Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wouldn't buy anything from them considering 2016's had entirely different engines and they can't even get their model years right...

·
Registered
639 Posts

I just installed them last week. So far people have been saying they've been seeing cooler intake air temps with them.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I wouldn't buy anything from them considering 2016's had entirely different engines and they can't even get their model years right...
@NINaudio, they make them for 2016+ Q50s and 2017+ Q60s. That's where 2016 comes from.

They have intakes for any trim. and they work with upgraded heat exchangers as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@NINaudio, they make them for 2016+ Q50s and 2017+ Q60s. That's where 2016 comes from.

They have intakes for any trim. and they work with upgraded heat exchangers as well.
Appreciate the feedback. I'm guessing that I'd still need to spend the extra money on a heat exchanger as well? Unless you've seen real numbers that the temps are lower with stock exchanger?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Appreciate the feedback. I'm guessing that I'd still need to spend the extra money on a heat exchanger as well? Unless you've seen real numbers that the temps are lower with stock exchanger?
If you're going for any kind of power upgrade I'd highly recommend upgrading you HX first before going for a tune, DPs, etc. These big mouth intakes are going to affect your intake temperature, so it shouldn't matter what HX you're running.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks @ spyderman7000. I will likely wait a bit as I'm not tuned (or ready to be) just yet. But I'll get there eventually.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Thanks @ spyderman7000. I will likely wait a bit as I'm not tuned (or ready to be) just yet. But I'll get there eventually.
Just fyi, you don't need to be tuned or get a tune after installing intakes. You'd be fine to put them on now if you wanted to.

·
Registered
639 Posts
So now that you've had them over a month, do you think you are getting cooler temps? Do you think they are worth their price?
Honestly, I never data logged before to see the intake temps with my previous intakes, so I can't really give you an answer. For how much they cost....probably not, but....?????

·
Registered
101 Posts
Honestly, I never data logged before to see the intake temps with my previous intakes, so I can't really give you an answer. For how much they cost....probably not, but....?????
Well, thanks for the honesty. I don't know if it will actually do anything but I'm willing to drop a few bucks to try to beat this Florida heat any way I can.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Well, thanks for the honesty. I don't know if it will actually do anything but I'm willing to drop a few bucks to try to beat this Florida heat any way I can.
I'm with ya man. I data logged for the first time driving home from work today (for my upcoming AMS tune), and the intake temps stayed steady at 84°. The car said the outdoor temp was 80°, but we all know how reliable the thermometer on the Qs are. :cautious:. I'm also in FL, by Pensacola.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm with ya man. I data logged for the first time driving home from work today (for my upcoming AMS tune), and the intake temps stayed steady at 84°. The car said the outdoor temp was 80°, but we all know how reliable the thermometer on the Qs are. :cautious:. I'm also in FL, by Pensacola.
I'm way over on the other coast in Port Orange. I have a ton of AMS stuff along with some other goodies but I'm waiting on my cat back from FI before I rip everything apart. I figured why not buy more parts while I'm waiting. BTW, I checked out your IG your car looks great. How much fitting had to be done on your hood and fenders?

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm way over on the other coast in Port Orange. I have a ton of AMS stuff along with some other goodies but I'm waiting on my cat back from FI before I rip everything apart. I figured why not buy more parts while I'm waiting. BTW, I checked out your IG your car looks great. How much fitting had to be done on your hood and fenders?
Thanks man! I didn't do the install on the fenders, but my guy told me that they needed a lot of work, and even then they don't fit great. I think that was due to his lack of skill, unfortunately. They fit almost perfectly with my OEM hood, but when I swapped back to my carbon hood, the fitment was terrible. I need to take it somewhere else to have it looked at again. The hood fit perfectly when I first put it on. Perfectly. Like I said, combining everything is where I started having issues.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks man! I didn't do the install on the fenders, but my guy told me that they needed a lot of work, and even then they don't fit great. I think that was due to his lack of skill, unfortunately. They fit almost perfectly with my OEM hood, but when I swapped back to my carbon hood, the fitment was terrible. I need to take it somewhere else to have it looked at again. The hood fit perfectly when I first put it on. Perfectly. Like I said, combining everything is where I started having issues.
Thanks, I've been looking for a hood but I dont think I would go with the fenders too. They look great but I doubt anyone around here would be able to fit them very well. Maybe if I took the car to Orlando. What kind of hood did you go with? I like the idea of a perfect fit from the factory.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Thanks, I've been looking for a hood but I dont think I would go with the fenders too. They look great but I doubt anyone around here would be able to fit them very well. Maybe if I took the car to Orlando. What kind of hood did you go with? I like the idea of a perfect fit from the factory.
It's the Armore Design hood. I think the fenders are my favorite aesthetic mod I've done to my Q. It'll be perfect once I throw a ton more money at the fitment ???

·
Registered
441 Posts
Nice.

I was actually in the process of fabbing my own (gotta do something to pass the "virus isolation" time). They certainly can't hurt.

I'll probably just pick these up instead and try to get back to my custom sub enclosure...or the walnut blasting...?
Or ?????? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts