Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 AWD with 14k miles. Installeed RSR springs and now both front struts are leaking fluid!!!!
Please Help! Any feedback is appreciated..

·
Registered
367 Posts
Haven't heard of this from anyone or any other posts here? From a general standpoint, its rare that any car would have both Struts leaking any fluids, especially at such a young age. Did you get your car new or resale, do you have vichle history ? If resale maybe its a flood victim since there is a lot of damaged Cars having flood related issues.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was a certified pre owned from Infiniti dealer. No history and 1 owner. It started with just one side and I thought it was oil on the garage floor then I noticed the other side to. So I went under and noticed it coming from bottom of struts.

Haven't heard of this from anyone or any other posts here? From a general standpoint, its rare that any car would have both Struts leaking any fluids, especially at such a young age. Did you get your car new or resale, do you have vichle history ? If resale maybe its a flood victim since there is a lot of damaged Cars having flood related issues.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1200 miles ago. Struts were clean and fluid free when I installed springs. It has to be directly related

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Springs have been installed for 11 days and leaking started on driver side a few days ago and now noticing passenger side

·
Super Moderator
2,980 Posts
Sometimes mods are bad

·
Registered
898 Posts
My guess is they were RS-R superdowns, which will definitely stress the stock struts/shocks. I learned my lesson long time ago with mis-matched springs rates and OEM shocks. If wanna go low, your best bet is coil-overs.

Since I have a Red Sport AWD, I went with the RS-R Active C/Os, to retain the Drive Select function (adj dampening) - $$$. There are many C/O choices on the market for Q60 AWDs w/o electronic dampening.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My guess is they were RS-R superdowns, which will definitely stress the stock struts/shocks. I learned my lesson long time ago with mis-matched springs rates and OEM shocks. If wanna go low, your best bet is coil-overs.

Since I have a Red Sport AWD, I went with the RS-R Active C/Os, to retain the Drive Select function (adj dampening) - $$$. There are many C/O choices on the market for Q60 AWDs w/o electronic dampening.
I have BCs on the way.Waiting to hear back fromRSR. I know lowering springs can stress a strut and potential issues can arise. But with only 13k miles.... 11 days on the car

Because I was just looking for a subtle drop I figured to just save the cash and do springs. I learned my lesson

thank you for all the responses

·
Super Moderator
2,980 Posts
Because I was just looking for a subtle drop I figured to just save the cash and do springs. I learned my lesson
Often times the cheap comes out expensive

1 - 11 of 11 Posts