Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this would be an interesting thread. So what is the best reason to buy an Infiniti Q50? And what is the best reason not to?

Best reason to buy a Q50: The features. If it's like the Q50, it'll have features galore. ie. Digital Environment, Infiniti Connection, Infiniti InTouch, BOSE® Audio, Back-Up Collision Intervention, Safety Shield, Around View® Monitor

Best reason not to buy: Release date is 2016. So much time to wait. It might be better to just buy the rebadged G37 coupe than waiting 3 years.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I think you mean Q60 and not Q50.

The 2014-2015 Q60 is pointless to buy unless you don't own a G37 and really want one, then get it. If not and you own a G37, there shouldn't be any significant upgrades to make it worth "upgrading"

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you mean Q60 and not Q50.

The 2014-2015 Q60 is pointless to buy unless you don't own a G37 and really want one, then get it. If not and you own a G37, there shouldn't be any significant upgrades to make it worth "upgrading"
Yes, you are right. I confuse myself sometimes.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Good reason to buy the Q60.....if you want a really nice looking coupe, the q60 should be it, just look at the q50, it's beautiful. the 2 year wait is going to kill people but seeing official pictures and information before it releases will help people decide if they want it, for now, the g37 is good enough.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well just depends on how practical of a car you need. If you plan to be using it for more than just two passengers on a daily basis or a good 75% of the time during the week maybe the Q60 might not be the best since its inconvenient for the passengers to get in and out of the rear.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well just depends on how practical of a car you need. If you plan to be using it for more than just two passengers on a daily basis or a good 75% of the time during the week maybe the Q60 might not be the best since its inconvenient for the passengers to get in and out of the rear.
This is a disadvantage for anyone who buys a 2 door coupe. If anyone complains about that, they might as well buy the Q50.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Best reason to not buy an Infiniti Q60 is that you can find used G37's in really good condition for reasonable prices and you don't have to worry about the issues that come with a totally new car, also since warranty isn't as lengthy on a used car it gives you more of a reason to do modifications without worrying ;)

Best reason to buy a Q60, it will look far better than the G35 and G37 and have all the technology you want and need.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Best reason to not buy an Infiniti Q60 is that you can find used G37's in really good condition for reasonable prices and you don't have to worry about the issues that come with a totally new car, also since warranty isn't as lengthy on a used car it gives you more of a reason to do modifications without worrying ;)

Best reason to buy a Q60, it will look far better than the G35 and G37 and have all the technology you want and need.
Looking closely at the current infiniti G37 sedan I could see where the Q50 comes from. It still holds very similar lines, you can tell the Q50 is the newer model. the thing is that not every one will be buying it for modifying. The warranty is still important especially for a second hand car with some mileage.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Once the infiniti Q50 hits the production line and is released those G37 sedans will be very cheap to buy. For the used car market if your in to buying second hand than that will be a good time. I personally don't like buying used cars because i don't know how the previous owners treated the vehicle. unless I can get a paper trail of the service records and documents.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Best reason to buy the a Q60 is that it's new. It will be packed with technology features and a lot of first production kinks will have been worked out with the Q50 that had been released years before.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Best reason to buy the a Q60 is that it's new. It will be packed with technology features and a lot of first production kinks will have been worked out with the Q50 that had been released years before.
good point, the Q60 starting 2 years later than the Q50 will help it be a better car overall, but so far that will just be for what ever Q60 model is consistent with a future Q60 model. Seems like an IPL version of the Q coupe/sedan will start with the Q60 so the whole process of working out kinks and what not will start all over again with the IPL version.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a feeling infiniti might plan to make IPL editions of the four sedan Q50 as well. And since the Q50 will be on its way out to the public first the Q50 IPL will be out before the Q60 IPL because of its delay.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Still no explanation on the Q60. How difficult can it be to release the coupe version. I won't settle for the Q50 sedan since there is no option for a manual transmission. At the end of the day I'm guessing the coupe won't be all that different besides the obvious.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Once the infiniti Q50 hits the production line and is released those G37 sedans will be very cheap to buy. For the used car market if your in to buying second hand than that will be a good time. I personally don't like buying used cars because i don't know how the previous owners treated the vehicle. unless I can get a paper trail of the service records and documents.
For some people, buying used isn't even considered no matter how much cheaper it is than new. I know cause I'm one of them. :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
i am the same way, yes it is cheap but the depreciation begins to drop real fast and you don't have the same warranty anymore. Maintenance cost will be more that time around, more things to look at and replace. Buying new is the way to go.

Good point!

But some people have a budget and buying a new $40K car is not one. Seeing how much the depreciation is for infiniti some might just wait even for a couple months for it to drop a couple bucks. These new Q60 will sell like hot cakes though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
good point, the Q60 starting 2 years later than the Q50 will help it be a better car overall, but so far that will just be for what ever Q60 model is consistent with a future Q60 model. Seems like an IPL version of the Q coupe/sedan will start with the Q60 so the whole process of working out kinks and what not will start all over again with the IPL version.
With so much speculation on the IPL model I just hope we don't get too excited and to be let down by Infiniti. Everything about the IPL at the moment is just grinding up in the rumor mill. I wouldn't think too much about it although that is whats needed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a feeling infiniti might plan to make IPL editions of the four sedan Q50 as well. And since the Q50 will be on its way out to the public first the Q50 IPL will be out before the Q60 IPL because of its delay.
Funny thing is that there is a rumor about the 4 door infiniti GTR too. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts