Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The May edition of Automobile magazine features their 2017 All-Star review. The Q60 was one of the cars considered but apparently the electronic steering and the brakes failed their testing protocol. "Infiniti got the styling right...". " The engine drew praise, as did the interior and supportive seats. When driven at back-road appropriate 80 percent, the Q60 feels pretty good. The closer you get to 100%, the more apt you are to shop for something else". :( I'll settle for 80% I suppose. :)

Reactions: testrage

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
You can read more at the link below. Z74Q60, I agree with you. I consider the Q60 to be a GT type car, not a sports car. I'm not sure why they went into it expecting a sports car? Now if Infiniti releases the Black S or IPL or whatever, then I could see expecting it to perform like a full blown sports car.

2017 AUTOMOBILE All-Stars: The Others | Automobile Magazine

Infiniti Q60

It’s unlikely you’ll take your Infiniti Q60 on the track, but this is a fast sports coupe, so no apologies for thrashing it on the circuit. Infiniti probably wishes we hadn’t. “Properly quick, but the phone number the Q60’s electronic steering dialed has been disconnected,” senior editor for digital Kirill Ougarov said. “The fact it fried its brakes reinforces the notion that hardcore enthusiasts will find Infiniti’s overall package lacking in the left-seat department,” Wasef said. Yes, it’s bigger and heavier than a proper sporty car, but bigger and heavier cars didn’t let us down at the limit. Part of the issue — and a big reason it torched its brakes: The Q60 won’t allow its stability control system to be fully disabled. Infiniti got the styling right, but did that have to come at the expense of some of the mechanicals? The engine drew praise, as did the interior and the supportive seats. When driven at a back-road-appropriate 80 percent, the Q60 feels pretty good. The closer you get to 100 percent, the more apt you are to shop for something else. – Steven Cole Smith

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
When I'm sitting in the driver's seat of my Q60 it weighs over 4,000 lbs. That's on the heavy side for a sports car.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:eek: Oh, my!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you have AWD and a full tank of gas the Q60 is over 2 tons LOL, even if you have a 2.0t RWD and a full tank of gas you'll be north of 2 tons if you weigh 100lbs. Bevo would have to be less than 140lbs with an empty gas tank to NOT be over 4000lbs.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not a deal-breaker for about 90% of its potential buyers, but very disappointing nonetheless. I've seen a couple of videos of the the Q50RS on the track. The driver stated that the car behave amicably, even with DAS. I wonder what the disconnect is with the Q60RS.

Aside from the weight, I wonder if bigger/better tires would change this dynamic?

https://youtu.be/1-3zRgt9QG4

Sidenote: Can anyone tell me how to post/embed videos?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Not that surprised by the review of the RS. Infiniti had to leave room for the black sport and most likely when they get to test that then it will get the 100%. :)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Not a deal-breaker for about 90% of its potential buyers, but very disappointing nonetheless. I've seen a couple of videos of the the Q50RS on the track. The driver stated that the car behave amicably, even with DAS. I wonder what the disconnect is with the Q60RS.

Aside from the weight, I wonder if bigger/better tires would change this dynamic?

https://youtu.be/1-3zRgt9QG4

Sidenote: Can anyone tell me how to post/embed videos?
.9g on street tires is pretty good. He doesn't need bigger tires, just track tires.
Use the entire youtube address from the browser

1 - 8 of 8 Posts