Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first I figured it was just the tires needing a couple hundred miles on them, but now I'm over 1k and I'm still able to spin the tires with only moderate acceleration. I've never even reached 5k rpm while accelerating. Breaking it in nice and easy :)

I've had some experience with these tires on my G37S coupe and thought they were quite good, but now I'm thinking of changing them and going to 275 or 285 width in the rear. I can understand some wheel spin in 1st and 2nd gear, but I'm also experiencing some spin when kicking down to 3rd for accelerating. This car is a beast :D

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yeah I feel some slippage on drive payment when down shifting to third and accelerating. I use to use Michelin Pilots on my G35 Coupe but found that Continental's ExtremeContact works better for me. Grip during bad weather, wear, much quieter along with being a slightly lower price.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Would 275s or 285s fit on the stock rim or would you have to go AM for the wheels as well? I think the stock tires are just bad and a major improvement can be had even from sticking with the stock sizes and getting something better like Continentals or Michelins (maybe the new MP4s?).

·
Registered
181 Posts
Would 275s or 285s fit on the stock rim or would you have to go AM for the wheels as well? I think the stock tires are just bad and a major improvement can be had even from sticking with the stock sizes and getting something better like Continentals or Michelins (maybe the new MP4s?).
Curious to know this as well! OP, I test drove the AWD a few days ago and mashed the gas off the line in 1st and the traction was great. No slippage at all so not sure why you're experiencing traction issues.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Curious to know this as well! OP, I test drove the AWD a few days ago and mashed the gas off the line in 1st and the traction was great. No slippage at all so not sure why you're experiencing traction issues.
I think it's coz the OP has a RWD RS

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So sticking with the stock rims, if I was to go to 275 in the rear, could I stay with 245's up front, or would I need to go to 255's?
You can stick with 245s up front. In fact, the 370z has 245's up front and 275's in the rear.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You can stick with 245s up front. In fact, the 370z has 245's up front and 275's in the rear.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I just looked it up, the 370Z Nismo are-

Front- 245/40/19
Rear-285/35/19

1 - 10 of 10 Posts