Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Courtesy of de Nysschen we now know there will be a new Q60 coupe AT LEAST befroe 2018. Thanks for nothing ;)

The Q60 coupé will be an evolution of the Q50 saloon,” said de Neysschen. “The car’s been pushed back as we need to fix the design language. We need more cohesion in our design language across the range.”

“The Q50 has shown a signal of our design language, “ he said, “But we’ll develop that with a more prominent shoulder line and a strong wedge.”
Infiniti to launch five new models by 2018 | Auto Express

·
Registered
228 Posts
So in other words we'll see it closer to 2018, i was looking forward to something to release in 2016, looks like that won't happen. But at least in the end we'll have something epic to get from Infiniti. seeing how crazy the Q50 Eau Rouge is, the high performing next gen Q60 should at least 1 up it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So, what are they going to do, keep selling the 2008 G-coupe until 2018? That would be nuts, plus the Q50 sedan launched for the 2014 model year, so that would be a 4 year gap between the coupe and the sedan. Maybe they roll out 1 or 2 new models per year leading up to 2018. I'm still going my prediction of a 2016 model year launch for Q60.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I thought Infiniti wanted to compete with the other brands. Audi released the new S5, Lexus will launch the new RC350, and BMW has their new 4 series. Meanwhile at Infiniti, they have the 2008 G-Coupe. They need to get the new Q60 out ASAP.

·
Registered
95 Posts
So does that mean that the Q60 will be just a coupe version of the Q50? Will it be bigger or smaller than the Q50?

2018 is still 4 years away now. That still seems like a long time from now. I hope that the QX50 gets some attention and is on the docket as well.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, what are they going to do, keep selling the 2008 G-coupe until 2018? That would be nuts, plus the Q50 sedan launched for the 2014 model year, so that would be a 4 year gap between the coupe and the sedan. Maybe they roll out 1 or 2 new models per year leading up to 2018. I'm still going my prediction of a 2016 model year launch for Q60.
agreed, keep in mind the article says 4 new cars before 2018, doesnt mention the order. Based off assumptions, Q30 is first (this year), next Q60 (I see perhaps a 2015 reveal) and then flagship and halo before '18..

·
Registered
228 Posts
It still sort of hints to the Q60 being pushed. But we'll have to wait for more info on that.
First I think they might even unveil a concept and not just go straight to photo's and the production model.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm curious if Infiniti has plans to release an all new model in 2014. The Q50 launched last year and I'm seeing reports that the Q30 will launch in 2015 followed by the Q60. Does that mean we'll have an entire year of... nothing? :confused:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm curious if Infiniti has plans to release an all new model in 2014. The Q50 launched last year and I'm seeing reports that the Q30 will launch in 2015 followed by the Q60. Does that mean we'll have an entire year of... nothing? :confused:
I doubt it. Automakers are coming out with new models as if their lives depended on it. I think it would be a mistake for Infiniti to not release anything new this year.

Audi is coming out with 11 new models by 2020, so Infiniti should be able to do 4 by 2018.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not quite, the Q30 is supposed to be a model year 2015, so should be on sale by say Q3 2014. The production version is supposed to debut at geneva i beleive...

·
Registered
225 Posts
there's a chance we can see something at the upcoming chicago auto show in the next couple weeks! hopefully the Q30 shows up their in production form.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think I'll grow old before the new Q60 comes out.

Might just have to buy a Q50 by then because I'll probably have a kid by then -__-

·
Registered
116 Posts
the next Q60 will be worth the wait, just going off of the info about it. might as well drive something fun in the mean time, waiting can be painful

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the next Q60 will be worth the wait, just going off of the info about it. might as well drive something fun in the mean time, waiting can be painful
I hope so, that segment is getting crowded. The new 4 is mean and even Lexus new RC is beastly. They need to be careful their client base doesn't slip away...

·
Registered
364 Posts
hold onto your G37s.

They are still great cars.

Until they figure out that DAS system I'll hold tight

Nissan/Infiniti seems like like to complicate things taht don't need to be complicated

(DAS/CVT)
cough cough

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah what CFRP said.

The G37's are still close enough to Q50's and probably the Q60. best to wait it out till things improve and it reaches it's peak.

being an early adopter is not always a good thing

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
these strange rebadged '14 G37 Q60's could become a collectors item someday... LOL

I even forgot about the new ATS coupe, Cadilalc is very dangerous to Infiniti here. Caddy is seeing something like a 50% conquest rate on the ATS, as in 50% of all ATS buyers are coming from other brands. ATS coupe could really take advantage of a long in the tooth Q60...

·
Registered
364 Posts
it is possible

infiniti just needs to release the cars faster if its possible for them. the longer they wait

the more customers they will loose.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts