Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, recently purchased a 2017 Q60 and the passenger side window will not crack open slightly when opening the door. The drivers side does it fine, and I have exhausted my options. Searched the forum with no avail.

Tried:
Replacing the button on the passenger side
Checking if the door button indicator (lets car know if door is open or not) works by swapping it with the drivers side
Taking it to the dealer and their guess was the motor and actuator needed to be replaced
Replaced the motor and actuator and still no luck.

Really not sure what to do as the glass stays in the up position and the only temporary fix is to slightly lower my window and close the door, but it leaves a gap and won't automatically go back up.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,498 Posts
Hi all, recently purchased a 2017 Q60 and the passenger side window will not crack open slightly when opening the door. The drivers side does it fine, and I have exhausted my options. Searched the forum with no avail.

Tried:
Replacing the button on the passenger side
Checking if the door button indicator (lets car know if door is open or not) works by swapping it with the drivers side
Taking it to the dealer and their guess was the motor and actuator needed to be replaced
Replaced the motor and actuator and still no luck.

Really not sure what to do as the glass stays in the up position and the only temporary fix is to slightly lower my window and close the door, but it leaves a gap and won't automatically go back up.
I think you're the first to post this issue. If you've tried to repair it all yourself, I think it's time to let the dealer fix it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Try to reindex that window and see if that fixes. I assume the dealer would try it but worth a shot for you.

Push the button down so the window gpes completely down. Then raise the window all the way back up while holding the button all the way. Do not let go until after 15 seconds. Test window

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,498 Posts
If the windows do not close automatically
If the power window automatic function
(closing only) does not operate properly,
perform the following procedure to initialize the power window system.
1. Place the ignition switch in the ON
position.
2. Close the door.
3. Open the window completely by operating the power window switch.
4. Pull the power window switch and hold
it to close the window, and then hold
the switch more than 3 seconds after
the window is closed completely.
5. Release the power window switch.
Operate the window by the automatic
function to confirm the initialization is
complete.
6. Perform steps 2 through 5 above for
other windows.
If the power window automatic function
does not operate properly after performing
the procedure above, it is recommended
you have your vehicle checked by an
INFINITI retailer

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think you have that one bottom on that’s under the window buttons on the drivers door which prevents you from putting your windows down on the passenger side (think of it like a childs lock but for the window) i had the same issue i got scared cuz the i barely got the car

1 - 7 of 7 Posts