Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just got word from dealer on Friday about my Q60 Red Sports Dynamic Sunstone Red Graphite Semi-aniline Leather Interior / Carbon Fiber Trim with Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport and Driver Assistance Package that Infiniti stop building any new models until later in the year for 2018 models. My dealer did a search and most of the cars are either fully loaded or it just has Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sports. I currently have a 2014 Q50 with DAS and I had so many problems with the car that I didn't want another DAS (I know it's 2.0 version). So I decide to just go with the Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport option.

Please let me know what you think about only having Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sportpackage.

thanks,
- Ed

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi I just got word from dealer on Friday about my Q60 Red Sports Dynamic Sunstone Red Graphite Semi-aniline Leather Interior / Carbon Fiber Trim with Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport and Driver Assistance Package that Infiniti stop building any new models until later in the year for 2018 models. My dealer did a search and most of the cars are either fully loaded or it just has Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sports. I currently have a 2014 Q50 with DAS and I had so many problems with the car that I didn't want another DAS (I know it's 2.0 version). So I decide to just go with the Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport option.

Please let me know what you think about only having Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sportpackage.

thanks,
- Ed
Are you saying you were told that Infiniti is no longer building the Q60 and that what exists on lots right now is all there will be until the 2018 model comes out? That's not making sense to me so I feel like I'm misunderstanding.

Also, when did you place your order? I placed mine at the end of October. I expected it this week and not only don't have it but haven't been able to get the sales person to call me back in 5 days so your post actually made me nervous. I'll be calling again tomorrow.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I believe they build 700 to 800 a month. There is no way they can stop a production line. That would be a huge loss.

I added ground lights the other day and my Infiniti dealer in Vancouver has them sitting on the lot unsold.

They are coming. Patience

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts

thanks,
- Ed
This is what I have on my Red Sport and I'm happy with it: Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / Silver Optic Fiber Interior Trim / INFINITI Radiant Illuminated Kick Plates / INFINITI Radiant Grille Emblem.

My priority was a light colored exterior and either red or white interior. My dealer had what I wanted on the showroom floor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, they didn't have enough orders so Infinti decided not continue to build the Q60. I did a search from RI down to Va. and most of the dealers have 40+ cars on their lot. I verified this with 3 other dealers. I place my order in Nov/Dec time frame. I heard they switch to another vehicle on the line.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Yes, they didn't have enough orders so Infinti decided not continue to build the Q60. I did a search from RI down to Va. and most of the dealers have 40+ cars on their lot. I verified this with 3 other dealers. I place my order in Nov/Dec time frame. I heard they switch to another vehicle on the line.
No way each dealer has 40+ Red Sports on their lots

·
Registered
591 Posts
One thing you can try is to use the live chat option on Infiniti's site. Bypass the dealerships and go straight to the source to see if they've really stopped production.

·
Registered
189 Posts
It took exactly 4 months from the placement of my order to the delivery of my RS 400. It is a slow process. It took two months to ship from Japan to the Midwest.I know sales are slow, but I did not think things were bad enough to stop production!

·
Registered
312 Posts
My dealer says my car is still coming but there has been no word on it so it's obviously going to be longer than the late January delivery date Infiniti had told them. And for what it's worth, the sales person also said they are unaware of production being halted and have new cars coming in every week.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I'm about to go into my garage and make sure it wasn't all a dream :D

·
Registered
591 Posts
Seems more likely to slow down production than outright stopping the production of one model, maybe have fewer worker shifts for the Q60.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Seems more likely to slow down production than outright stopping the production of one model, maybe have fewer worker shifts for the Q60.
They may have simply moved on to other models.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I will say that I'm surprised both my local dealers have more Q60s than Q50s.
I mean, I don't think anyone is rushing out to buy a $50-60K luxury sports coupe in the middle of winter in NA...lol. Coupes in general across all manufacturers are low volume/percentage sales.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Interestingly, if you go to the Q60 build page right now, and select the RS400, the only option for interior is graphite. No option for red or white. Hmmmmmm

·
Registered
312 Posts
I mean, I don't think anyone is rushing out to buy a $50-60K luxury sports coupe in the middle of winter in NA...lol. Coupes in general across all manufacturers are low volume/percentage sales.
Yeah, exactly why I was surprised. The closest dealer to me has 30 Q60s and 25 Q50s.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Interestingly, if you go to the Q60 build page right now, and select the RS400, the only option for interior is graphite. No option for red or white. Hmmmmmm
Yep, you're right. I can say for a fact that it wasn't like that yesterday.
I tried to build a Q60 RS yesterday to answer the question about the door lighting. INFINITI USA | Luxury Sedans, Hybrids, SUVs and Crossovers wouldn't let me check an exterior color and the only interior was black. I thought the website just wasn't loading properly. Today I get the same result. If you can no longer order a Q60 RS, the site should at least let you build one and then direct you to the nearest dealer that might have what you've selected. IMO it's poor marketing.

However, it will let me build a Q60 3.0t Premium AWD. All the exterior and interior colors are active.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I tried to build a Q60 RS yesterday to answer the question about the door lighting. INFINITI USA | Luxury Sedans, Hybrids, SUVs and Crossovers wouldn't let me check an exterior color and the only interior was black. I thought the website just wasn't loading properly. Today I get the same result. If you can no longer order a Q60 RS, the site should at least let you build one and then direct you to the nearest dealer that might have what you've selected. IMO it's poor marketing.

However, it will let me build a Q60 3.0t Premium AWD. All the exterior and interior colors are active.
I agree, thought the same thing.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts