Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use an ipod in my car for music/podcasts. I'm not an Apple guy, but ipod has always been the simplest method of using digital audio in a car for me since the controls function just like the ipod controls. I've never messed with a USB thumb drive because of all the problems people have getting albums/artists/playlists to function correctly.

Anyway, I just got a new ipod touch gen 6 because my ancient ipod classic was on its last leg. Every time I start the car now, it automatically starts playing music, even if it was playing a podcast when I turned the car off. This is extremely annoying, especially since the 10-year-old device would just pick up where it left off every time I started the car. Even though this isn't a Q60 issue, do any of you know how to defeat this problem? I tried turning the audio system off before I shut down the engine, then back on after I start, but it made no difference.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did this happen with your old iPod too? Or just with the new one?
No, the old ipod classic just resumed what it was playing whenever I started the car. I figured a brand new ipod would do the same thing, but no luck.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yea, was never an Apple person because of how their IOS interacts with everything else especially cars. It's not just with Infiniti.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I figured out a workaround. You can edit the tag properties for podcasts to make them the "music" media type and to remember playback position. Then they automatically move to the music library, and you can just make a playlist for each podcast. It's an annoying process, but at least it works, and the podcast resumes when I start the car instead of picking a random song.

Apple tech support was useless. The guy actually asked, "what IS a podcast, anyway?"

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So you have to manually change the file type of the podcasts to mp3?
The podcasts are already mp3, just like any other song. You have to right click on the file in itunes (I'm on a PC), click "get info," then select the options tab, then change "media kind" from podcast to music. Also select "remember playback position" and de-select "skip when shuffling." The file will disappear from your podcast library and will appear in your music library under whatever artist/title it's tagged as. Then you can just make a music playlist and add the episodes. Set the device music app so it doesn't shuffle, then select an episode in the playlist you made, and it will stop/resume playback every time you stop/start the car.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have had issues with Apple and other car brands. Android seems to have less issues I think.
I agree. I hate apple. I just want something that stays connected in the console so I don't have to connect my phone every time I get in. And I don't like using bluetooth because of the lag and reduced sound quality.

A thumb drive works really well for playback. The downside is the car can only process 5000 files on a thumb drive. The other disadvantage is it organizes everything within folders by alphabetical order. So you can pull up an artist, then album, but it plays the song list in alphabetical order instead of album order. I'm sure I could take the time to name/number everything, but I don't want to waste the time.

I'll use the ipod for a while, but if it gets too annoying, I'll just use a thumb drive and deal with the file order issue.

·
Registered
181 Posts
This is a bit off topic but I have another issue with the audio. I have an iPhone and whether im playing music using the USB cable or over Bluetooth, there are these split second pauses throughout the song. Its pretty annoying as I cant listen to a song all the way through without the song cutting out. The pauses are longer if I play the music through the usb cable (half a second) and around 1/4 of a second over bluetooth. Has anyone else experienced these? I did made sure my iphone was securely plugged in. However, the issue is still occurring.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
312 Posts
This is a bit off topic but I have another issue with the audio. I have an iPhone and whether im playing music using the USB cable or over Bluetooth, there are these split second pauses throughout the song. Its pretty annoying as I cant listen to a song all the way through without the song cutting out. The pauses are longer if I play the music through the usb cable (half a second) and around 1/4 of a second over bluetooth. Has anyone else experienced these? I did made sure my iphone was securely plugged in. However, the issue is still occurring.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
I haven't experienced that, but by wife had a similar issue but only when streaming her music over a cellular network when having a poor signal. I have a feeling you're seeing a different issue, but are those songs downloaded/synced to the device itself?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have a windows phone and it works great over Bluetooth so I suggest you have Infinity Service look it over. Sounds like hardware issues to me.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I agree. I hate apple. I just want something that stays connected in the console so I don't have to connect my phone every time I get in. And I don't like using bluetooth because of the lag and reduced sound quality.

A thumb drive works really well for playback. The downside is the car can only process 5000 files on a thumb drive. The other disadvantage is it organizes everything within folders by alphabetical order. So you can pull up an artist, then album, but it plays the song list in alphabetical order instead of album order. I'm sure I could take the time to name/number everything, but I don't want to waste the time.

I'll use the ipod for a while, but if it gets too annoying, I'll just use a thumb drive and deal with the file order issue.
Infiniti play folders/songs in the order it was copied to the thumb drive. That was easy....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts