Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Pretty sure Infiniti doesn't manufacture the battery.
I never said they did. But they did decide to put it in this car. They also decided to put in a sub-par Bluetooth system that failed the first day I had it (literally the first day. It spent it's first week in the shop and they had no idea what was wrong. I am the one who demanded that they replace the Bluetooth system and they finally did - problem solved). I'm pretty sure they don't manufacture that either. Does that mean they are not responsible for the quality of it? I bought a car. A complete car. Not a battery and not a car without a battery. As far as I am concerned, everything from bumper to bumper in this car is Infiniti and is subject to their quality control and their responsibility. Did they make the brakes? How about the shocks? The bearings? The rims or lug nuts? The stereo? Maybe the cameras? How about the key locks. Or the RF chips that go in the remotes? No, but they are still responsible for them and the quality of them. When I buy a $65000 car (MSRP), I expect $65000 quality. Infiniti lacks the quality I expect. It may be fine for you, but I guess I just set my expectations too high.

· Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,511 Posts
I never said they did. But they did decide to put it in this car. They also decided to put in a sub-par Bluetooth system that failed the first day I had it (literally the first day. It spent it's first week in the shop and they had no idea what was wrong. I am the one who demanded that they replace the Bluetooth system and they finally did - problem solved). I'm pretty sure they don't manufacture that either. Does that mean they are not responsible for the quality of it? I bought a car. A complete car. Not a battery and not a car without a battery. As far as I am concerned, everything from bumper to bumper in this car is Infiniti and is subject to their quality control and their responsibility. Did they make the brakes? How about the shocks? The bearings? The rims or lug nuts? The stereo? Maybe the cameras? How about the key locks. Or the RF chips that go in the remotes? No, but they are still responsible for them and the quality of them. When I buy a $65000 car (MSRP), I expect $65000 quality. Infiniti lacks the quality I expect. It may be fine for you, but I guess I just set my expectations too high.
Welp, I've had zero issues with mine and apparently your dealership took care of the warranty work. I had a brand new Yuasa battery on a brand new CBR1000RR have an issue with low cranking amps each time I stopped for fuel. Turned out the battery was defective. Also had a recall on a defective fuel cap on a new 2017 CBR1000S1. S-h-i-t happens. ;)

· Registered
75 Posts
Bumping this thread up. I have a 2017 Q60 3.0. About 24K miles. It is at the dealership now. Getting the battery replaced.... $460 freaking dollars!! This is the 3rd battery.. first one idk what happened to it as I didn't own the car. Pervious owner replaced the batter with a non OEM battery. He Barley drove the car. I have the car now. Took it to Infiniti to get the TSB done. The one where the belt was misaligned. He said my battery was weak and needs replaced. I said okay. Not thinking anything of it. Because this battery was brand new as of February.

so I took the car and drove it for a little while probably only put about 30 miles on it. haven’t driven it in a couple weeks. Went to drive it. wouldn’t start so I put it on the charger and it cranked over just fine. drove it down the street car died And would not turn back on.

so I had to get it towed to Infiniti. now Infiniti is replacing the battery and upon further diagnostic they state that my fuel control module is bad so that is on order. but this should not be the third battery in two years. With this low of miles. Im a little concerned. Car is 100%stock.

· Super Moderator
2,157 Posts
Bumping this thread up. I have a 2017 Q60 3.0. About 24K miles. It is at the dealership now. Getting the battery replaced.... $460 freaking dollars!! This is the 3rd battery.. first one idk what happened to it as I didn't own the car. Pervious owner replaced the batter with a non OEM battery. He Barley drove the car. I have the car now. Took it to Infiniti to get the TSB done. The one where the belt was misaligned. He said my battery was weak and needs replaced. I said okay. Not thinking anything of it. Because this battery was brand new as of February.

so I took the car and drove it for a little while probably only put about 30 miles on it. haven’t driven it in a couple weeks. Went to drive it. wouldn’t start so I put it on the charger and it cranked over just fine. drove it down the street car died And would not turn back on.

so I had to get it towed to Infiniti. now Infiniti is replacing the battery and upon further diagnostic they state that my fuel control module is bad so that is on order. but this should not be the third battery in two years. With this low of miles. Im a little concerned. Car is 100%stock.
Ouch. Shouldn't a battery that is less than a year old be under warranty? I know anytime I've had to replace the battery in any of my cars, I was always told that there was a warranty on it for at least 3yrs if I remember correctly.

Also, $460 is crazy. What was the cost of parts vs labor? This seems excessive tbh.

· Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,511 Posts
Ouch. Shouldn't a battery that is less than a year old be under warranty? I know anytime I've had to replace the battery in any of my cars, I was always told that there was a warranty on it for at least 3yrs if I remember correctly.

Also, $460 is crazy. What was the cost of parts vs labor? This seems excessive tbh.
Different batteries have different length warranties. Usually they prorate the battery if it's still covered.

Reactions: testrage

· Super Moderator
2,157 Posts
Different batteries have different length warranties. Usually they prorate the battery if it's still covered.
Ahh I didn't know that :)

I've only bought like a couple batteries my entire driving life, one for the GTR and the other for the wife's car I think. I guess I should have kept my other cars for a little longer :laugh:

· Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,511 Posts
Ahh I didn't know that :)

I've only bought like a couple batteries my entire driving life, one for the GTR and the other for the wife's car I think. I guess I should have kept my other cars for a little longer :laugh:
NTB, for example, offers different grades of batteries for any particular car model based on CCA and XX Month Replacement Warranty

Reactions: testrage

· Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem. After having my battery die after not driving for several days, twice, I bought a new battery. The battery guy said my current one tested out fine, but I figured after about 5 years it was worth putting in a new one.

Now, during COVID shelter in place, I have had my battery die three times (this is the new battery I bought about 6 months ago). After the first time I've made a point of starting the car and letting it run for a while. The first time it may have sat for 2 weeks. The next time was about a week. The most recent time was 6 days.

I have one theory: my car has the "welcome lights" when the key fob is close enough. Sometimes I leave my keys right by the door which is within 10 feet of the car in the driveway. I don't see the lights come on in the car, but I wonder if the keyfob is close enough that it communicates with the car to see if it is approaching or staying still.

I had been keeping the key fob at the other end of the house. It seemed to help. When it died this time after only 6 days, I noticed the key fob was at the front door.

I'm going to keep experimenting, and hopefully remembering to leave it at the other end of the house.

For the record none of my lights are accidentally left on or anything like that. I used to subscribe to Infiniti Connect but that stopped working a few years ago. Maybe that's a problem that it keeps trying to connect.

But this is really annoying. I feel like I might come to a dead car in the airport parking when I'm on a long business trip, when we can do that again. It never has happened, which might support my theory that the keyfob is too close and constantly communicating with the car, even if only to tell it "I'm close but I'm not approaching you so don't turn the lights on this time".

Has anyone else associated it with the "Welcome light"?

· Registered
191 Posts
I have the Noco GB150 that I keep charged and in the car, so I can pretty much jump a tank's batteries if needed. I used to have a 6.6L DuraMax which is why I ended up with 150. They make smaller models like, GB20 and GB40, that would work on our cars. They are a great peace of mind to keep in the trunk.

· Registered
191 Posts
Just to follow up, my Duramax had a 1 bad battery and 1 good(yes, some have 2 batteries and alternators) and I would have to jump the truck off once every few days until I replaced the battery and that hardly drained the jump box:)

· Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,511 Posts
2014 infinity batt drain over night qx60 what can caused it
Does the car have any modifications? Is the battery original from the factory? How many miles? How long have you owned it? Are you the original owner?

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi we are having problems with our suv. Starting up hit or miss we have had it six or less mouth s.I am going to charge it .But is there a proper way to do so without messing up the computer.And I have gotten the battery alternator and starter checked everything's checked out good.

· Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,511 Posts
And I have gotten the battery alternator and starter checked everything's checked out good.
If everything is good then the battery shouldn't need a charge, however, I keep my Q60 connected to this:
Font Sports equipment Gadget Tool Electronic device

21 - 34 of 34 Posts