Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
1. I have no idea what I paid for it, but it must have been reasonable at the time.
2. Since I purchased my Q60 in December of 2016, there may not have been another pair of straight pipes available at the time from another manufacturer.
3. The dealership installed them and warrantied them.
4. The Infiniti tips are double walled for extra pleasure
Got ya....how is the sounds compared to the OEM muffler?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,506 Posts
Got ya....how is the sounds compared to the OEM muffler?
So for the first 25 seconds of a cold start on a Q60, the majority of the exhaust bypasses the turbos. During that time it's loud AF. I have a townhouse and the garage is on the first floor below my living room. When I remote start from my living room, not only can I hear the exhaust, I feel the vibration through the floor.

After 25 seconds the exhaust flows through the turbos which act as mufflers and the sound quiets down. When you're cruising on the highway you can't hear the pipes over the road noise, but once you apply any throttle at all, you hear the exhaust.

Reactions: 2021Q60RS400

·
Registered
46 Posts
So for the first 25 seconds of a cold start on a Q60, the majority of the exhaust bypasses the turbos. During that time it's loud AF. I have a townhouse and the garage is on the first floor below my living room. When I remote start from my living room, not only can I hear the exhaust, I feel the vibration through the floor.

After 25 seconds the exhaust flows through the turbos which act as mufflers and the sound quiets down. When you're cruising on the highway you can't hear the pipes over the road noise, but once you apply any throttle at all, you hear the exhaust.
Is it a healthy deep tone loud or a raspy loud when you apply throttle? Over all are you happy with it or do you have 2nd thoughts about it sometimes?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,506 Posts
Is it a healthy deep tone loud or a raspy loud when you apply throttle? Over all are you happy with it or do you have 2nd thoughts about it sometimes?
It's deep, I wouldn't say it's raspy. There's a video posted on the forum somewhere (not mine) where the owner stands behind his car at night and does a remote cold start. It's during the winter and you can see water vapor exit the exhaust and you can hear a friend react to the exhaust.

The only time I have second thoughts is when I start the car early in the morning and I'm pretty sure the neighbors can hear it, though no one has ever complained.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,506 Posts
Found it

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was also considering the HE upgrade, but since my only mods will likely be an exhaust and a tune, after reading this I may skip it. Do you have an upgraded HE on your RS Bevo?
A tune is going to increase your boost levels, which means more heat from the turbos will be produced. A heat exchanger should definitely be done before/with the tune. If not you'll be even more susceptible to heat soak after the tune.

·
Registered
46 Posts
A tune is going to increase your boost levels, which means more heat from the turbos will be produced. A heat exchanger should definitely be done before/with the tune. If not you'll be even more susceptible to heat soak after the tune.
Yeah, I get that from all the reading I've done so far. HE before tune if I decide to go that route... thanks for the input 🙏

·
Registered
46 Posts
AMS HE. I would buy it here:

2017 INFINITI Q60 Ams Red Alpha Heat Exchanger. Motorsport, Engine, Components - 21410-ALPHE | INFINITI, Nashua NH

View attachment 23825

It's the same HE I have installed in my Q.

$629 is the best price you'll find.

I had my dealership install it - 4.5 hrs @ $140/hr. I got a 1-yr/12k mile labor warranty, too.
Did you get the auxiliary and expansion tanks as well? Or only the HE? $629 is a killer deal for the AMS HE, think I'm gonna pull the trigger 🔫

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Did you get the auxiliary and expansion tanks as well? Or only the HE? $629 is a killer deal for the AMS HE, think I'm gonna pull the trigger 🔫
No, just the Infiniti-branded AMS HE.

Go for it! You'll really notice the difference in back-to-back pulls.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts