Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

a question that is in my mind for a while, Can our Q60s beat the GTR35:confused:? if yes then what shall be modified to achieve that?

Am asking cuz I watched a GTR35 struggling to won a Z370 that has HKS turbos:eek:, so I said I think its possible for the Q60 to do that also if modified enough to reach 500somthing HP especially that Q60 is 400HP from the manufacture>:).

lets hear your thoughts on this.......

·
Super Moderator
2,535 Posts
370Z 3,333 lb
Q60 RS 3,882 lb
GT-R 3,933 lb @ 565 HP

·
Super Moderator
2,021 Posts
A Honda Civic can be modified with enough money to where it puts every single Ferrari to shame so yes you can modify your Q60 to beat a GTR or R35.....but what if the GTR also spends that same kind of money?????

GTRs respond very well to mods and the stock block can take a lot of abuse. The weakest link is usually the transmission but workarounds have been found to make sure the torque doesn't ramp up too quickly and over stressing the components to failure. Also, there are plenty of companies that can rebuild a GTR transmission. Level10 might help with the Q60 transmission but they've focused more on the 7speed in the 370z than our Q60.

The gearing in our 7 speed is also no match for the gearing in the GTR's DCT.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Level10 might help with the Q60 transmission but they've focused more on the 7speed in the 370z than our Q60.
I will not argue with the "focused" term, Level 10 does have the Bulletproof Q60 transmission package "listed" on their website now. (Upgraded torque converter and valve body last I heard.)

·
Super Moderator
2,021 Posts
I will not argue with the "focused" term, Level 10 does have the Bulletproof Q60 transmission package "listed" on their website now. (Upgraded torque converter and valve body last I heard.)
Oh wow. Thanks for the correction. I'm way behind on my news and the last thing I was aware off was that they still hadn't committed to supporting the Q60 transmission so it's good to know that's not the case anymore.

:)

·
Registered
138 Posts
JohnInNH from the infinitiq50.org forums (he also has an account over here) had his transmission upgraded by Level 10 and has provided his feedback on the experience and results. (I have seen a few of his responses scattered in other threads, but I am too lazy to search for all of them.)

·
Registered
549 Posts
@JohnInNH has indicated one of the L10 biggest improvements is the increase fluid flow of modified/bigger oil pump in the transmission. His transmission fluid @ 24k miles looked "distressed", according to L10.

His transmission has the bigger oil pump, modified valve body, TC?, and Ecutek programming to work with the transmission mods.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, I have their TC, Valve body, clutch plates, higher fluid pump and maybe more.
I asked Pat to "Everything you can do to it." This was because I drove the 5 hrs down to have them do it. After the 9 hrs of it being on the shop I drove home.

Unfortunately the new tires I had on were balanced wrong. So I did not really get to play much on the way home. 😰

I did notice the car felt different other than the hard shifts on high torque demand. I called Pat the next day and he explained that my transmission has 5%, or maybe it was 10% less slip/power loss than OEM.

I didn't get the "slam shift" option. The beauty is when driving like you are on a DMV driving test it feels like OEM. The other half won't notice it unless she drives like me. 😁

I did this at around 15K the fluid was OK but the internals showed signs of overheating.

Hope this clarifies any questions. If not tuned, or only drive very hard every now and then even tuned it's NOT worth it.

I road race and plan on getting the soon (February) to be released AMS bigger turbos. Their "Red Alpha" test car for the turbos has the Level 10 goodies.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I have their TC, Valve body, clutch plates, higher fluid pump and maybe more.
I asked Pat to "Everything you can do to it." This was because I drove the 5 hrs down to have them do it. After the 9 hrs of it being on the shop I drove home.

Unfortunately the new tires I had on were balanced wrong. So I did not really get to play much on the way home. 😰

I did notice the car felt different other than the hard shifts on high torque demand. I called Pat the next day and he explained that my transmission has 5%, or maybe it was 10% less slip/power loss than OEM.

I didn't get the "slam shift" option. The beauty is when driving like you are on a DMV driving test it feels like OEM. The other half won't notice it unless she drives like me. 😁

I did this at around 15K the fluid was OK but the internals showed signs of overheating.

Hope this clarifies any questions. If not tuned, or only drive very hard every now and then even tuned it's NOT worth it.

I road race and plan on getting the soon (February) to be released AMS bigger turbos. Their "Red Alpha" test car for the turbos has the Level 10 goodies.
Awaiting for Feb to come and see the results >:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A Honda Civic can be modified with enough money to where it puts every single Ferrari to shame so yes you can modify your Q60 to beat a GTR or R35.....but what if the GTR also spends that same kind of money?????

GTRs respond very well to mods and the stock block can take a lot of abuse. The weakest link is usually the transmission but workarounds have been found to make sure the torque doesn't ramp up too quickly and over stressing the components to failure. Also, there are plenty of companies that can rebuild a GTR transmission. Level10 might help with the Q60 transmission but they've focused more on the 7speed in the 370z than our Q60.

The gearing in our 7 speed is also no match for the gearing in the GTR's DCT.
Very interesting info... Never thought that the weakest link is the Gear!! I was always focusing on the engine and its turbos

1 - 11 of 11 Posts