Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I just picked up a Q 60 last week and I would love to do some minds that would genuinely make the car better in regards to performance and longevity

I am new to the whole car thing and I’m not very good with cars but this will be the first start of my learning curve.

I’ve done some research and I’ve heard getting A BOV is great as wel as cold air intakes/hear exchangers etc

so with that being said which ones do you guys think I should get? AMS?
Has anyone had any bad experiences when they added cold air intake or BOV‘s

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Also get Add W1 OCC V3.3 to minimize carbon build.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,498 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,498 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t
109 Posts
Bov install is a pain. The rear hose to the intake manifold is a real piece of work. I can probably uninstall or install in half hour now but when I first installed it, took about two hours. HKS or Turbosmart are the only options. If I knew before, I'd have gone with Turbosmart as it sounds better in my opinion, I am not a big fan of that high pitch squeal HKS has (gold fin, I have a purple fin though).
Intake depends. If you are looking for a gain of any sort, AMS all the way. If not, Stillen makes the most noise as far as I know but be prepared to make some adjustment (there is a forum member who explained this to be able to not cause any issues with Stillen, I think his name was Logan, search the forum). I've heard AFe Takeda intake on youtube it seems to be pretty loud noise on that too but I haven't seen many who installed them, probably because it's pretty much in AMS price territory. AEM and BMS are okay too but you'd be sucking hot air at that point.

If you are doing oil catch can, don't buy front strut bar, both won't fit as far as I know. Rear sway bar I have (Stillen) is awesome, tightened a lot of rear sway.

If you are planning on lowering etc, RSR is a good option and don't forget to get adjustable control arm so you can adjust front camber.

And exhaust, major restriction in the y pipe and mid pipe I heard. Usually Z1, AMS or FI LDP seems to be the choice. For catback, variety of quality stuff, Motordyne, FI, HKS Legamax, Invidia Gemini and if you feel like you need to spend crapload, GTHaus Meisterschaft comes to mind.

Tires need to be swapped out too, if you have that stock Dunlop, dump them and get some Michelin or Continentals.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t
109 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bov install is a pain. The rear hose to the intake manifold is a real piece of work. I can probably uninstall or install in half hour now but when I first installed it, took about two hours. HKS or Turbosmart are the only options. If I knew before, I'd have gone with Turbosmart as it sounds better in my opinion, I am not a big fan of that high pitch squeal HKS has (gold fin, I have a purple fin though).
Intake depends. If you are looking for a gain of any sort, AMS all the way. If not, Stillen makes the most noise as far as I know but be prepared to make some adjustment (there is a forum member who explained this to be able to not cause any issues with Stillen, I think his name was Logan, search the forum). I've heard AFe Takeda intake on youtube it seems to be pretty loud noise on that too but I haven't seen many who installed them, probably because it's pretty much in AMS price territory. AEM and BMS are okay too but you'd be sucking hot air at that point.

If you are doing oil catch can, don't buy front strut bar, both won't fit as far as I know. Rear sway bar I have (Stillen) is awesome, tightened a lot of rear sway.

If you are planning on lowering etc, RSR is a good option and don't forget to get adjustable control arm so you can adjust front camber.

And exhaust, major restriction in the y pipe and mid pipe I heard. Usually Z1, AMS or FI LDP seems to be the choice. For catback, variety of quality stuff, Motordyne, FI, HKS Legamax, Invidia Gemini and if you feel like you need to spend crapload, GTHaus Meisterschaft comes to mind.

Tires need to be swapped out too, if you have that stock Dunlop, dump them and get some Michelin or Continentals.
Thanks for all the info man! I heard hks was the way to go it seems like so many people go for that one. Yah I got rid of the tires I got my Michilen sports as3 plus all seasons.

whats the purpose of a sway bar? Never had one in any car is it worth it?

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t
109 Posts
Thanks for all the info man! I heard hks was the way to go it seems like so many people go for that one. Yah I got rid of the tires I got my Michilen sports as3 plus all seasons.

whats the purpose of a sway bar? Never had one in any car is it worth it?
I always felt like my rear end is fish tailing a little. I put stillen rear sway bar with spl sway bar link (was recommended to do with it by IridiumRS400) and it is planted and tight now. Steering feels a little better too.
HKS was the way to go because when bov kit came out first that was the only one available 😂 consider turbosmart bov kit as well, either way it goes both are quality products. I actually got a hks bov in black cheaper on different website with a coupon and got torque solution bov kit. Bov kit was 120 and hks ssqv bov was 189.99 a piece, ended up doing it all at 500 bucks, which is a bit of saving vs buying directly from Z1 as a whole kit

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I always felt like my rear end is fish tailing a little. I put stillen rear sway bar with spl sway bar link (was recommended to do with it by IridiumRS400) and it is planted and tight now. Steering feels a little better too.
HKS was the way to go because when bov kit came out first that was the only one available 😂 consider turbosmart bov kit as well, either way it goes both are quality products. I actually got a hks bov in black cheaper on different website with a coupon and got torque solution bov kit. Bov kit was 120 and hks ssqv bov was 189.99 a piece, ended up doing it all at 500 bucks, which is a bit of saving vs buying directly from Z1 as a whole kit
Oh interesting maybe I should look into a sway bar as well- I want to star modding my car to get better performance and etc. Now that I almost have the outside looking the way I want... how much did read sway bars run you? And with your bovs did you notice it affected the performance at all? I only heard a few people in comments sections saying it made their turbo lag even more etc

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t
109 Posts
Oh interesting maybe I should look into a sway bar as well- I want to star modding my car to get better performance and etc. Now that I almost have the outside looking the way I want... how much did read sway bars run you? And with your bovs did you notice it affected the performance at all? I only heard a few people in comments sections saying it made their turbo lag even more etc
Eh, turbo lags, I haven’t noticed. It makes some cool noise while you are given a peace of mind that turbos will last longer vs without. Sway bar I think it was about 200 and another 160 for the link I believe. If you have rwd, you can actually get stillen front and rear for under 400 and same with awd with Hotchkis but a little over 400.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Eh, turbo lags, I haven’t noticed. It makes some cool noise while you are given a peace of mind that turbos will last longer vs without. Sway bar I think it was about 200 and another 160 for the link I believe. If you have rwd, you can actually get stillen front and rear for under 400 and same with awd with Hotchkis but a little over 400.
Yah I really want to get bovs for literally the sound. But knowing it helps turbos last longer is also nice. And ok I see I have awd- maybe I’ll add that to the bucket list.
Did you get a cold air intake as well?

·
Registered
2017 Q60 3.0T Premium
7 Posts
Hey guys so I just picked up a Q 60 last week and I would love to do some minds that would genuinely make the car better in regards to performance and longevity

I am new to the whole car thing and I’m not very good with cars but this will be the first start of my learning curve.

I’ve done some research and I’ve heard getting A BOV is great as wel as cold air intakes/hear exchangers etc

so with that being said which ones do you guys think I should get? AMS?
Has anyone had any bad experiences when they added cold air intake or BOV‘s

thanks in advance!
I'm happy with my AMS intakes, AMS Heat Exchanger and HKS BOV kit. However, as someone mentioned above the BOV can be a bit of a pain, but is doable. Bent nose (long AND short) were a HUGE help. I have a short tips and tricks vid on youtube somewhere on it. But other than that, congrats on the car! Enjoy it!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm happy with my AMS intakes, AMS Heat Exchanger and HKS BOV kit. However, as someone mentioned above the BOV can be a bit of a pain, but is doable. Bent nose (long AND short) were a HUGE help. I have a short tips and tricks vid on youtube somewhere on it. But other than that, congrats on the car! Enjoy it!
I don’t like to do work myself on cars so in that cas so would actually pay someone to install it haha and thank you! Been good so far. Hopefully they upgrade the transmissions in the future to be even better

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t
109 Posts
I don’t like to do work myself on cars so in that cas so would actually pay someone to install it haha and thank you! Been good so far. Hopefully they upgrade the transmissions in the future to be even better
BOV is a good way to up your wrenching skills. I suck at working on my own car but bov is doable. Just because you’ll have to take it off to take it to the dealer, it wouldn’t be bad to practice on it to do it on your own

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BOV is a good way to up your wrenching skills. I suck at working on my own car but bov is doable. Just because you’ll have to take it off to take it to the dealer, it wouldn’t be bad to practice on it to do it on your own
Ahhh I see so the dealer wouldn’t notice if you took it off then hey

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t
109 Posts
Ahhh I see so the dealer wouldn’t notice if you took it off then hey
They shouldn’t. It doesn’t really connect anything to ecu so should not leave any trace. I get lazy these days so thinking of leaving on if I have to take it to the dealer but everyone here says take it off. They will usually make a note of you having a bov and won’t even tell you they did

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They shouldn’t. It doesn’t really connect anything to ecu so should not leave any trace. I get lazy these days so thinking of leaving on if I have to take it to the dealer but everyone here says take it off. They will usually make a note of you having a bov and won’t even tell you they did
Ahh man that’s super annoying! Do you or have you ever installed the jb4? If so how was your experience with it?

again lots of mixed reviews hahah

1 - 20 of 20 Posts