons on the additional pcb.

Original system is now working perfectly fine and Android Auto is working, though not wirelessly and with no audio, which I suspect to be an issue with the settings rather than the hardware.

More googling and experimentation required.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts