Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the car up to a long drive yesterday for the second time about a 2 hour drive. It’s all highway driving and a beautiful windy road to drive on- but I notice after driving and I started breaking around corners at higher speeds the brakes really pulsates.

Don’t think the rotors are warped because I got them turned a few weeks ago so I know that’s not the issue.

city driving I never have pulsating issues
I also read up when ATC is on it can cause that feeling but I had it turned off.

perhaps it’s from the excessive heat and force?

has anyone replace their OEM rotors with drilled/slotted and have those been a lot better?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had pretty bad warped stock rotors, replaced with new Z1 drilled & slotted and fixed it, no more vibration, but I imagine non warped stock rotors would feel the same.

Now that I have the stainless steel braided lines the brakes feel much more stiffer and responsive, but also feel more raw and less comfortable. Before was like pushing on a pillow, soft and comfy, now its like I can feel the pads against the rotors rubbing lol

Not sure about your case though, perhaps if the issue goes away after you let ur brakes cool off then its just the limitation of ur brakes?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had pretty bad warped stock rotors, replaced with new Z1 drilled & slotted and fixed it, no more vibration, but I imagine non warped stock rotors would feel the same.

Now that I have the stainless steel braided lines the brakes feel much more stiffer and responsive, but also feel more raw and less comfortable. Before was like pushing on a pillow, soft and comfy, now its like I can feel the pads against the rotors rubbing lol

Not sure about your case though, perhaps if the issue goes away after you let ur brakes cool off then its just the limitation of ur brakes?
Ahh nice I see yah that’s the crappy trade off. I do like the feeling of the stock brakes when they work good.

but for a new car red sport etc shouldn’t be limitations like that in my opinion. Never had this issue before in any other car! Super weird

·
Registered
211 Posts
Do you have the akebonos or the smaller ones?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

I had the Z1 2-piece rotors, too. The sprinkle-slots are good, too:

Z1 2 Piece Akebono Front & Rear Rotor Kit - Z1 Motorsports - Performance OEM and Aftermarket Engineered Parts Global Leader In 300ZX 350Z 370Z G35 G37 Q50 Q60

One key point - the 2-piece rotors save 10 lbs/corner up front, and 5 lbs/corner in the back, which helps reduce unsprung weight (less weight for shocks to control, more flickable steering, etc.)

·
Registered
211 Posts
had the Z1 2-piece rotors, too. The sprinkle-slots are good, too:

Z1 2 Piece Akebono Front & Rear Rotor Kit - Z1 Motorsports - Performance OEM and Aftermarket Engineered Parts Global Leader In 300ZX 350Z 370Z G35 G37 Q50 Q60

One key point - the 2-piece rotors save 10 lbs/corner up front, and 5 lbs/corner in the back, which helps reduce unsprung weight (less weight for shocks to control, more flickable steering, etc.)
Gosh I know.... I think I already mentioned my blunder with these 2 piece rotors right? Well yeah, I thought I ordered the 2 piece ones, waited 3 months for them to arrive via a local shop and when I finally went to install it I realized I made a mistake and ordered the wrong ones! Not the 2-piece, but the regular one.... FML!

I just said **** it and installed them, my OEMs were in bad shape anyways. Improvements were great, but I still beat my self over not getting the proper 2-piece one... Maybe next year.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I just ordered them and had them installed with the stop tech brake pads I think I know what you mean when you said you can almost feel the pads raw on the rotors haha I don’t like that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts