Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

First time posting, been lurking a while.

Question is if anyone got a black sports grille from infiniti:
Is there a difference other than the chrome part blacked out?

I'm planning on getting all the chrome deleted by vinyl wrapped and debating whether to purchase the grille or just get the chrome wrapped...

Does anyone have experience with vinyl wrap and the wear and tear on it?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Welcome to the forum Chris. A number of us have the sports grille and there are also folks who have wrapped their grilles. You can see pics of my car in my garage. Maybe it is just the chrome that's blacked out but it always felt like the actual grille middle area is also darker. It could just be the effect of the out chrome being black though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum Chris. A number of us have the sports grille and there are also folks who have wrapped their grilles. You can see pics of my car in my garage. Maybe it is just the chrome that's blacked out but it always felt like the actual grille middle area is also darker. It could just be the effect of the out chrome being black though.
Thank you! Glad to have found the site!

I see i see. I am just having a little trouble justifying the MSRP of $530 + installation...

Hopefully someone has a midnight black with the sports grille? (I have a midnight black)

I guess i could always wrap it first and if I don't like it, replace it with the OEM.:confused:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Don't worry about paying for installation. It's a relatively easy job to do yourself. You don't even need to put the car on jacks.

Reactions: Coahman

·
Premium Member
472 Posts

I see i see. I am just having a little trouble justifying the MSRP of $530 + installation...

Hopefully someone has a midnight black with the sports grille? (I have a midnight black)

I guess i could always wrap it first and if I don't like it, replace it with the OEM.:confused:
$530? Which grille are you after? There are a few different options. Perhaps I can work that price down for your or at least point you in the direction of how you can get it for less than that.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts

I think I figured it out. You're looking at the black sport grille with ICC. $530 MSRP. Do you have ICC? If unsure, PM me your VIN and I can verify it for you.

If you do not have ICC, the MSRP for the grille is $400.

Either way, if interested, here's pricing for your and anyone else on these grilles:

F2310-5CB1A, with ICC, $530 MSRP, $399 including free shipping to the 48-states.

52310-5CA0A, withOUT ICC, $400 MSRP, $300 including free shipping to the 48-states.

This is for the grille without the radiant emblem. This is just the black sport grille that is completely black. Photo attached for reference.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I think I figured it out. You're looking at the black sport grille with ICC. $530 MSRP. Do you have ICC? If unsure, PM me your VIN and I can verify it for you.

Either way, if interested, here's pricing for your and anyone else on these grilles:

F2310-5CB1A, with ICC, $530 MSRP, $399 including free shipping to the 48-states.

52310-5CA0A, withOUT ICC, $400 MSRP, $300 including free shipping to the 48-states.

This is for the grille without the radiant emblem. This is just the black sport grille that is completely black. Photo attached for reference.
Wow, that is an awesome price on the sports grille with ICC. I wish you guys had it for sale when I bought mine last November....I definitely did not get as good a deal as the OP could here even though I did pay way less than MSRP.

OP, I'd recommend getting the grille direct from Sid at these prices. You can't go wrong and I bet you won't find better pricing anywhere else. :) Also, if you do get a dealer to install, you can negotiate the install time/cost to some extent. I think I paid $150 for the install. But as folks have mentioned, you can also do it yourself. Since the mounts can break with too much force (and I have a tendency to use too much force), I figured my dealer would take ownership in the event something went wrong and the money was no biggie.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Wow, that is an awesome price on the sports grille with ICC. I wish you guys had it for sale when I bought mine last November....I definitely did not get as good a deal as the OP could here even though I did pay way less than MSRP.
Ah! Well, sometimes I am late to the party. I've been around, just not on the forums. There's one Q50 forum member, Keyur Patel, that is the sole reason why I hopped on there and eventually here.

And, it's been providing more of the buyer-seller experience I've been looking for. One that's a bit more personal and clear than a lot of the ones I've encountered through our eBay stores.

But, I'm here now and you now how to get in touch if needed!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I guess i could always wrap it first and if I don't like it, replace it with the OEM.

I am all the way from Hawaii so maybe that may be the issue?

I do not have ICC but I selected without ICC.

Attached screenshot of the price.

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
Dude spring for the radiant emblem if you're going to get a new grille. It adds just that much more awesome to the car.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts

They inflated their price. MSRP I see on the non-ICC grille is $400 MSRP. Check here: https://infinitiofgwinnettparts.com...ction=accessories&itemid=417271&catalogid=212

On their site, pop in coupon code ESTORE2017 and see if it brings that $520 down to $390 and if they have a pick-up option. You'd also most likely have to pay local sales tax.

I'd have to get a quote on shipping. Off the top of my head, my cost would probably be about the $60-$70 range, which is still slightly under what their site is, but, there's the travel factor. And, another "but," you don't have to pay Georgia sales taxes or Hawaii sales taxes if ordered from me. I can't levy those as you are out-of-state.

Looks like they've bumped prices because they're very aware of how tough it is to get parts out that direction.

And, spyderman7000 is right. The illuminated emblem does add a nice touch of elegance! But, while it states it is only for vehicles without ICC, the installation instructions also specify the vehicle can't have a camera in the grille either. Which, I'm not sure if you can get the front camera without ICC being installed. But, worth noting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

They inflated their price. MSRP I see on the non-ICC grille is $400 MSRP. Check here: https://infinitiofgwinnettparts.com...ction=accessories&itemid=417271&catalogid=212

On their site, pop in coupon code ESTORE2017 and see if it brings that $520 down to $390 and if they have a pick-up option. You'd also most likely have to pay local sales tax.

I'd have to get a quote on shipping. Off the top of my head, my cost would probably be about the $60-$70 range, which is still slightly under what their site is, but, there's the travel factor. And, another "but," you don't have to pay Georgia sales taxes or Hawaii sales taxes if ordered from me. I can't levy those as you are out-of-state.

Looks like they've bumped prices because they're very aware of how tough it is to get parts out that direction.

And, spyderman7000 is right. The illuminated emblem does add a nice touch of elegance! But, while it states it is only for vehicles without ICC, the installation instructions also specify the vehicle can't have a camera in the grille either. Which, I'm not sure if you can get the front camera without ICC being installed. But, worth noting.
I guess that's part of the price living in "paradise".

I tried the coupon code but it does not apply to motorsports parts.

I see the $400 option and I guess I can ask the dealership about that price. (we only have one dealership within 2000 miles lol)

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I guess that's part of the price living in "paradise".

I tried the coupon code but it does not apply to motorsports parts.

I see the $400 option and I guess I can ask the dealership about that price. (we only have one dealership within 2000 miles lol)
Ah, very true! Businesses will do that when they know you can't get their product anywhere else.

Definitely ask, but, if not, throw a ZIP at me and I'll check shipping cost. On the shipping aspect, I'd use USPS Priority Mail. While USPS tends to deliver items undamaged (I've placed 1 damage claim with them in 2 years whereas FedEx is a bit of a different story), they're the Hoover (they suck, ha, ha...) with updating tracking at times.

Oh, and an FYI, commercial shipping address are always preferred to ship to! There's multiple reasons for that, but, if you have one and decide to order, please use it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ah, very true! Businesses will do that when they know you can't get their product anywhere else.

Definitely ask, but, if not, throw a ZIP at me and I'll check shipping cost. On the shipping aspect, I'd use USPS Priority Mail. While USPS tends to deliver items undamaged (I've placed 1 damage claim with them in 2 years whereas FedEx is a bit of a different story), they're the Hoover (they suck, ha, ha...) with updating tracking at times.

Oh, and an FYI, commercial shipping address are always preferred to ship to! There's multiple reasons for that, but, if you have one and decide to order, please use it.
Would the dealership still install it for me even though I ordered from a third party?

The zipcode would be 96815 and I do have a commercial address.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hey Sid, so since I bought my sports grille from you I obviously have this standard grille that I never plan on putting back on the car. Do you think there's actually a resale market for it or should I just trash it? I'm not too keen on keeping it around in storage because I already have too much junk around my house to include my wheels and tires from my old G35!

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Would the dealership still install it for me even though I ordered from a third party?

The zipcode would be 96815 and I do have a commercial address.
Should the dealership not install it, that is there choice, not Infiniti policy. There are some dealerships who can choose to be stiff on those sorts of things. My dealership has installed customer-provided parts in the past. Should they not be genuine, there is the obvious statement of not providing any type of warranty on those non-Infiniti parts.

Parts from me are the real deal!

For the shipping...my shipping program is quoting an insane amount: $88.28 to ship Priority Mail. Supposedly, that's my rate due to the volume of shipments we do with them monthly. I'm sure it's due to the size of the grille.

For some good news, though, I went to the dealership website and got the coupon code to work. Make sure you enter it in capitalized as ESTORE2017. Check out the attached screenshot. I do believe this one to be your best bet just because of my cost of shipping being so high. I hate to lose a sale, but, for $2 more, there's a lot less chance of something going awry and you getting the grille quicker.

Let me know!

Hey Sid, so since I bought my sports grille from you I obviously have this standard grille that I never plan on putting back on the car. Do you think there's actually a resale market for it or should I just trash it? I'm not too keen on keeping it around in storage because I already have too much junk around my house to include my wheels and tires from my old G35!
Parts like this, as much as I really, REALLY, don't want to say this, put them up on eBay.

You never know, individual or business, who is in need of the OEM part, but, doesn't want to get it new. People who have minor collisions or repair shops who have insurance companies forcing them to first entertained used/aftermarket parts before purchasing from a dealership (my Mrs. works for a collision center and has provided some good insight on how all that works).

Don't junk it! Just price it competitively (if you need some input on that, let me know) and do calculated shipping, especially for the wheels! And, request a commercial shipping address for those wheels.

For dimensions, use the following:

Grille: 10 lbs, 43 x 19 x 8
Wheels: 35 lbs, 24 x 24 x 12

Those are a little inflated, but, with couriers, they round up (i.e. grille is actually 9 lbs, 4 oz) and with how eBay calculates shipping, if you don't do it that way, eBay will under-collect what's needed to ship the things.

Also, should you post, be sure to mark the items as non-returnable and put that verbiage in the description, too. While it won't save you from a dishonest buyer who knows how to work the system, it will possibly ward off potential issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
Parts like this, as much as I really, REALLY, don't want to say this, put them up on eBay.

You never know, individual or business, who is in need of the OEM part, but, doesn't want to get it new. People who have minor collisions or repair shops who have insurance companies forcing them to first entertained used/aftermarket parts before purchasing from a dealership (my Mrs. works for a collision center and has provided some good insight on how all that works).

Don't junk it! Just price it competitively (if you need some input on that, let me know) and do calculated shipping, especially for the wheels! And, request a commercial shipping address for those wheels.

For dimensions, use the following:

Grille: 10 lbs, 43 x 19 x 8
Wheels: 35 lbs, 24 x 24 x 12

Those are a little inflated, but, with couriers, they round up (i.e. grille is actually 9 lbs, 4 oz) and with how eBay calculates shipping, if you don't do it that way, eBay will under-collect what's needed to ship the things.

Also, should you post, be sure to mark the items as non-returnable and put that verbiage in the description, too. While it won't save you from a dishonest buyer who knows how to work the system, it will possibly ward off potential issues.
That's great info, thank you! I've had the wheels on a ton of local sites for over a year now with no luck. I've been trying to avoid eBay for them because of the hassle of shipping but at this point I'd just rather get rid of them. I guess I'll have to give it a shot.

Reactions: di_parts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts

Here is a picture of my Midnight Black RS with the ICC Black grill. I installed it myself, it was pretty easy.......

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts