Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have set #2 seat memory button to wheel up and seat back to make entry and exit easier as others have posted. However when I get in and start the car the seat does not go to my driving position which is set in button #1 and in Infiniti intuition. If I open the door with key #2, seat etc go to #2 position as it should. Now if i get out and I open the door with key #1 seat etc go to the proper #1 position like it should. It's when I use #2 button on exit that it won't reposition correctly on re entry to my drive position.

If I go into intuition my user is highlighted like it should be. If I touch it, it asked if I want to change user. If I say yes the seat, wheel, mirrors go to my driving position.

Any help or ideas on why this doesn't work would be appreciated . I have read that others have used this successfully?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
On my car #2 is set for exit, #1 is set for driving. After I enter and start the car I always have to push #1.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, the manual says it should do it automatically! But you probably know what that is worth.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Interesting, the manual says it should do it automatically! But you probably know what that is worth.

Thanks
Maybe if another driver moves the seat manually, then it might go back to your settings when you use your key. Also, #1 and #2 are designed to be used by two unique drivers, and we've got both assigned to one.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I believe this is because though you have memory 1 and memory two, the smart key remembers the seat position for that key when you turn off the car. I have memory 1 and memory two set like you do and don't need a memory position for my wife's key fob because if she unlocks the door, the seat will move to her position automatically. Unfortunately, that means being I turn the car off in the memory 2 position, when I go back to my car, that's the position it stays in until I push memory 1.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I believe this is because though you have memory 1 and memory two, the smart key remembers the seat position for that key when you turn off the car. I have memory 1 and memory two set like you do and don't need a memory position for my wife's key fob because if she unlocks the door, the seat will move to her position

As I said in my original post I make sure I turn off the car first before I hit #2 so I don't overwrite my driving position.

Really puzzling me, I appreciate any help/advice

·
Registered
199 Posts
When you enter your vehicle and sit down, hit the start button but do not step on the brake to start your car, just hit the ignition button. While the seat and steering wheel is doing its thing take this moment to put on your seat belt then when things are in position, step on the brake and start the car. So yeah you are having to hit the button twice but I'll bet it is far from an annoyance as what you are experiencing now

·
Registered
686 Posts
While I like the ingenuity you guys are displaying with the seat positioning, I just want to throw out a word of caution from personal experience.

The electric motor for the driver seat in my G35 was one of the first things to go. You guys know that automotive companies are known for using cheap parts. The constant actuation of the seat motor for entry and exit is going to put excessive wear on those parts. Just be careful!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Grandma is doing the same thing, and she thanks the people on this forum for the tip. She uses #1 for driving and #2 for entry/exit.

(#2 is the position I set for driving, and I use it when I am allowed to drive her car...)

The trouble is, the key remembers settings, like where the seat is, every time you turn off the car. If she shuts off the car "too soon" then the key remembers the wrong seat setting.

Is there any way to override that, or are we supposed to shut up and like it?

Grandpa

P.S. The seat motor still works fine on Grandma's 2005 G35x. Admittedly the gears are noisy and I should take a look at them. Just another data point.

·
Registered
359 Posts
While I like the ingenuity you guys are displaying with the seat positioning, I just want to throw out a word of caution from personal experience.

The electric motor for the driver seat in my G35 was one of the first things to go. You guys know that automotive companies are known for using cheap parts. The constant actuation of the seat motor for entry and exit is going to put excessive wear on those parts. Just be careful!
Eh, that's what warrantees are for ;)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
When you enter your vehicle and sit down, hit the start button but do not step on the brake to start your car, just hit the ignition button. While the seat and steering wheel is doing its thing take this moment to put on your seat belt then when things are in position, step on the brake and start the car. So yeah you are having to hit the button twice but I'll bet it is far from an annoyance as what you are experiencing now
That's a big draw on the battery which will shorten its life over time.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts

I'd rather replace the motor than have a hole wear in the seat side bolster from wear every time I exit and enter the car.
I wonder if there's any periodic lubrication that can be done. I've seen that the moon roof is greased from the factory.

·
Registered
199 Posts
That's a big draw on the battery which will shorten its life over time.
And the metric you are using to measure that? Any statistical data to back that up? I'd imagine sitting and listening to the radio without the car running would have more of an effect on the battery than 3 seconds of a seat motor running prior to engine start or interior lights being on when the car is not running.

I have welcome lighting. When I hit the unlock button remotely and also when I exit the vehicle the headlights, tail lights and welcome lighting all remain lit for far longer than the seat motor driving for 3 seconds.

Yeah, I'm so not worried about any premature battery failure due to my post, which was simply pointing out to the Op the possible issue with his seat not driving to the last known L1 location. I've noticed if I get in my car and start it, the seat does NOT drive to the L1 position, if it was moved prior using L2. However, if I hit the ACC button the seat DOES drive to the L1 position.

I haven't read a better solution in this thread yet to the OP's issue....

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
And the metric you are using to measure that? Any statistical data to back that up? I'd imagine sitting and listening to the radio without the car running would have more of an effect on the battery than 3 seconds of a seat motor running prior to engine start or interior lights being on when the car is not running.
Thought you meant to turn the ignition switch to "On" instead of "ACC". An electric motor moving an adult male is probably pulling the biggest load on the battery except for the starter. Each time you put a load on a lead acid battery the lifespan takes a hit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sometimes when I open my door when I haven't gotten in in a while instead of moving to position 1 or position 2 it just moves all the way forward and up, and is super annoying. Anyone heard of this?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Sometimes when I open my door when I haven't gotten in in a while instead of moving to position 1 or position 2 it just moves all the way forward and up, and is super annoying. Anyone heard of this?
Have you set up the user registration? P. 8-30 in the Infiniti InTouch Owner's Manual. If that's not it maybe the Walk-in button on the back of the seat is faulty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After you shut down hit 2 to exit. When you get in, hit the start button without pushing the brake. The seat will return to the position it was in when you last shut down (#1 if that's where it was). You can start the car while the seat is adjusting, it will stop while the engine starts, and then resume.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts