Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Q60S AWD
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I’ve tried different CDs and I’ve restarted the car. (My car is hooked up to my home WiFi for updates too).... I always get the same result... it loads the CD, but the CD icon in the audio section always stays grayed out as if I don’t have a CD in the CD player.... so I can’t play any CDs. Note that the CD player worked fine for months and now all of a sudden it won’t recognize the disc.

any thoughts or ideas on how to fix this issue?

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,150 Posts

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,150 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Q60S AWD
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CD player stopped working / recognizing CDs again, and now the blue tooth won’t stream from my phone either. Jeez. Dealer will fix it. Just disappointing. Looks like I’ll be filling out that JD Power survey I just got in the mail along with the survey from infinity.

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,150 Posts
CD player stopped working / recognizing CDs again, and now the blue tooth won’t stream from my phone either. Jeez. Dealer will fix it. Just disappointing. Looks like I’ll be filling out that JD Power survey I just got in the mail along with the survey from infinity.
You might try rebooting the entertainment system. Hold the audio power button down for 10 or more seconds or until the system reboots.

·
Registered
2021 Q60S AWD
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bevo, Good suggestion. I and the dealer tried it and it didn’t fix the issue.

One clarification, when I said it won’t stream through the blue tooth, I’m referring to playing YouTube through the blue tooth that won’t work. The dealer stated there is something clearly wrong and is willing to work on it. Also, I noticed that I can hear the speakers making a soft flickering noise when nothing is playing through the speakers. Strange.

·
Registered
2021 Q60 Luxe AWD, Grand Blue
6 Posts
I know this is a year old thread but I have the same problem as the OP and wondered how the dealer fixed it. Any additional insight is appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this is a year old thread but I have the same problem as the OP and wondered how the dealer fixed it. Any additional insight is appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff
Closing the loop on my own question, I got a software update at the dealer when they were doing the steering knuckle recall. CD player works fine now.

·
Registered
2021 Q60S AWD
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Closing the loop on my own question, I got a software update at the dealer when they were doing the steering knuckle recall. CD player works fine now.
Same for me, the CD player issue was fix via a dealer software update. All good now.
I haven’t heard of the steering knuckle recall, can u share details or point me in a direction to figure out if I need the recall work done? I have a 2021 Q60S AWD. Thx in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same for me, the CD player issue was fix via a dealer software update. All good now.
I haven’t heard of the steering knuckle recall, can u share details or point me in a direction to figure out if I need the recall work done? I have a 2021 Q60S AWD. Thx in advance.
I received the recall notification in the mail last fall. It is NHTSA recall 21V-402. I needed a left hand steering knuckle replaced and the notice says it could take 8 hours. I got a loaner so they felt free to have my car 4 business days. They seemed to do it correctly since the car tracks straight and seems fine. It is free so it seems like a good idea.

·
Registered
2021 Q60S AWD
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thx. Strange… I have a 2021 Q60, but I just talk to infiniti consumer affairs and they confirmed there’s no additional recalls. I had the recall for the stalling issue resolved months ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts