Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Q60 is Infiniti’s mid-sized luxury coupe. It competes in a tough space, with stiff competition from BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus. Infiniti appears to have overestimated its ability to compete in the space. In 2014, Q60s spent an average of 158.3 days on dealers’ lots before being sold. This implies that despite decent sales numbers of 7,740, Infiniti made more of these cars than the American people were interested in buying. This is not that surprising given that the car is priced similar to more highly rated comparable cars.

·
Registered
500 Posts
It will get even tougher for Infiniti to sell the current Q60 since the new one is in the works, I can bet there are a lot of folks waiting on that one instead.

On the plus side anyone who wants a current Q60, if they're patient, can get one when Infiniti starts getting aggressive with getting rid of them

·
Registered
7 Posts
I much prefer the current body style on my '15 Q60 IPL Convertible. The only thing that is attractive about the new one is the projected HP numbers.

And yes.... they are currently very aggressive. I got a SMOKING deal on mine.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I much prefer the current body style on my '15 Q60 IPL Convertible. The only thing that is attractive about the new one is the projected HP numbers.

And yes.... they are currently very aggressive. I got a SMOKING deal on mine.
I'm going to wait for the production model to see what that's like since all for now what we saw was the concept, and of course from concept to production there's a toning down process.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Infiniti just needs to market the **** out of the Q60. People may not even know a new Q60 is coming out when all they hear about are the learge German brands and Lexus. The Q60 is a great car itself, just needs to get out there.

·
Registered
95 Posts
People will be interested in the Q60. it's brand new and it will be sitting in Nissan/Infiniti show rooms. People will see it and ask, "Oh, what is that?"

I still want the new Q60. If you don't care so much though, getting a last generation Q60 would save you a lot of money. They want to get rid of them.

·
Registered
500 Posts
People will be interested in the Q60. it's brand new and it will be sitting in Nissan/Infiniti show rooms. People will see it and ask, "Oh, what is that?"

I still want the new Q60. If you don't care so much though, getting a last generation Q60 would save you a lot of money. They want to get rid of them.
And it should be even more people than before with the segment getting more interesting, the RC being one of them, now another option is on the market and one that might shine in different ways. Looking forward to seeing those comparisons.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just find the design of the previous Q60 to be quite dated compared to the new one. I wouldn't want the old one at a discount. The whole reason I'm intersted is the new design.

·
Registered
95 Posts
At the same time there are many competitors that are quite good. Perhaps the Q60 will still struggle. I'm not sure anyone aspires to the Q60. The Infiniti brand is lacking that X-factor.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Infiniti just needs to get people through the door first and the Q60 will do the talking. It's an amazing car and very well designed.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Q60 can already do the talking from what's seen of it online. So far in the market its a unique offering. While there is the RC and other options, they aren't exactly like the Q60, design being one of the areas it stands out in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts