Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nope. These cars don't have them. Is it possible? Sure, but be ready to spend some significant time and money on R&D and implementation.

·
Super Moderator
2,081 Posts
To flesh out what fourg63 has said (which is correct), the turbos on these are so small and the pressure to activate very low that no true BOV is needed (I believe there is something that is similar but not a BOV). Adding a BOV will probably hurt more than it helps unless you also switch to larger turbos or go larger with them.

Some members on here have provided feedback that adding a CAI helps with hearing some of the whoosh or whatever that a BOV would give you.

·
Registered
359 Posts
no true BOV is needed (I believe there is something that is similar but not a BOV). Adding a BOV will probably hurt more than it helps unless you also switch to larger turbos or go larger with them.
That's correct, the VR30DDTT uses a recirculation valve. Extra pressure built up between the intake manifold and the turbo when the throttle body closes is immediately piped back out into the air intake (pre turbo). This helps keep the air "available" for when it's needed, helping to further reduce turbo lag.

If you remove the recirculation system and install a bov, you're introducing extra lag since all of the air is lost and has to be sucked all the way back through the air filters in order for the turbo to build pressure back up.

Being personally ok with the lag is one thing, but I'm not sure how well the engine management system will tolerate it. I don't know if anyone has tested it yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's correct, the VR30DDTT uses a recirculation valve. Extra pressure built up between the intake manifold and the turbo when the throttle body closes is immediately piped back out into the air intake (pre turbo). This helps keep the air "available" for when it's needed, helping to further reduce turbo lag.

If you remove the recirculation system and install a bov, you're introducing extra lag since all of the air is lost and has to be sucked all the way back through the air filters in order for the turbo to build pressure back up.

Being personally ok with the lag is one thing, but I'm not sure how well the engine management system will tolerate it. I don't know if anyone has tested it yet.
That's incorrect. The VR30DDTT does not have a recirculation valve either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey I appreciate the info guys. As much as i love to hear the WHHPSHHHH It doesn't sound like it's worth it with this engine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey I appreciate the info guys. As much as i love to hear the WHHPSHHHH It doesn't sound like it's worth it with this engine.
I will back up testrage on the CAI part. I have the Stillen intake and at WOT the turbo spool is almost as loud as the exhaust.

·
Registered
8 Posts

What are you talking about lol theres no recirculation valves on the vr30.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts