Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I just got a q60 and I mean holy am I excited, I have wanted this car for super long.

I love everything but i definitely have a problem with it. The steering definitely feels off, either it could be the alignment or something I am not sure, I keep reading about the tires but I drove a q50 with the same tires and I didnt feel the problem as much.

It feels like its constantly fighting you, when turning it simply does not feel like it is turning how it is supposed to turn, there is a bit of maybe like oversteer and i mean it just doesnt feel like its aligned maybe I have no idea, I am pretty new to really getting into cars. it is sporadic, pulling to the sides, all in all its not that enjoyable.
I am also going from fwd to awd but still i dont think it should be like this. When making an actual turn, it feels a little clunky too.

I see everyone says to change the tires but I feel like it might go deeper than that because it does not seem like everyone has the same issue completely, but there are def a lot of people with it. Anyone have any suggestions to do? I wanna take it back to the dealer and drive like a loaner q60 to see if they are all like this, the problem is the q50 did not seem to feel like this.

·
Super Moderator
3,119 Posts
The car didn't act like this when you test drove it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car didn't act like this when you test drove it?
It sort of did but we did not have a very long test drive and the road got really crowded, we had the guy drive it to but he told us it was completely normal so I was not worried at the time. Now that we have it and are driving it more I am definitely starting to notice it more.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I would ask the dealership to rotate the tires front>back, back>front, and ask to check the alignment.

·
Super Moderator
3,119 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would ask the dealership to rotate the tires front>back, back>front, and ask to check the alignment.
Omg that’s such a good idea. It was a loaner with only 14k miles on it so I bet it was sitting on something uneven for suuuper long

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So i was pretty pissed yesterday, we went on a longer drive today to really see and we were like hm might as well try out sport mode...

actually degenerate how much better it made the car feel, how in gods name is standard what it is and sport not standard. Hahahha standard actually felt so bad and unenjoyable but sport just completely changes it. Did not realize the modes actually would make that much of a difference but wow

·
Registered
385 Posts
The only way to roll...

·
Registered
104 Posts
This makes no sense. Sport mode on a premium just changes how the transmission shifts and the effort required for the steering wheel, no? It should have literally no effect on how the car ultimately handles as it isn't changing anything to do with shocks or the suspension.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This makes no sense. Sport mode on a premium just changes how the transmission shifts and the effort required for the steering wheel, no? It should have literally no effect on how the car ultimately handles as it isn't changing anything to do with shocks or the suspension.
I welcome you to come try it but if you do you would def notice a difference

·
Registered
104 Posts
I welcome you to come try it but if you do you would def notice a difference
I have tried it and did not notice the difference you did.

From the manual, Sport mode:

"Adjusts the engine and transmission points for a higher response.
The setting of the steering system is adjusted to provide a quick steering response and a heavy steering effort.
The setting of the suspension system is adjusted to increase the damping force. (if so equipped) "

Premiums are not equipped with the adjustable dampers. None of those items would suddenly make the car behave much differently and eliminate the problems quoted below:

there is a bit of maybe like oversteer and i mean it just doesnt feel like its aligned maybe I have no idea, I am pretty new to really getting into cars. it is sporadic, pulling to the sides,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I just got a q60 and I mean holy am I excited, I have wanted this car for super long.

I love everything but i definitely have a problem with it. The steering definitely feels off, either it could be the alignment or something I am not sure, I keep reading about the tires but I drove a q50 with the same tires and I didnt feel the problem as much.

It feels like its constantly fighting you, when turning it simply does not feel like it is turning how it is supposed to turn, there is a bit of maybe like oversteer and i mean it just doesnt feel like its aligned maybe I have no idea, I am pretty new to really getting into cars. it is sporadic, pulling to the sides, all in all its not that enjoyable.
I am also going from fwd to awd but still i dont think it should be like this. When making an actual turn, it feels a little clunky too.

I see everyone says to change the tires but I feel like it might go deeper than that because it does not seem like everyone has the same issue completely, but there are def a lot of people with it. Anyone have any suggestions to do? I wanna take it back to the dealer and drive like a loaner q60 to see if they are all like this, the problem is the q50 did not seem to feel like this.
I have had my 2017 Q60 for a little over a month and I notice the same thing. I really have to pay attention when I am driving as the car definitely pulls very easily. I love the car, but not this feature. The car has Continental tires on it. I did not purchase from an Infinity dealer, but am taking it to the place I purchased it from today and will let you know what they suggest I do about this.

·
Super Moderator
3,119 Posts
I have had my 2017 Q60 for a little over a month and I notice the same thing. I really have to pay attention when I am driving as the car definitely pulls very easily. I love the car, but not this feature. The car has Continental tires on it. I did not purchase from an Infinity dealer, but am taking it to the place I purchased it from today and will let you know what they suggest I do about this.
There's not much you can do if your car has low profile high performance tires. See link ⬆⬆⬆

·
Registered
1 Posts

I literally returned my Q60 this morning to the dealership for this same reason after purchasing it just 3 days ago. Honestly, I wish I had test driven this before purchasing but it was on the showroom floor. Not to mention, I purchased my last two vehicles(2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe and 2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 Coupe) sight unseen and had them delivered without every driving one. The Infiniti Q60 does not measure up at all to these vehicles. Even the technology is better in my other cars and they are as much as five years older than the 2017 Q60. There's definitely a flaw with the steering/alignment and I also noticed a difference between the drive modes. Only mine seemed to not pull as hard in Standard than Sport but there's still a noticeable issue in either mode. It even seemed to sway in the rear a bit at times. So far, my experience has not been favorable. I guess this is why the Q60 is considered the low-end luxury line.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I literally returned my Q60 this morning to the dealership for this same reason after purchasing it just 3 days ago. Honestly, I wish I had test driven this before purchasing but it was on the showroom floor. Not to mention, I purchased my last two vehicles(2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe and 2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 Coupe) sight unseen and had them delivered without every driving one. The Infiniti Q60 does not measure up at all to these vehicles. Even the technology is better in my other cars and they are as much as five years older than the 2017 Q60. There's definitely a flaw with the steering/alignment and I also noticed a difference between the drive modes. Only mine seemed to not pull as hard in Standard than Sport but there's still a noticeable issue in either mode. It even seemed to sway in the rear a bit at times. So far, my experience has not been favorable. I guess this is why the Q60 is considered the low-end luxury line.
Were you able to return it even if you gave them the check? My experience with sport is def better and I am hoping new tires will help a lot but, the thing that sucks is it is my dad's car but he lives in a city so like he does not drive it that much so honestly I just use it most of the time but I could not test drive it and he had to, and if I would have known it is like this I def woulda looked at other cars. I love everything else about it though, I dont really use any tech besides just playing music from my phone, preferably my car would have zero screens lol.

If we can return it after giving them the check though me and my dad might consider it, but also I see so many people loving this car so I can not tell if it is a normal problem or just something with my car.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Tires and alignment settings are going help control the busyness of the steering feel.

Since I was AWD (& non-DAS), I wanted my car to be lowered 1", so I went the C/O route, along with aftermarket suspension hardware to maintain proper camber/caster/toe settings at the lowered height. That said, having run on the stock Dunlop RFTs for 25k miles, which included some time with the new suspension, adjusting the alignment settings reduced the busyness of the RFTs while cruising the highway.

I settled on Camber settings of -1.5 at all four wheel positions. When combined with the Michelin A/S 3+s (on stock Red Sport wheels), I have absolutely zero tracking issues on the highway.

Although you shouldn't have to go to the extreme of changing out suspension hardware, starting with alignment and different tires would likely reduce/eliminate the issues mentioned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There's not much you can do if your car has low profile high performance tires. See link ⬆⬆⬆
I took the car to the dealer I purchased it from. The pulling you are experiencing is called "tracking" and it is because of the tires. He suggested I get an alignment just to make sure, but feels the tires are the culprit. I started driving in sport mode and do not notice it so much (and the car definitely performs better in sport). I love the car, but am disappointed because I was able to lock myself out (the fob got locked in the car), have this tracking issue and now both of the screens are black, which requires a trip to the Infinity garage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I took the car to the dealer I purchased it from. The pulling you are experiencing is called "tracking" and it is because of the tires. He suggested I get an alignment just to make sure, but feels the tires are the culprit. I started driving in sport mode and do not notice it so much (and the car definitely performs better in sport). I love the car, but am disappointed because I was able to lock myself out (the fob got locked in the car), have this tracking issue and now both of the screens are black, which requires a trip to the Infinity garage.
**** I’d do anything for both screens to be black. The top one turned off still has backlight and I hate it. But yah u prolly can’t even listen to music.
Thank you though seriously, I’ll def talk to the dealership on Monday when I go but yeah I seriously just think tires is the fix. Will def ask for an alignment as well. Thank you man

1 - 20 of 25 Posts