Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Infiniti Q60 3.0t, got Z1 tuning package installed already, but looking for a custom tune, anyone knows a good tuner around San Diego or LA area?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'd recommend remote tuning for you, the top tuners for our platform are AMS, Racebox, and Sonictuned, and they all offer remote tuning.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,964 Posts
Seb @ SpecialtyZ is an Ecutek and UpRev tuner in the LA area, and he has a relatively new shop for Infiniti & Nissan work. He road-tuned my Q60 in 2018.

Specialty Z

Reactions: Bevo

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,429 Posts
How the remote tuning works?
Here's one explanation:
Remote tuning or e-tuning is the process of custom tuning your vehicle by sending data and ECU files back and forth via email. This allows us to tune your vehicle from just about anywhere in the world, and provides you the flexibility of remaining in your home city.

Typically, tuning would be completed in one long in-person session. But with remote tuning, we stretch that process out to several shorter 20-30 minute sessions. Because the files are being emailed, you can complete your tuning/data logging sessions at any time that is most convenient for you.

How does Remote Tuning work?

Once you’ve received your OBD-2 adapter, and the software registration has been completed, you will then be able to download the OEM Calibration off the ECU. With that OEM file we will generate your Basemap, custom suited to your mods and octane, as specified during registration. You can then upload the Basemap file, and drive for a cumulative time and distance before recording a datalog of your driving. For our Full Tune customers, with that datalog we generate a file revision, and then repeat the drive/datalog/revision cycle until the full custom tune is complete!

For our VersaTuner OTS options, once registration is complete you will have access to a database of Off The Shelf files for you to download and flash onto your ECU.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,964 Posts
Way too far from me😫
LOL, I drove to SoCal from WA state in my Q with the wife riding shotgun to get FI Catted DPs installed at their shop, and then I went 30 minutes down the road to Seb to get my Q road-tuned. We made a vacation out of it back in the Fall of 2018.

Road tuning is the best way to tune a car - it replicates real loads on the drivetrain that you can't get on the dyno.

Anyways, good luck!

·
Registered
512 Posts
How the remote tuning works?
The tuner will send you a basemap, have you do some logs and a pull. You send them the log, they look it over and send a revision. You repeat the process several times until you're finished.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts