Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am considering getting a used Infiniti but am unable to come to a decision between two cars:

Option 1:
2013 G37xs with about 40,000km for $25k.

Option 2:
2014 Q60 with about 19,000km for about $30k.

Obviously the dollar figure is different and one has twice the mileage of the other. One is a year newer.

Say I plan on keeping the car for about 4-5 years, which would you guys choose?

This is my first Infiniti.

Thanks!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hello,

I am considering getting a used Infiniti but am unable to come to a decision between two cars:

Option 1:
2013 G37xs with about 40,000km for $25k.

Option 2:
2014 Q60 with about 19,000km for about $30k.

Obviously the dollar figure is different and one has twice the mileage of the other. One is a year newer.

Say I plan on keeping the car for about 4-5 years, which would you guys choose?

This is my first Infiniti.

Thanks!
Where do you live? If you get snow I would go with the xS and make life easier.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Assuming they were both in similar condition, I'd pay an extra $5,000 for a 21,000 mile difference - unless you need AWD like was already said.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I live in Canada so we get a fair amount of snow. I need to get mechanical inspections done. But I know both are accident free and need new tires- summer and winter.

I have always bought new cars.. this is the first time I am getting a used so a little bit on edge about it! But the these look really nice and are a lot of fun to drive.

What about from the perspective of resale in 4-5 years. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I live in Canada so we get a fair amount of snow. I need to get mechanical inspections done. But I know both are accident free and need new tires- summer and winter.

I have always bought new cars.. this is the first time I am getting a used so a little bit on edge about it! But the these look really nice and are a lot of fun to drive.

What about from the perspective of resale in 4-5 years. What do you guys think?
Ah your location is helpful. I will tell you that I have a G37S RWD and I put snow tires on it and made it through snow and ice covered hills. Snow tires are a must and if you want the ultimate winter machine you might want to get the AWD and use snow tires. I was not in an area that gets as much snow as I assume you do, so AWD may be best for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. The q60 is also AWD. My apologies, I should have said that. These are both cars that have been driven in conditions I will be living in.

I know what you are saying about winter tires being a must. I have always had practical new cars so I never put winters but have seen people with performance cars without winters being a total disaster! For sure, I will put winters on.

Neither car has the nav option but both have reversing camera.

Say I drive about 15-20,000km annually, which of these do you think will hold their value better in 4-5 years?

Perhaps there are other considerations you guys may think of as well that I have not! Since I am now buying used, may as well take less of a hit in terms of depreciation as well!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thanks. The q60 is also AWD. My apologies, I should have said that. These are both cars that have been driven in conditions I will be living in.

I know what you are saying about winter tires being a must. I have always had practical new cars so I never put winters but have seen people with performance cars without winters being a total disaster! For sure, I will put winters on.

Say I drive about 15-20,000km annually, which of these do you think will hold their value better in 4-5 years?

Perhaps there are other considerations you guys may think of as well that I have not! Since I am now buying used, may as well take less of a hit in terms of depreciation as well!
Oh ok, if they are both AWD, then I would go with the newer one with lower miles, if you can afford the difference. It will have more value when you do trade in as the mileage will be lower since you will be starting in a lower mileage vehicle and it is a model year newer.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Oh ok, if they are both AWD, then I would go with the newer one with lower miles, if you can afford the difference. It will have more value when you do trade in as the mileage will be lower since you will be starting in a lower mileage vehicle and it is a model year newer.
+1

Since both are AWD, I would spend a little more for the newer one.

In addition, you will have a longer factory warranty as well. Resell won't be that great on either of them but you will get more in the lower mileage one beings it is a year newer.

·
Registered
137 Posts

I'd pay the extra for the lesser miles, without a doubt.

I find the whole winter tires on AWD models thing so bizarre. I'm not in Canada, but am in Maine, so close enough. I've had several Infinitis over the past 20yrs, of varying models including a G37xS coupe, and have never run snows. All-seasons have always felt great to me with the AWD system Infiniti provides.
Actually, the coupe was my favorite in the snow. It's was a low, responsive, good handling car. I expect the same from my Q60. That being said, I did have the run-flats (which got very poor ratings for winter weather) swapped at the dealership and got my choice of tires. Pirelli ZEROs were ranked 2nd by Cunsumer Reports in the all-season ultra-high performance category, with the highest ranking offered in snow handling, hydroplaning, and road noise, so that's what I went with.

I'm editing because I have to add that my drive to work daily is literally a hop-skip-and-jump away. If I were driving 30-40 miles a day, and basically forced to drive in awful weather constantly, my opinion may be very different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys for all the feedback. I will have a look at the tire stuff you mentioned and will get the q60 inspected. As for tires I will need to change them anyway since they are pretty much bald. Will look into the all seasons as well. I have never used them either but thought they would not be a good idea with this car. I am a seasoned winter driver so I would think I may be ok with all seasons too in that case :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've ran Continental DWS on a few of my vehicles and they have done really well.

Fairly cheap and probably one of the best rated All Seasons. Good snow ratings as well

1 - 12 of 12 Posts