Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been in the process of trying to upgrade every exhaust part on my car to a 3" in order to help with performance and sound. Unfortuanely, dince I bought my sport exhaust first before doing more research, its been difficult trying to piece together the rest of the exhaust to 3" without buying an entire aftermarket exhaust catback.

So far I got 3" lower DP and the 3" no muffler sports axle back exhaust.

I see that Tanabe is offering a Y-pipe that is around 70mm, which only leaves the mid pipe bottlenecked!

I haven't seen anything out there for it, And since I love the way my sports exhaust sounds and spent $600 on it, it's pointless to go buy a full exhaust now.

Has anyone seen a bolt an aftermarket midpipe? or should I just ask around local welders to make one lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Aww man, I'm now in the same place you were in. AMS lower DP, Infiniti Sport Exhaust. What did you end up doing?

Hey guys, I've been in the process of trying to upgrade every exhaust part on my car to a 3" in order to help with performance and sound. Unfortuanely, dince I bought my sport exhaust first before doing more research, its been difficult trying to piece together the rest of the exhaust to 3" without buying an entire aftermarket exhaust catback.

I see that Tanabe is offering a Y-pipe that is around 70mm, which only leaves the mid pipe bottlenecked!

I haven't seen anything out there for it, And since I love the way my sports exhaust sounds and spent $600 on it, it's pointless to go buy a full exhaust now.

Has anyone seen a bolt an aftermarket midpipe? or should I just ask around local welders to make one lol

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
31 Posts
Aww man, I'm now in the same place you were in. AMS lower DP, Infiniti Sport Exhaust. What did you end up doing?

Here is the video clip I did for my exhaust after I found the Tanabe Mid-pipe on the market.

You can also get a Megan Y-pipe which connects to the Dp's

https://conceptzperformance.com/tan...t-premium-red-sport-rs400-t50200m_p_30105.php
Curious do you have AWD? Was going to purchase this mid pipe but application says RWD only.

·
Registered
95 Posts

were you able to upgrade your pipes to 3"? I see tanabe are offering mid and y pipe, im not sure if they are 3", what's gonna suck though is I have the helmholtz exhaust.I wonder if the adapter from ams lower downpipe will work it if the midpipe is 3"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts