Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Best tuner for 2017 Q60 RS (warranty friendly)

9K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  gipsonke 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I've trade through several threads here and an still a little up on the air. I want an easy to load tune that is also easy to unload if the car needs to visit the dealership and hopefully doesn't leave a trace. I know I won't get Max horsepower but it looks like 50+hp is still easy with these on 93 pump from my reading.

As of right now, that in mind, what's the best option? Thanks so much in advance for your advice and opinions.

-Stew

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I know @IridiumRS400 used @Seb over at Specialty Z in Chatsworth, CA just outside of L.A. and says he's really good. A conservative tune on 93 pump gas. I called and talked to him and he seemed extremely knowledgeable about the VR30 platform which we all know is extremely important.

IF I get a tune it will definitely be him, especially since I'm local.

No matter what ECU tune you get it will leave a binary trail that can be detected because the Ecutek tune at least, adds proprietary custom code to mitigate boost spikes, among other things. IF Nissan wants to, as the basis for denying a warranty claim, they can use special equipment to detect the tune, but I believe they have to bring it into the dealership from outside?

I'm leaning at this point towards a piggyback unit (JB4) as it's practically undetectable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
There's no such thing as a tune that won't leave a trace. JB4 will probably be your cheapest and easiest option, but you're right; you won't et max performance out of that.

Reactions: gipsonke
#6 ·
Is it possible though with JB4 to erase the "freeze frame" data from the ECU so that the changed boost levels, etc are not detected?

I know anything on the ECU is going to change things at the binary level so the ECU checksums will not match the factory tune.

#8 ·
jb4 was pretty much designed for what your asking. you can probably get more power if you up the boost levels. i think the stock jb4 settings is only 3psi+ over stock for redsports.

i would just get the infiniti branded ams intakes and ams hx and jb4 and call it a day.

Reactions: 14872
#9 ·
JB4 hijack's the map sensor signals so the ECU never sees higher than stock commanded boost levels.....and no flash counter increment so it's by far the most flexible when removed.

#10 ·
Yeah. The burden of proof is on your dealer. For example, if your turbos or even the entire engine blows and you remove the JB4, from a forensics point of view, what does the dealer have to go on at that point?

Okay Mr. Dealer PROVE that there was something on there that caused the failure other than a factory defect.

Boost In Motion has a great video on this very topic: "Will JB4 void your warranty?"

https://youtu.be/b4_oamLZdfk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.