Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started car this morning , and see that both of my screens are black. Now radio works and climate work. But I cant see anything. Back up camera does not work either. Turn car on and off several times ,and drove it. Still noting.
Could this be a fuse ? Anyone else have this happed?

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,429 Posts
You might try a reboot by holding down the system's power button.

·
Registered
566 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPdate,
You might try a reboot by holding down the system's power button.
Tried this twice didn't do anything.

But went back out like an hour later and started the car and the screens just went on, and hasn't happed again since.

I suggest checking the Q50 Forum and ask since the two vehicles share most electronics. I did a quick search and numerous posts on this topic Search results for query: both displays black | Infiniti Q50 Forum

Also ohm meter out your fuses make sure they all read zero.
Yea always have more info on q50 site.

Omenx, do you know what fuse it is foe the screens?

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,429 Posts

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,429 Posts
It hasn't happened since
Weird. You might try the reboot again while the screens are on to confirm that it's actually rebooting. During reboot the screens will go to black just like a PC Laptop. You have to hold the power button down for like 10 to 15 seconds. Not exactly sure of that time but I've had to do a reboot a couple of times.

·
Registered
566 Posts
A fuse wouldn't cause that problem its either good or bad, but an intermittent wiring connection would. A system error could but a reboot to default conditions as Bevo suggests would most likely resolve.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Oh sorry I don't have a fuse diagram, but I am sure one exists somewhere.

·
Registered
2019 Q60S, dynamic sunstone red
29 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 2017 Q60 several years ago. The screen (Can't remember if it was both or just one) would go black. Usually they came back on if I turned the car off and restarted. I took it in for service tho. The Infiniti tech traced it to a poor grounding connection. He had seen it before in other Infinitis. Seems a lot of Infiniti's electrical systems were grounded to a common grounding bar that had factory paint on it. He undid the connections, scraped off the paint, re-did the connections, and the problem never happened again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts