Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that there is a YouTube video illustrating the double secret, hidden ASC/ANC settings on the Q60, are there any other hidden settings that are not readily available on the general "settings" menu. I ordered a service manual. Hopefully some information may be in there, although I have found the service manuals quite perplexing through which to navigate.

·
Registered
54 Posts
...double secret, hidden ASC/ANC settings on the Q60...
Silly question - is this the same area in which to modify/stop the cabin exhaust sound that is piped in through the speakers?

I was so disappointed about that and immediately turned that off. Don't get me wrong, I love my Infiniti cars, but they lost a lot of points with me through the decision of piping the exhaust note through the stereo.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the Active Sound Control (ASC) which enhances the exhaust sound is in that "secret settings" area.

But, don't be too disappointed about the included enhanced exhaust note option. A co-worker with a Porsche 911 told me that he can order a new Porsche with the "Interior Exhaust Note Augmentation" option for only $4000. I assume that means without the carbon monoxide. He chose not to get that added feature and instead chose the "I'll Just Keep My Window Open" option.

·
Registered
54 Posts
He chose not to get that added feature and instead chose the "I'll Just Keep My Window Open" option.
A wise choice. lol I had mine for less than a week when I disabled it. I'm just waiting for some of the manufacturers to release their exhaust mods for the '17 model. The car is much too quiet for my taste. Then again, I do love the work of Meisterschaft.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Silly question - is this the same area in which to modify/stop the cabin exhaust sound that is piped in through the speakers?

I was so disappointed about that and immediately turned that off. Don't get me wrong, I love my Infiniti cars, but they lost a lot of points with me through the decision of piping the exhaust note through the stereo.
BMW and others do the same thing

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Fair - but it doesn't mean I have to like it. :) I'm glad I was able to turn it off. It was too video-gamey for me.
You can get your natural sound here:

Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit B0100Q60ST

>:)

Reactions: Q60

·
Registered
54 Posts
Now that is the sound that you definitely want to have! Why fake the funk?!
Precisely!!

Bevo Horn: I definitely see pipes in my future. I really am trying to customize this one and keep it longer than a couple of years. And this time, I mean it. lol!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts