Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their battery as of yet? Infiniti Part sites are all saying discontinued and optima batteries does not have one listed.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,484 Posts
Has anyone replaced their battery as of yet? Infiniti Part sites are all saying discontinued and optima batteries does not have one listed.
Yup, looks like Part Number: 244101VB1A has been discontinued. Maybe it's been replaced with a maintenance free battery. The dealership is bound to have batteries.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,484 Posts
Jesus, I checked Diehard, Interstate, Autozone, no luck.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, looks like Part Number: 244101VB1A has been discontinued. Maybe it's been replaced with a maintenance free battery. The dealership is bound to have batteries.
Thanks! Will make my way over there, but would like to get a performance battery to help with the airlift system and the extra amp.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So the part # for the Q60 Battery (3.0T) is 999M1QYQ85. The part is not discontinued, it is just not a stocked item at the dealership. It would take a few days to a week to get in stock. (Just a heads up)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,484 Posts
So the part # for the Q60 Battery (3.0T) is 999M1QYQ85. The part is not discontinued, it is just not a stocked item at the dealership. It would take a few days to a week to get in stock. (Just a heads up)
I can't find any confirmation for fitment on a RS

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,484 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,484 Posts
I have a Optima Redtop35 in my Q50. Same battery was in my 370Z. It should work in the Q60 as well. Call Optima

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MS9VZK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I used Optima's site to search for a battery. Result:
We’re sorry we don’t have an OPTIMA® battery that will fit your particular make and model vehicle. But don’t panic, you haven’t reached a dead end. Here are some things you can do to get the battery fitment you need:

Go to autobatteries.com to determine the battery requirements for your vehicle.
Went to autobatteries.com, their site says they don't have one.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,484 Posts
Yup.. all the sites come back with the same result. I'll end up going to the stealership and get a new one from them
Please let us know what type it is. OEM in the southern US was a lead/acid battery that required maintenance.

Reactions: Q60bob and testrage

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
999M1QYQ85 Infiniti OEM battery is $300+ OUCH

·
Registered
20 Posts
FWIW, i got an Exide 800CCA battery from Home Depot for $99 for my G37. next best i found had 750CCA for $150+ ...

didnt even know they sold car batteries before i bought it. lol

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,484 Posts
FWIW, i got an Exide 800CCA battery from Home Depot for $99 for my G37. next best i found had 750CCA for $150+ ...

didnt even know they sold car batteries before i bought it. lol
Home Depot's website has a feature for fitment. I've had no luck for a Q60RS

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks, @testrage!

Sorry I’m late to the party. Dealing with some personal stuff at the moment.

BUT, the part number for the battery found in the catalog will always say discontinued. It’s a stupid nuance of the catalog that they never use that part number.

You’ll have to use 999M1-QC24F or 999M1-QB24F. If memory serves, the 24 series reverse terminal battery is the correct one.

Now, keep in mind, no one will ship a battery due to the packaging required and the strict HazMat laws involved.

For those who want to avoid the dealership, by the Interstate brand. Interstate is the manufacturer of Nissan, Infiniti, Honda, and Acura batteries. When they arrive to the dealership, it’s an Interstate truck and employee hat shows up with batteries having the brand label.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
You can use a Q50 for a refrence as they use the same battery. Like wise, most dealerships re brand batteries as Inifiniti Batteries. (OEM is Panasonic, we use Interstate) and they are better than the OEM. As long as it meets specs, OEMS allow rebrands and allows the prorated warranty. Our Interstate battiers have higher CCA than the ones that come in the car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My car is at the stealership now getting the battery replaced.... $430! Suck me sideways! That’s more then my car payment!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts