Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Q60S AWD
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. 2021 Q60S AWD here. 15k miles on the odometer. Runs like a champ. All service done on time and only by Infiniti. Oil changes every 4K miles or 6months……
Once in a great while I notice a burning smell from the tailpipes after taking easy and not pushing the car. Fluids look good. I told my infiniti dealer (Naperville, IL) and they said they didn’t smell anything. Thoughts? Suggestions? Thx in advance.

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,325 Posts
So the smell enters the passenger compartment?

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,325 Posts

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,325 Posts
No smell inside the car. I only notice it once in a great while after I get out and walk around the outside of the car
Has it done this occasionally since day 1, or is this a new issue?

·
Registered
2021 Q60S AWD
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought the car new in November 2020, and I believe I’ve only been noticing the smell for 6 months or so. So, I’ll say it’s a new issue and hasn’t been happening from day one

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,325 Posts
I bought the car new in November 2020, and I believe I’ve only been noticing the smell for 6 months or so. So, I’ll say it’s a new issue and hasn’t been happening from day one
Well if you're sure no road debris is trapped on the exhaust system, I'm guessing it's either some type of fluid leak that's burning, or maybe an issue with the turbos. It should gradually get worse if there's really a serious issue.

Reactions: 2021Q60RS400

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hi all. 2021 Q60S AWD here. 15k miles on the odometer. Runs like a champ. All service done on time and only by Infiniti. Oil changes every 4K miles or 6months……
Once in a great while I notice a burning smell from the tailpipes after taking easy and not pushing the car. Fluids look good. I told my infiniti dealer (Naperville, IL) and they said they didn’t smell anything. Thoughts? Suggestions? Thx in advance.
I've been to that dealer and found them nowhere near as helpful as other dealers in the area. I'd recommend Hoffman Estates Infiniti. Talk to Antwan in service there, he's very knowledgeable and helpful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts