Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I own a 2017 red sport. It has about 24000 km on it. After going on a short road trip about 270 km. I smell bunt rubber smell when I shut off the a/c. Also I am seeing oil in the engine bay. Wonder if anyone in this forum had this happen to them?

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Hi I own a 2017 red sport. It has about 24000 km on it. After going on a short road trip about 270 km. I smell bunt rubber smell when I shut off the a/c. Also I am seeing oil in the engine bay. Wonder if anyone in this forum had this happen to them?

Thank you
Based on the picture, here's my best guess...

The A/C pressure ISchreider) valve is missing its cap, so that oil mist you see may be the A/C refrigerant that has leaked out through the valve. The A/C is charged with refrigerant that contains oil entrained in it to lubricate the compressor during operation.

If you turn on the A/C compressor, does the A/C clutch click on and spin the compressor? If not, the burnt rubber is the serpentine belt possibly riding on the A/C pulley that can't move because the A/C compressor is locked up, as the system vented/leaked out all the refrigerant and oil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts