Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Oh...and in case you didn't know. There's only four channels that go from the amp to the doors. There is the signal labeled "front door woofers" which is ALMOST a full range signal..that's split into a tweet and a bass in the doors. Then there are the "squawker" which I found out are the equivalent of mids.....and they are on their own channels from the amp. SO..my guess is.....if your door woofer works and your tweet doesn't...it would most likely be an issue somewhere in the door. Where the signal is split to tweets and lows.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oh...and in case you didn't know. There's only four channels that go from the amp to the doors. There is the signal labeled "front door woofers" which is ALMOST a full range signal..that's split into a tweet and a bass in the doors. Then there are the "squawker" which I found out are the equivalent of mids.....and they are on their own channels from the amp. SO..my guess is.....if your door woofer works and your tweet doesn't...it would most likely be an issue somewhere in the door. Where the signal is split to tweets and lows.
Thanks a million, man. Yes, the woofer works, and found out the tweeter doesn't work. I used the diagnostic tests to figure it out and an extra tweeter i had laying around.

Now I need to buy a factory Bose tweeter :(.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you sure because the last diagram you posted say the door squawker and tweeter share a wire and the door woofer is on its own wire. Just making sure.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Are you sure because the last diagram you posted say the door squawker and tweeter share a wire and the door woofer is on its own wire. Just making sure.
How did the install go???
Still working on it. I got the sub in...just waiting for some free time to get the door speakers in. But yeah....even though the bose blows....the addition of a sub does make it sound so much better. Also...pertaining to the fix 86.

IF YOU DON'T GET THE control knob for the FIX 86, then you might as well just forget about the fix altogether. Makes a world of difference. And yes, once you calibrate...you're NOT supposed to use the head units volume control. If you do...that defeats the purpose of calibrating to begin with.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts