Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to place a 'real' order for a RS400 here in the States? By real I mean that your dealer was able to officially place the order in the Infiniti system and receive a build sheet and possibly a build date, etc. My dealer tells me that the Infiniti system does not allow orders to be entered just yet. Further he tells me that there might be a possibility of being able to enter an order sometime this week. In the mean time I've placed a deposit. Does anyone know when orders can be inputted into their computer? Has anyone had a real order placed? What part of the country is able to enter orders? I suppose this might be done on a regional basis.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Morpheus has put down a deposit for their red sport. Maybe you can PM them and see if their order is in the system?
Good suggestion but I did PM him about 10 days ago. No response. But I do have further input. Just yesterday I received an email from my salesperson telling me that the order system 'might' be open at 8 PM Pacific time yesterday. I'm on Eastern time so today would be the earliest time to enter my order. I have not heard back from the salesperson today but I will stop by the dealer at 2 PM Eastern. At the moment I can't confirm whether or not the order system is indeed open. But after my visit with the dealer this afternoon I'll update this thread. Fingers crossed.!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good suggestion but I did PM him about 10 days ago. No response. But I do have further input. Just yesterday I received an email from my salesperson telling me that the order system 'might' be open at 8 PM Pacific time yesterday. I'm on Eastern time so today would be the earliest time to enter my order. I have not heard back from the salesperson today but I will stop by the dealer at 2 PM Eastern. At the moment I can't confirm whether or not the order system is indeed open. But after my visit with the dealer this afternoon I'll update this thread. Fingers crossed.!!!
I'm back from my local dealership here in NE Ohio. I am planning to order a RS400 RWD, The General Manager told me that the RS400 models are not yet orderable. His best guess is that it might be as long as their next cycle, October 20th, before they are orderable. Perhaps sooner. Further it is his understanding that the RS400 models might not be delivered until 1Q 2017. To be sure this info is a bit disheartening.

Please understand that this info may not be universal across other dealerships. I can only repeat what I was told at my local dealership. YMMV.!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm back from my local dealership here in NE Ohio. I am planning to order a RS400 RWD, The General Manager told me that the RS400 models are not yet orderable. His best guess is that it might be as long as their next cycle, October 20th, before they are orderable. Perhaps sooner. Further it is his understanding that the RS400 models might not be delivered until 1Q 2017. To be sure this info is a bit disheartening.

Please understand that this info may not be universal across other dealerships. I can only repeat what I was told at my local dealership. YMMV.!!

Do you mean custom ordered ? I ordered mine 2 weeks ago from incoming inventory, dealer is swapping with another dealer to get my Asgard Grey colour. It is showing " at sea" and due to arrive within a week or 2. I am in Ottawa, Canada.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you mean custom ordered ? I ordered mine 2 weeks ago from incoming inventory, dealer is swapping with another dealer to get my Asgard Grey colour. It is showing " at sea" and due to arrive within a week or 2. I am in Ottawa, Canada.
No, not a custom order at all. I was told that all Q60 RS400's, no matter what the options, were not yet available to order. Is that true for all parts of the States? Don't know. I see you are in Canada. I suspect there may be a difference in what is released in different parts of the world. I do know the build process on the USA and Canadian web sites is different in terms of what options are available so it would be no surprise to find out that the doors in Canada are open while some of the doors here in the States are still closed. As I've said YMMV.

·
Registered
179 Posts
All I can relate is what I have been told here in Indiana. I was advised that the order portal had been opened for an hour a month ago and since I had placed a deposit on a RS400 in August that they were allowed to place an order, but not without some insistence on the dealer's part. Today, if you check the cars available on Infiniti's website , you'll see that there are some RS400's shown in the Midwest. I went to my dealer today and said that I was willing to accept one of the cars shown on the website of other dealers if they could do a dealer swap. They made some calls and it turns out that apparently all of the RS400's shown are claimed to have been pre-sold and not available. Seems funny to show them as 'on the lot" if that is the case, but that is what I was told. I placed the deposit on a RS400 in early August and today was told not to expect the car until December at the earliest. I ordered Sunstone red and know that there is not a red car in the USA that anyone is aware of just yet. I think they are still mixing the paint. Really weird that it is the red car featured in all of the promotions, but it is the last to become available. Time will tell.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All I can relate is what I have been told here in Indiana. I was advised that the order portal had been opened for an hour a month ago and since I had placed a deposit on a RS400 in August that they were allowed to place an order, but not without some insistence on the dealer's part. Today, if you check the cars available on Infiniti's website , you'll see that there are some RS400's shown in the Midwest. I went to my dealer today and said that I was willing to accept one of the cars shown on the website of other dealers if they could do a dealer swap. They made some calls and it turns out that apparently all of the RS400's shown are claimed to have been pre-sold and not available. Seems funny to show them as 'on the lot" if that is the case, but that is what I was told. I placed the deposit on a RS400 in early August and today was told not to expect the car until December at the earliest. I ordered Sunstone red and know that there is not a red car in the USA that anyone is aware of just yet. I think they are still mixing the paint. Really weird that it is the red car featured in all of the promotions, but it is the last to become available. Time will tell.
Thanks for your post. It pretty much duplicates what my dealer here in Ohio has been saying. I, too, gave a deposit and I think I'm first in line at my dealer. I'm told the next order window will occur in about 3 weeks. Delivery expected 1Q 2017 so that means as late as March. I'm firm on wanting a car to match my desired specs, and not the red, so I'm not going to search for just any RS400. As you said, time will tell. If anyone else has more info please post.

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Maybe we are not talking about the same thing...but for about the last week it is possible to 'build' a RS 400 on Infiniti's site.

Build a 2017 Infiniti Q60 | Select Model

I have been told by my dealer here in Ottawa and one outside of Toronto that arrival will be within the next 2 weeks. I ordered Asgard Grey and dealer here is swapping an Obsidian Black for mine which is coming into Montreal. I have a VIN number etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe we are not talking about the same thing...but for about the last week it is possible to 'build' a RS 400 on Infiniti's site.

Build a 2017 Infiniti Q60 | Select Model
Yes, I know that we can build a RS400 on the Infiniti web site and now also on cars.com. Dealers have their own build process which is different then the public web site. My dealer tells me that he cannot build a RS400 on their internal web site. Nor does he have dealer pricing. Some of the output of the internal web site should be a build sheet which gives all of the internal codes for the features chosen and hopefully an estimated build date. Look at cars.com for what I suspect the build sheet will look like.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been told by my dealer here in Ottawa and one outside of Toronto that arrival will be within the next 2 weeks. I ordered Asgard Grey and dealer here is swapping an Obsidian Black for mine which is coming into Montreal. I have a VIN number etc.
Congrats on that. I may be mistaken but it seems to me that things are different in Canada. I'll just keep my fingers crossed for things to happen here in the States.

·
Registered
179 Posts
2014S6, I understand....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Myers infiniti or 417infiniti?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm in Dallas, and my dealer was able to submit my custom order about three weeks ago. I put down a deposit in August. They have a build sheet with an expected delivery in November, but I don't have a VIN yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
InfinitiUSA website showed Red Sport 400 AWD as available 'On the Lot' at one of the dealers close by. I called the dealership, but they said it is not in their system and they don't have any ETA on its arrival. Wierd!

Color: Hagane Blue

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
InfinitiUSA website showed Red Sport 400 AWD as available 'On the Lot' at one of the dealers close by. I called the dealership, but they said it is not in their system and they don't have any ETA on its arrival. Wierd!

Color: Hagane Blue

I know that sometimes if the car is already sold but in transit, it won't appear in the system as it is already sold. This may or may not be the case here.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts