Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is actually kind of a tough decision for me after seeing the new S5. I've always had a really soft spot for the S5 because it was a coupe and it was very sleek. The power difference isn't too much of an issue for me. But the fuel economy is quite substantial ...

Maybe this could give you something to think about ?

If you’re worried there’s not enough power from the Audi A5, then get the S5 which runs on a 3.0L turbo V6 worth 354hp. Whereas the V6 on the Infiniti manages combined fuel economy of 22mpg, the S5 touts 32mpg combined.

The icing on the cake for Audi is of course its virtual cockpit instrument cluster, besides optional ambient lighting, increased cargo space, as well as more tech and safety features.

Nevertheless, the automaker also stresses on the coupe’s weight drop of up to 132lbs coupled with an improved drag coefficient of 0.25 that have led to a boost in overall efficiency.
Full Article via

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm way too afraid of german engineering hearing all of the horror stories and super expensive parts. I have admired the S5 before, but it never really seemed for me. I much prefer the Q60, regardless of the fuel economy comparison.

·
Registered
500 Posts
When it comes to styling, I like curvy lines and the Audi just doesn't have that, however the Q60 and new Mercedes C Class does. The C Class is high up on my list because of the aftermarket support usually offered on MB models, Brabus being a big supplier.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Audi is definitely all about straight lines now, no longer like the B6-B7 body shapes. But it really grows on me, I much prefer the new body shapes. The aftermarket support on the Audi is great as well, but of course, not as great as the MB would be. Which C-Class would you be looking at just to be more specific ?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I just hope that IPL or an aftermarket brand can do something interesting to the Q60. If there's anything more they need its to bring a performance coupe and sedan up to the level we see some MB's get with AMG tuning and even with Brabus.

This Brabus C63 AMG is a good example:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
500+ Horsepower with a boat ton of luxuries. Really can't go wrong with that. It'll be interesting to see if anyone can really take the Q60 to that high of a level. Given the most powerful version will have 400hp, it'll be a big job to bring that into competition level with the Brabus C63

·
Registered
591 Posts
Doesn't the base model Q60 win over the Audi A5?

Audi A5 has a 2.0 TFSI engine with an output of 220 hp and 258 lb/ft of torque while the Q60 has a 400 horsepower twin-turbocharged V6 engine. .

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea.. not too sure exactly why I left the A5 portion in there as it does seem quite irrelevant to anything... my apologies on that part.

·
Registered
591 Posts
What's interesting is that the 2016 Audi A5 Coupe has a base price of $40,500 and the Q60 has an estimated MSRP around $40-50. You may as well pay a bit more for the Q60 for the additional power and better design IMO.

·
Registered
591 Posts
What about the S5 vs the Q60 Red Sport? Depending on how much the Red sport will go for buyers could go that route for around 400hp.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The Q50 Red Sport is going to be starting at around $48,855 I believe ? So that is definitely S5 range which'll make it very interesting

·
Registered
591 Posts
I assume the Q60 Red Sport would cost a bit more than the Q50, maybe mid $40k so it's pricing should be able to compete against the S5 and it has more power too.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Will definitely be interesting to see how sales fair when it arrives. I would also like to see what the aftermarket support will be like

·
Registered
591 Posts
There were a lot of aftermarket parts for the older gen Q60 and there will be a lot for the new model too. Just a matter of time and we can expect to see things from companies like Stillen, ARK, TEIN, and more.

·
Registered
327 Posts
True.. but then we have guys like APR, AWE, ECS Tuning, majority of the big tuners for Audis are either Audi specific or German specific

·
Registered
591 Posts
It's because tuning for Audi and BMW is more profitable for them with the amount of vehicles both brands sell. The Q60 may never see tunes from them but I'm sure someone out there would get to it sooner or later.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's definitely a given, someone, somewhere will get to it. But how far off do you think the sales would be comparing brands ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am debating this as well. coming out if an S4 now. New B9 S5 looks like it is still a year away and bang for the buck the Q60 Red Sport beats it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts