Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They sit unnecessarily low vs the rest of the car which makes it odd from a styling standpoint (lowest part being behind the front wheels instead of the front of the car).

I stuck my head under my car this weekend and it seems they use some unique fasteners vs any simple bolts or screws.

I could be wrong here however as I really still have to jack it up to see all angles.

Anyone remove the front mud flaps yet?

·
Super Moderator
2,980 Posts
meh

·
Super Moderator
2,980 Posts
Remove them, take pics, and give us a full report.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I caught a curb and the left front one came right off grrrrr. I will be taking mine in and since I have only a 1,000 miles maybe they will fix for free. In any case I can ask the service tech if you want about how to do it etc?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you happen to get a chance and it's not much of an effort that would be great.

It's planned to rain for multiple days here so I may not be able to get under the car for a bit. No big deal though - if I'm the first to do it I'll just post up here.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They seem to be really on there with rivets or something like that - not typical bolts/screws. I'm going to leave them for now but may go back to pulling them off in the future.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I would not remove the mud flaps, because of the shape of the car. You're asking for rock chips all along the side.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Did anyone figure this out? I need mine off and am either going to use cut off wheel at lowest point or pry off if there are no other options.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So they are attached by 3 aluminum rivers and 3 screws.
Pry head of aluminum rivet enough to fit wire cutters between them and the mud flap. You can snip the tops off easily.
Two screws on front of wheel liner
You have to remove 4 screws in wheel liner to get behind because there is one more screw securing the mud flap in place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts