Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

New Q60 3.0T owner here transitioning from a 2015 3.7 Q50 and before that a 2009 BMW E92 335i. I have been looking into some aftermarket tuning like BMS Stage 1 but have a question. When they say the tuner is available for the Q60 RedSport and SilverSport, what is meant by the Silver Sport. Is that just the 3.0T AWD model (which I have), or is there another model I am unfamiliar with.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Hey all,

New Q60 3.0T owner here transitioning from a 2015 3.7 Q50 and before that a 2009 BMW E92 335i. I have been looking into some aftermarket tuning like BMS Stage 1 but have a question. When they say the tuner is available for the Q60 RedSport and SilverSport, what is meant by the Silver Sport. Is that just the 3.0T AWD model (which I have), or is there another model I am unfamiliar with.

Thank you!
The Silver Sport is the 300 HP model in both RWD and AWD.

Reactions: Sonnik

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey all,

Thank you!
The SS is essentially an RS minus the tuned engine, improved cooling, and staggered wheels. The dealers just call it "Sport" though. I think "silver sport" comes from the fact that the S badge is silver instead of red.

I have the BMS Stage 1 and its a pretty good price / added power ratio, and its actually more feasible on the premium and silver sport models since they're essentially downtuned from the factory. Plus it's beyond simple to install or tinker with.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
The SS does have the silver Akebono caliper brakes. So, that is probably where that "S" badge comes into justification over the non-SS 300HP version of the Q50. That and possibly suspension.

The RS also has optical sensors for the turbos plus other equipment in addition to a different factory tune to help push that HP and TQ up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts