1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my RS on 12/2017
Current miles: 26,XXX

Went to the dealership today for oil / filter change and to have the serpentine belt replaced just out of an abundance of caution. Asked them to inspect the water pump out of an abundance of caution. Probably there less than 30 minutes when SW tells me the pump's got a leak. Must be seeping as coolant is in normal range and I've never added any and I don't smell any.

Crazy that an unmodified car with relatively low miles has a faulty water pump.

Loaned me a Q50. Certainly doesn't have near the power of my RS. No badging so I popped the hood. V6 Twin Turbo, could have fooled me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My water pump was replaced at 16,500 miles due to minimal weeping as well. Since it was weeping on the belt they changed the belt as well.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I posted this same sad story back in May 2019. At that time my Q was just barely 2 years old with 17K miles on the clock. Had several issues with the motor, one of which was a leaking water pump and a ruined serpentine belt. All parts/labor covered by warranty. Hope Infiniti takes care of you, B-Horn.

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hope Infiniti takes care of you, B-Horn.
Thanks. The pump is covered by warranty and they gave me a courtesy car. SW apologized that it was a Q50 :D

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dropped off at 1:30pm yesterday, just got a call at 8am today that it's ready.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guess it was a good thing I asked them to inspect the water pump. This is on the report:
WHEN PERFORMING COOLANT PRESSURE TEST FOUND WATER PUMP TO BE LEAKING FROM WEEP HOLE.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Well, it just happened to my 2017 Q again with 27.7K miles on the odo. As noted above (#3), my original water pump was replaced @17.7K miles due to leakage - serp belt also replaced. While doing an oil change recently I noticed coolant residue on the lower suspension parts and on the splash shield. Sure enough, the replacement water pump was leaking after only 10K miles of service. Yesterday dealer replaced it with an "updated" water pump (#210104HK0D) and another serp belt (#117205CA0B), all under warranty (Powertrain is 72 months or 70K miles, whichever comes first).

I still enjoy the Q for its style and performance, but reliability leaves much to be desired....

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts