Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,490 Posts
WHAT! Optima Red Top $199 w/ next day Amazon Prime and 15 minutes of my time. My condolences on your loss :D
Were you able to change the battery without losing any settings?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,490 Posts
Yes, I hook a battery charger to the terminals prior to removal and leave in place while I execute the swap.
Have you noticed the positive post under the hood on the driver's side that's part of the fuse box? I'm wondering if that could be used to run current through during battery replacement.

Reactions: WShade

·
Registered
162 Posts
What settings are normally lost when the battery is disconnected?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Have you noticed the positive post under the hood on the driver's side that's part of the fuse box? I'm wondering if that could be used to run current through during battery replacement.
Yes, I saw it and would assume so. I would rather just keep a full 12v at the terminals and behind the fusible link on the terminal itself. I have never had an issue with any of my Nissan's and never lost any settings.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,490 Posts
What settings are normally lost when the battery is disconnected?
Never had the battery disconnected on my Q60, but in many cars you lose your radio presets.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I remember the Dealership telling me when I bought the vehicle that they preset setup, different from factory reset. So if this is true then a reset of all setup would occur unless their using flash memory or an internal rear / write hard drive.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Update on my battery from the stealership. Final Bill was $397.42. No labor cost. Cost of brand new OEM battery. $359.99. Crazy expensive. But it’s done. Also this is from the invoice. What else was done to the car. Any other Q60 bro’s has this problem?...

CUSTOMER STATES HE WAS DRIVING THE CAR DIES AND WOULD NOT RESTART. NO CRANK.
PLEASE CHECK AND ADVISE
PUSHED CAR IN AND CHECKED FOR CODES HAD LOW VOLTAGE CODES CAN COMMUNICATION. INSTALLED NEW BATTERY AND CHECKED FOR FUEL, SPARK, AIR. FOUND NO FUEL IN THE LINES. TESTED FOR POWER/GROUND FOUND 15AMP FUSE BLOWN FOR FUEL PUMP. INSTALLED NEW FUSE WITH PUMP DISCONNECTED AND FUSE BLEW. INSTALLED NEW FUSE AND DISCONNECTED FUEL PUMP CONTROLLER AND FUSE WAS GOOD FOUND INTERNAL SHORT IN FUEL PUMP CONTROLLER HAVE TO REPLACE INSTALLED NEW FUEL PUMP CONTROLLER CONNECTED FUEL PUMP AND VEHICLE STARTED. FOUND CODES SET PAST FAULT. CLEARED CODES. TEST DROVE VEHICLE NO CODES RESET RUNNING NORMALLY.

·
Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
I can confirm that any aftermarket 24F series reverse terminal battery will work with no issues. Had to replace my battery earlier this week and took it to Sam's. Splurged on a gel based battery (vs the $100 lead one) and the car has been fine ever since. I spent about $160 in the end with tax.

·
Registered
52 Posts
!!!

Update on my battery from the stealership. Final Bill was $397.42. No labor cost. Cost of brand new OEM battery. $359.99. Crazy expensive. But it’s done. Also this is from the invoice. What else was done to the car. Any other Q60 bro’s has this problem?...

CUSTOMER STATES HE WAS DRIVING THE CAR DIES AND WOULD NOT RESTART. NO CRANK.
PLEASE CHECK AND ADVISE
PUSHED CAR IN AND CHECKED FOR CODES HAD LOW VOLTAGE CODES CAN COMMUNICATION. INSTALLED NEW BATTERY AND CHECKED FOR FUEL, SPARK, AIR. FOUND NO FUEL IN THE LINES. TESTED FOR POWER/GROUND FOUND 15AMP FUSE BLOWN FOR FUEL PUMP. INSTALLED NEW FUSE WITH PUMP DISCONNECTED AND FUSE BLEW. INSTALLED NEW FUSE AND DISCONNECTED FUEL PUMP CONTROLLER AND FUSE WAS GOOD FOUND INTERNAL SHORT IN FUEL PUMP CONTROLLER HAVE TO REPLACE INSTALLED NEW FUEL PUMP CONTROLLER CONNECTED FUEL PUMP AND VEHICLE STARTED. FOUND CODES SET PAST FAULT. CLEARED CODES. TEST DROVE VEHICLE NO CODES RESET RUNNING NORMALLY.
wow....that is f*cked up. **** dealers. $360 for a battery that should be 1/4th the price.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts

FOUND INTERNAL SHORT IN FUEL PUMP CONTROLLER HAVE TO REPLACE INSTALLED NEW FUEL PUMP CONTROLLER CONNECTED FUEL PUMP AND VEHICLE STARTED. FOUND CODES SET PAST FAULT. CLEARED CODES. TEST DROVE VEHICLE NO CODES RESET RUNNING NORMALLY.
I would argue with the dealership that the internal short in the fuel controller was likely drawing down the battery prior to causing the driveability issue, so in effect, the short prematurely caused the battery to fail, and therefore, warranty should also cover the cost of the battery.

But that's me... :nerd:

Reactions: testrage

·
Registered
187 Posts
What's with this battery issue?? I recently received an email from my Infiniti dealership saying it was time to consider replacing the battery. True, it is 36 months old, but I normally get much longer service from a battery. Is the OEM that poor?

·
Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
What's with this battery issue?? I recently received an email from my Infiniti dealership saying it was time to consider replacing the battery. True, it is 36 months old, but I normally get much longer service from a battery. Is the OEM that poor?
In my case at least it's because my car doesn't get driven much anymore and prior to the battery being changed had sat for 4-5 weeks without being driven requiring a jump start when I went to drive it again. Plus it doesn't help that when it gets driven, it's shorter drives where the car doesn't always get a chance to charge the battery unless I go out of my way to drive at highway speeds just to charge the battery up (which I have done).

·
Registered
1,215 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Agreed! I have two, but older versions.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,490 Posts
It's very poor if the fluid level isn't maintained

·
Registered
187 Posts
True! I do check it and it was surprisingly low awhile back.

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
So just checking an Optima OPT8020-164 35 RedTop Starting Battery is the one to get, if you go the Optima route? Has anyone installed this battery and knows it will fit? Thanks in advance.....

·
Registered
190 Posts
So just checking an Optima OPT8020-164 35 RedTop Starting Battery is the one to get, if you go the Optima route? Has anyone installed this battery and knows it will fit? Thanks in advance.....
Yes and yes. It is just a tad bit smaller than the OEM. I currently have one in my Q50 and had several in my 370Z. The Q60 takes the same battery.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts