Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1976 Q60 2.0T Sport RHD
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a credit card size slot towards the bottom of the dash next to the bonnet hatch.

The OBD port is underneath and to the left as you look at the photo.

20210216_163813.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,641 Posts
No idea, why are the controls in front of the passenger's seat?

·
Registered
1976 Q60 2.0T Sport RHD
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in the UK ..... it's a RHD !🤣😂🤣......

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,641 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Hmm, maybe this ?

Starting Your Nissan
With a dead Nissan key fob, you can also start your vehicle so you won’t be stranded waiting for roadside service. If you have a Nissan car, truck, or SUV that has a key fob port, place the fob in the port and tap the brake pedal or clutch as you press the START/STOP button. This can still be done even if your Nissan doesn’t have a port. Simply press the key fob against the START/STOP button as you step down on the brake of the clutch.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,641 Posts
Hmm, maybe this ?

Starting Your Nissan
With a dead Nissan key fob, you can also start your vehicle so you won’t be stranded waiting for roadside service. If you have a Nissan car, truck, or SUV that has a key fob port, place the fob in the port and tap the brake pedal or clutch as you press the START/STOP button. This can still be done even if your Nissan doesn’t have a port. Simply press the key fob against the START/STOP button as you step down on the brake of the clutch.
I had a 3.5 Altima with a fob port. It was shaped to receive the exact same fob for the Q60. What is pictured is not the fob port.

Reactions: MikesQ60_3.0

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,641 Posts
On my Q60 the manual tells me to hold the fob against the start button and press the brake.

So again it aint that.
It's a credit card holder. Try it

·
Registered
1976 Q60 2.0T Sport RHD
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally identified it.

An Electronic Toll Collector or ETC.

Common in Japanese vehicles. Apparently it holds a card which automatically makes payments at toll booths so the driver can pass through simply by slowing down and without the need to fumble around for cash or another card.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Apparently it holds a card which automatically makes payments at toll booths so the driver can pass through simply by slowing down and without the need to fumble around for cash or another card.
In my native New York State, USA, it's call EZ-Pass, which is used on toll roads (i.e., the Thruway, I-90). Same concept. I'm surprised it's mounted so low in the dash - the EZ-Pass chip is mounted next to the rear-view mirror.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Love easy pass, keep your Blue states!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,641 Posts
Apparently it holds a card which automatically makes payments at toll booths so the driver can pass through simply by slowing down and without the need to fumble around for cash or another card.
In the US we have toll tags that are basically electronic decals that the user applies to the windshield that allow you to use tollways without stopping. I've got a small transponder under the seats of my motorcycles that do the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts