Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car was at the dealer for some regular maintenance and while it was there I decided to get an early oil change...I was 500 miles away from my usual intervals every 3000-4000 miles (although Infiniti say it can go up to 10k.) but since the car was already there I decided to just have it done so I Dnt drop it off again. Following day CEL came on. I decided to go a local auto part store and have them do a free CEL and the codes were p0011 and p0012. At this time of write up I Dnt have the paper but it had something to do with the camshaft timing. The car has not hit 40k miles as yet. I had the turbos replaced under warranty around 28k miles and the car been fine since other than some alignment issues but that’s for another post. I had to go work so I drove the car following day because the dealer service was closed on Sunday and was gonna take it Monday morning and use my wife car because she was off. Anyway unfortunately when I got off of work the car wouldn’t start and I had to have it towed into the dealer. I usually bring my oil to the dealer and have them use mobile 1 but this time they used whatever they use at the dealership Nissan brand. could the change in oil cause such a problem. Have anyone had these codes and what was the resolution.

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts
I'm fairly certain they used full synthetic oil for your service which would have nothing to do with throwing a code for the camshaft position sensor, if that's the code you're showing.

·
Registered
742 Posts
What Is The Cause Of Code P0012?
  • Engine oil is too low*
  • Dirty engine oil*
  • Sludged up engine
  • Low oil pressure
  • Malfunctioning camshaft timing
  • Short in intake timing control/oil control circuit
  • Faulty intake valve timing control solenoid
  • Faulty oil control valve (OCV)
Maybe the dealership did not fill the oil to within the operating range.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got the car back everything was covered under warranty. The SA said a belt came loose and shredded itself into the air conditioner compressor
Here is a pic of the invoice as a reference for anyone

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts
They're supposed to do a multi-point inspection when they do service. I'm thinking they should have noticed an issue with the belt during the oil change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts