Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys so i recently bought a 2019 q60 3.0t AWD and i absolutely love it. I really want to hear the turbo "whoosh" and was wanting to install some HKS BOVs. but i have been reading about some people saying that if the car has MAF sensors, then itll be bad for the engine in a way. So should i install them or what can i do so that i wont lose any power?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Following.. Curious as well. I have BMS heat exchanger, intake, and JB4. I can hear them spool up but would like a little more sound and that same "whoosh" as you put it lol. Im gonna get lower downpipes at the end of the month.

·
Registered
767 Posts
The purpose of BOVs is to reduce pressure on the turbo inlets with fast throttle plate closure. The solution used by Infiniti engineers was to reduce the closure rate of the throttle plate in the throttle body to slowly "bleed off" the pressure spike from letting off the throttle.

The issue from a driveability stand-point could be construed as a "throttle hanging up", which is noted by some tuners as a reason for the BOVs. The down-side of BOVs is the sudden introduction of un-metered air downstream of the MAFs. When the BOVs "blow-off", this will temporarily upset the metered air, resulting in a rich condition. See this video on YT for further explanation:

Note: Unlike Subarus, the VR30 does not have a recirculating valve.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my q60 a month ago and it's my second twin turbo vehicle...I had a 2000 s80 t6 volvo in the past and installed a dual port turbo smart bov on it....it worked well in the beginning but then ran into problems with getting the recirculation adjustments on point and car would go into limp mode cause the bov was dumping to much into the atmosphere...so now I'm skeptical about installing a bov on the Q

1 - 4 of 4 Posts