Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Feeling my way around my new acquisition (2017 Q60). I noticed the battery water level was low, so I'm going to refill it. Since it's 3 years old...

• How long are you guys finding these OEM batteries last on a daily driver? 4 years, less?
  • None of the battery sites would list a Q60 battery. But the physical measurements suggests a group 35 should fit. Can someone confirm?
  • I used to get Optima and thought was worth the extra $$. But on my last car, it died exactly one month out of warranty. Was that a fluke or are they not as good now?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,207 Posts
Feeling my way around my new acquisition (2017 Q60). I noticed the battery water level was low, so I'm going to refill it. Since it's 3 years old...

• How long are you guys finding these OEM batteries last on a daily driver? 4 years, less?
  • None of the battery sites would list a Q60 battery. But the physical measurements suggests a group 35 should fit. Can someone confirm?
  • I used to get Optima and thought was worth the extra $$. But on my last car, it died exactly one month out of warranty. Was that a fluke or are they not as good now?
I check my OEM battery fluid level every 3 months and usually have to add some water. Mine has been going strong since Dec. 2016, but I also keep it on a Battery Tender.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I check my OEM battery fluid level every 3 months and usually have to add some water. Mine has been going strong since Dec. 2016, but I also keep it on a Battery Tender.
Same here, mostly driven on trips from Central California to Las Vegas about 400 miles one way and I keep it on a battery tender when parked for long stretches of time. Then yesterday while in Las Vegas the wife was downtown and the car would not start. Having not used the local LV Infiniti dealer here before I was pleasantly surprised by their service. They sent a tow truck to jump my car and the wife drove it to the dealership. They replaced the battery under warranty with no hassles. Battery was exactly 3years old and has 28500 miles on it. The battery and charging system tested good but since I had one other instance with the battery dying they replaced it under warranty and no charge. Kudos to Las Vegas Infiniti. So far so good...

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,207 Posts
Same here, mostly driven on trips from Central California to Las Vegas about 400 miles one way and I keep it on a battery tender when parked for long stretches of time. Then yesterday while in Las Vegas the wife was downtown and the car would not start. Having not used the local LV Infiniti dealer here before I was pleasantly surprised by their service. They sent a tow truck to jump my car and the wife drove it to the dealership. They replaced the battery under warranty with no hassles. Battery was exactly 3years old and has 28500 miles on it. The battery and charging system tested good but since I had one other instance with the battery dying they replaced it under warranty and no charge. Kudos to Las Vegas Infiniti. So far so good...
High ambient temps are battery killers. Pretty sweet that the dealership replaced it for free.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
High ambient temps are battery killers. Pretty sweet that the dealership replaced it for free.
Yeah, nothing like driving just south of Death Valley all the time. LOL And sometimes after a stop in Vegas we go see family in Phoenix. LV dealership really went out of their way, very nice people. ?

·
Super Moderator
2,103 Posts

I used a 24F series reverse terminal with no issues. I'm not sure about group 35 but I figure as long as it can fit in the battery compartment and is reverse terminal, you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I used a 24F series reverse terminal with no issues. I'm not sure about group 35 but I figure as long as it can fit in the battery compartment and is reverse terminal, you should be fine.
Since y'all are fantastic about sharing knowledge and I've leeched quite a bit from lurking here, I wanted to provide confirmation on the Group 35 aftermarket batteries in regards to their use in the Q60RS400.

I was looking for an Optima Red Top to replace my completely dead battery. It was on its way out before stay-at-home orders and I didn't learn about battery tenders until reviewing this thread. I now own both a small tender and the Optima charger, having thought it might bring my OEM battery back to life. Note that you don't need both, as the Optima charger also has a tender mode.

I ended up with the X2Power Premium AGM BCI Group 35 Car and Truck Battery, which I decided on because it is made in the USA, has better performance specs than Optima, double the warranty at 6 yrs, and ridiculously good reviews on the Batteries+Bulbs website. With the 10% online order discount, it costs $259.99.

It was ready for pickup at the store in 15 minutes and they brought it out to the car and took my core return.

Great experience with this shop, and I'm super happy with the crisp, powerful starts I'm getting with this battery.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,207 Posts
@pel0quin From which store did you purchase the battery? I've got an Optimate for my CBR1000S1 as it came with an OEM LiFePO4. I use a Battery Tender on the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I've been trying to get my battery replaced but no luck yet. I have a 2017 Q60 AWD 3.0L. All stores are not able to find a 2017 Q60 in their system. Costco was the only one which recommended an Interstate (Size 35 CCA 640) battery which is for $90.

The dealership could special order the OEM battery which would cost $565!!!! Obviously not doing that!

So my question for the pros here is.... Should I go with the Costco recommended battery? Or should I look for a battery elsewhere by providing them the exact specs of the battery?
Also, since Costco doesn't do replacement, I would need to change the battery myself. Any YouTube videos recommended that would guide me through it? At first glance it looks a bit complicated due to it having a cover on top.

All help is much appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since y'all are fantastic about sharing knowledge and I've leeched quite a bit from lurking here, I wanted to provide confirmation on the Group 35 aftermarket batteries in regards to their use in the Q60RS400.

I was looking for an Optima Red Top to replace my completely dead battery. It was on its way out before stay-at-home orders and I didn't learn about battery tenders until reviewing this thread. I now own both a small tender and the Optima charger, having thought it might bring my OEM battery back to life. Note that you don't need both, as the Optima charger also has a tender mode.

I ended up with the X2Power Premium AGM BCI Group 35 Car and Truck Battery, which I decided on because it is made in the USA, has better performance specs than Optima, double the warranty at 6 yrs, and ridiculously good reviews on the Batteries+Bulbs website. With the 10% online order discount, it costs $259.99.

It was ready for pickup at the store in 15 minutes and they brought it out to the car and took my core return.

Great experience with this shop, and I'm super happy with the crisp, powerful starts I'm getting with this battery.

View attachment 22912
How has this battery worked out for you? I am considering this for my 2017 Q50 Premium 3.0T.

·
Registered
398 Posts
So is there a consensus when our Q60 Batteries need to be replaced?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,207 Posts
So is there a consensus when our Q60 Batteries need to be replaced?
I've not replaced mine and I took delivery in Dec. 2016. It's a conventional lead/acid battery that requires maintenance.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Battery completely dead, didn't see a good generic type replacement so negotiated with local dealership for $462 plus for parts, install, taxes or total costs. I live outsdie of District of Columbia and our costs are typically higher then the rest of the USA.

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,207 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Not sure why there isnt any info on batteries but if you look up the Battery for the 3.7 Q50, it will work for the 3.0 Q50 and Q60. Same as the G37 batteries. At my dealer, we use the same battery for everything with a VQ, VR and VCT. Also most battires from dealers are white label from a local supplier for example Interstate battiers.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Attached is pics. Looks completely different but its a standard lead/acid battery with a single eye versus what I had before which was the classic screw off the 6 caps to add water.

Flipped 180 degrees

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,207 Posts
41 - 59 of 59 Posts