Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother was a cook/chef for the majority of her working life and I learned to cook from her. And I actually enjoy it and find it relaxing which was important when I was working.

I really miss the kitchen in the home we had in the Seattle area. I had a little over 20 linear feet of counter space and a full commercial range with a 24 inch griddle.

The only downside we have found of living in Prescott Arizona is that there is not a butcher in this area. So I cure and cold smoke my own bacon, and grind and mix my own sausage. Since I have a nice smoker I also smoke brisket, pork shoulder, sausage, baked beans and a bunch of other stuff.

Here are some pictures for you.

Here is 61 pounds of pork shoulder and pork belly ready to go to the grinder.

Here is some of it packaged up and ready for the freezer.

More pictures coming shortly.

·
Super Moderator
2,828 Posts
I enjoy eating. 🤗
My son has some sort of fancy smoker that uses wood pellets which are automatically fed from a hopper.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm with you, I enjoy eating too. Which is why I learned how to cook. And just to be clear, my senior bride is also a great cook.

I used to do all my smoking on offset stick smoker. After years of getting up at midnight to get it lit and the temperature stable in order to do a brisket, I finally broke down and bought a MAK pellet smoker. Spendy, but it is built in the USA and it is so nice to get up at midnight, push a button and it ignites the pellets and I can throw the brisket on and 16 hours it is ready.

Gives me more free time to enjoy beer during the day.

Here is a picture of it and you can tell it has had a lot of use over the last 19 years.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m a chef..work the four season..I think that’s dope asf wat u doin....I wanna get into that type of cooking..after culinary school I went to chase money and a career..it helped get me a Q60 red sport but Since Covid I’m over it and wanna sharpen my skills...My job is really to create and write recipes then teach them for service. it’s so easy and boring now and I wanna get into what u doin..I miss culinary school were we broke down the whole animal and nothing went to waste

these are some of the dishes I created today
it’s a great career but because of Covid I wanna go into catering and although I can smoke food from wat I learned culinary school... it’s not the same as experience and doin it over and over and learning from mistakes..especially a mother grandma or aunty..they got that love they put in food that cnt b replicated
I AM OPEN TO LEARNING

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are some great looking dishes you prepared.

While I'm a good cook, I lack the presentation skills that you possess.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would eat that as my 1 meat meal day a week for sure . Catering . oh the memories . I used to be a salad chef for the pedo Jeff Smith when I was 17 for about 7 months. After food was served we would pop a bottle of wine each before driving home . lol. He tried to pat my ass and told him stop . My uncle who I lived with went to his shop and told him if he touched me he would kill him . Never a butt pat again .lol.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jambalaya for dinner tonight. One of my favorite meals.

I have not added the shrimp yet. I do that just prior to serving so it does not over cook them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Post some recipes I’ll do the same and as a chef we all know there just guidelines and make them our own

1 - 9 of 9 Posts